Beginners - September 2017 (Page 11)

error with delete[]

Hi, I'm not sure what's entirely wrong with my delete operator. The function i'm running works fine until it reaches the delete operator and i get an error sayi...
[1 reply] : // char* pnew = new char[strlen(s + 1)]; should be char* pnew =... (by JLBorges)
please help with 1d array 1-9

Write a program that looks at a 1D array of 9 numbers and verifies that the array contains each of the numbers 1-9 exactly once. It should display a message "...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int numb... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Assigning int values a name

In my source code, I have an int Gender written. I need to associate entering 1 as being a male and 2 as being a female. How is this done?
[2 replies] Last: Use an enumerator. enum { MALE = 1, FEMALE }; if (iChoice == MAL... (by Uk Marine)
about max_size() function for vectors

What is the inner function for max_size() for vectors ? Here i have this code: size_t max_size() const noexcept { return std::numeric_limits<size_t>...
[1 reply] : > max_size() for vectors ? max_size() for a container returns the the... (by JLBorges)
about const iterators

can anyone tell me what the difference btw the iterator const_reverse_iterator rbegin() and const_reverse_iterator crbegin() ? How should i write BOO...
[1 reply] : const_reverse_iterator crbegin() const returns a const iterator even... (by JLBorges)
Accessing Functions from another file

Hello everyone. I am writing a program that requires pointers, constructors/deconstructors, functions, and classes. I am at the beginning stages of this project...
[9 replies] Last: Here is the actual assignment so you can see what I am up against: ... (by dub1987)
problems accessing a function within a class.

I am trying to figure out how I can get the area function to run within the TestCylinder class. I get an error 'area' identifier not found on lines 37 and 38. ...
[3 replies] Last: Kemort, Thank you for the feedback and tips. I now have it working, t... (by stang6469)
Constructor needs reviewing, not sure if I did this right.

Hello, I am very very very new to C++. I am trying to figure out if I am completing the Huge-integer assignment correctly. For this assignment I must create a...
[2 replies] Last: Your constructor is called when an object of your class is created, be... (by Nico)
Why is my call for a class function not recognised?

Hello, I have made a program to convert between rectangular and polar coordinates using classes and friend functions. I am not sure why the compiler won't r...
[3 replies] Last: You would be safer with atan2(val2,val1) (note the TWO arguments) th... (by lastchance)
SFML - Moving in Radial Lines

Hi, I have a player that is confined to move around along a circle of set radius. I want an object that should appear from the center of this circle to fly ...
[no replies]
accelerated c++ excercise 12-3

The question says: Define the relational operators for Str. In doing so, you will want to know that the <cstring> header defines a function called strcmp, whic...
[1 reply] : I don’t have Visual Studio, so I needed to exclude the Ms extensions... (by Enoizat)
Values return as zero--values from function calls

continuing to work on my time program. Compiles just fine--handles exceptions just fine, however the print output is not correct. I've left of the minutes entry...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you everyone! Finally got it working--the entire part about pass... (by CapitalJeep)
LiveEdu Will Launch Soft Indiegogo campaign Next Tuesday

The premium tutorial projects for which this Indiegogo campaign is all about is a new product recently launched and thus we do not currently have on LiveEdu pre...
[no replies]
my file doesnt terminate and doesnot show the proper output

hi im a beginer and i dont know file handeling that much just started learning im making a program that opens a file that with the name user enters and my out...
[2 replies] Last: Well, that isn't a complete program, so it's not possible to see what ... (by Chervil)
hope to see an excellent programer :)

i want user pick can brings him back to the origin menu #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int choice; cout<<"1. go a head\n" "...
[1 reply] : I'm assuming you want a way to transition back and forth from menu to ... (by Uk Marine)
static vs dynamic array(new operator)

My professor says that "we are not planning to use a dynamic array", and he wrote that "fixed size array is more useful". However, I don't understand why he use...
[3 replies] Last: I suspect the prof. won't allow it yet. A vector can also be a stack... (by jonnin)
just askking...WHY

line 6 a function-definition is not allowed here before '{' token Put the code you need help with here. #include<iostream> using namespace std; int ...
[3 replies] Last: that's a very clear answers...you save my day....apreciate that (by phongvants123)
i'n a beginners but this is the big problem for me

why the screen is not clear....even though i used system("cls");.....like void does nothing #include<iostream> #include<stdlib.h> using namespace std; ...
[5 replies] Last: You again Chervil...you just say my night.....REALLY REALLY REALLY APR... (by phongvants123)
I REALLY REALLY REALLY NEED YOUR HELP...JUST HELP ME

when i'm coding. I really dont want to move my right hand to the arrow keys...it makes me so tired....so my question is "Do you know any software that i can do ...
[7 replies] Last: you guys just save my day esspecially thanks to "mbozzi" for your soft... (by phongvants123)
by b1yku
question about circle calculate

i can't debug this i think it was right plz help #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { double pi, radius, area, circumference, diam...
[3 replies] Last: What gives you the impression there is debugging required? In other wo... (by Nico)
September 2017 Pages: 1... 910111213... 21
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.