General C++ Programming - April 2015 (Page 2)

code for Mph to Kph. URGENT HELP!

I have to write a code to convert Mph to Kph. I'm lost on how I can fix the code. #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> using namespace std; do...
[3 replies] Last: dude, you only need one post per topic (by jasonwynn10)
by Debn
I need help for my hangman game

Can you help me? I'm making a hangman game but it's not working as expected. It's not filling the letters correctly. Here is the code: #include <iostream>...
[3 replies] Last: This code should work for you: #include <iostream> #include <windows.... (by jasonwynn10)
Multiplying Random Matrices

i have this program here that multiplies two matrices together. you enter in the dimensions of the matrices and then the elements of the matrices. but instead ...
[1 reply] : http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/random/uniform_int_distribution/ ... (by keskiverto)
Do-While loop LOOPS forever

I have a text file (schedule.txt) that has data that looks like this: Monday, Physics 101, Calc 27, Chem 130 Tuesday, English 100, CompSci 87, Arts 147 Wednesd...
[3 replies] Last: @ Gamer2015 Thanks for the hint! It works !!! (by newbiee999)
help flipping stars around on this program

#include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<fstream> #include<cstdlib> #include<string> using namespace std; const int a = 8; int i, j, ary , n, s1...
[no replies]
segementation fault in main() believe its in the switch cases. HELP Please I'm lost

#include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <cstdio> #include <cstring> using namespace std; class TreeNode { public: char data; TreeNode *l...
[no replies]
Making "new" out of "malloc"

Yeah, that's not a particularly fantastic title, but it's the best I could come up with. // Construction Class* x = (Class*)malloc(sizeof(Class) * 3); for (uin...
[13 replies] Last: All right, I think I understand it now. Thank you. (by Schulter)
Parsing an input file to create a directed graph

So I'm starting a project on directed graphs and topological sorting. I'm looking for the most efficient way to parse an input file of courses in the form: C...
[no replies]
Get the last position of a string

In my isPalindrome function, I keep getting an error when I try a get the last position to find if a string is a palindrome or not. #include <iostream> #...
[1 reply] : figured it out. Forgot to #include <cstring> -_- (by thecohshow)
Linked List search Operations

So here I've got a linked list that reads in person data from a file(ss_number, dob, fname, lname, state of residence), then creates a linked list of states and...
[no replies]
Binary Tree Database Help

Here I've got a binary tree database. I have a insert method that should work but my read in file is completely screwed up because our teacher never showed us h...
[no replies]
Expected initializer before 'Iterator'

The code is like this: in .impl file, function definition template<class ElemType> typename DoublyLinkedList<ElemType>::Iterator Iterator Iterator DoublyLink...
[2 replies] Last: Why do you make typename DoubleLinkedList<ElemType>::Iterator Iterato... (by Gamer2015)
Converting string to a char array?

How do I convert a string of unknown length to a char array? I am reading strings from a file and checking if the string is a Palindrome or not. I think my pali...
[1 reply] : You can use std::string::c_str(): http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/... (by BasV)
C++ Command Line Timer.

Hey All, I am having a hard time creating a working C++ timer. I am just doing this for fun to see if I can. What it shouulld do is ask for an amount of minute...
[1 reply] : Check this out: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/thread/this_thread... (by coder777)
Confusion regarding rvalue references (1,2)

So, I've just recently discovered rvalue references in C++11, and I don't think I quite get it. Let's say I was making a wrapper class around std::string with...
[24 replies] Last: That's... quite the explanation! Thank you, I think I understand now. (by Schulter)
Stable Sort

I have a program where I am given a large file of UC students that already sorted by ID. I need to sort it by the school they are attending and students attend...
[7 replies] Last: and use the sort function sort(students,students+ len, compareBySchoo... (by Peter87)
Need some help this array code.

i can't seem to output the array i filled with random numbers into a file like notepad or mircosoft word. idk if what I'm doing is even correct.. pls help ;/ ...
[1 reply] : You never call PrintArray anywhere. (by Peter87)
string matrix to 2D array

I am a very beginner and i need a function the would convert a string that the used enters in the form [2 -3;5 6.11;7 8] for example into a matrix , can anyon...
[no replies]
by yj1214
Pointer members in the class

This one has lots of errors but i'm pretty sure it's just some stupid mistakes... #include <iostream> using namespace std; struct Hello{ Hello(i...
[3 replies] Last: General rule of thumb: If you have to manually delete, you are doing ... (by Disch)
Vowel counting

I have to write a program that prompts the user to input a sequence of characters and outputs the number of vowels. The previous problem had me return true or f...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you so much for the response. This works! I haven't come across ... (by Mohawkuu)
April 2015 Pages: 1234... 28
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.