Beginners - September 2013 (Page 64)

The fundamentals of programming

Currently going to school for programming. school only teaches you the fundamentals. I want to learn Windows programming. I'm pretty good at c# C++ and Java and...
[5 replies] Last: It appears that WinRT has inheritied the ability to work with CLI code... (by andywestken)
using boost to list files

I'm trying to understand how to use boost. Specifically the filesystem part on getting a list of file in a certain directory. My end goal is to insert each file...
[1 reply] : 1. last_write_time takes a path, not a status http://www.boost.org/do... (by andywestken)
Factorial for negative values

Hello everyone! I've made an intermediate function for a factorial in which i got some problems with the output. long int factorial() {long int a, b; ...
[6 replies] Last: Thank you for the advice then.. i'll try as your saying (by fluture)
Make current/this thread detach.

Hi. I have a thread that is calling a operator()-function, which is wrapped inside it's own class, to ensure that it always is detaches when it's decstructor...
[11 replies] Last: I will try that when I get back to it and hope that it works. I will t... (by Zerpent)
unique_ptr problem

Why can't I do something like this ? class Thing { ...... }; Thing thing; Thing *pthing = &thing; std::unique_ptr<*pthing> pthing2(new *pthin...
[3 replies] Last: #include <random> #include <memory> #include <vector> #include <iostr... (by cire)
Comparing two strings

I'm currently building a program where I need to search two strings, one of which is the search term and the other is a string already located in the .dat file....
[1 reply] : I think best would be to use std::string::find algorithm. http://www.... (by abhishekm71)
Student Average Grade.

Why isn't my average coming out? #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <iomanip> using namespace std; int main() { string ssnumb...
[2 replies] Last: You're right. Thank you very much for your help! (by xNeverLetGo)
Using std:: infront of cout/cin/etc. when they belong to the iostream library?

Sorry if this is a noob question but I just started reading C++ Primer and in their example code they use the standard namespace in front of cin/cout/endl but w...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.parashift.com/c++-faq/using-namespace-std.html (by Catfish4)
Program Crashing!

I have been trying to make this program for a long time, but I keep getting this error. When it gets to the Print() function, the program crashes (specifically...
[3 replies] Last: You do this in the global scope: int *nContestants = new int ; I w... (by Stewbond)
Sortting a vector

I am stuck with the last part of my assignment due in 3 hours. The instructions are to implement an IsBefore() function: • A is before B if A’s last name is...
[8 replies] Last: struct person { std::string first_name ; std::string last_nam... (by JLBorges)
Need Help with Arrays, Making Grids

Hello, guys. I am new to C++ and I am struggling with arrays here. I am trying to build the connect four game and thought writing this program would be a fu...
[1 reply] : Also, the end result also gives me a 7x6 grid of 0's below that huge... (by closed account 2b5z8vqX)
Nothing is Showing

So, I'm just learning how to do C++. I'm required to change the Hello World code to show my name. I changed it but for some reason when I run the code nothing s...
[8 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/iw6AC542/ tl; dr: execute your progr... (by ne555)
Too much recursion with vector(stack overflow)

Hello, I have a vector to draw some squares to the screen and my program compiles fine but when I run it, it pops up a window that says "Unhandled exception at ...
[6 replies] Last: ¿what are the functions on top of the stack? (by ne555)
Exam in loop

so we have 7 sets in an exam due in two days time we'd modify the code given, but seriously i can't figure each out even though it's seriously basic int=5 ...
[2 replies] Last: Those are all pretty simple. Something you might see in the second wee... (by ciphermagi)
September 2013 Pages: 1... 626364
  Archived months: [aug2013] [oct2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.