General C++ Programming - April 2015 (Page 3)

by awitt
input file help

i need help with getting an 8 digit integer from a text file and seting it equal to number everything else in the program works please help if you can ...
[2 replies] Last: @awitt Here's your program, slightly modified, to read the text file.... (by whitenite1)
Question about Void-Functions!

Hello, I have been studying for this Wednesday exam but still cannot find a difference between a void function and the usual user-defined functions! can s...
[2 replies] Last: Well, the major (and really only) difference is that a void function d... (by closed account 2LzbRXSz)
by ty54
OpenMP - Am I using pragma correctly in for loop?

I gave the below code a shot: int main() { Solve* slv = new Solve(); slv->compute(); return 0; } void Solve::comput...
[no replies]
C++ books for idiots?

I'm learning C++ from the absolute beginning and I'm ready to call it quits. I don't know if it's the book I'm using, but I don't get it. I don't understand the...
[6 replies] Last: Try the first or second edition of "C++ All-In-One Desk Reference For ... (by tapir2)
fscanf format specifier usage

I'm trying to find an example of how to use the "width" optional format specifier for fscanf. According to the page: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/cstdi...
[3 replies] Last: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5590381/easiest-way-to-convert-int-... (by mutexe)
What would my program need to contain for web searching?

I want to write a c++ program that searches craigslist and shows a result of there is one. For example: Search for "guitar" Search every hour for new post...
[no replies]
list<string>::iterator issues

okay so my issue is that I want the user to enter in variables, which get added to list<string> Listings; . I then want the user to be able to search specifical...
[6 replies] Last: Well if more then one matched I'd want them to display in the proper o... (by randomaffliction)
What would my program need to contain for web searching?

I want to write a c++ program that searches craigslist and shows a result of there is one. For example: Search for "guitar" Search every hour for new post...
[no replies]
Comparing parameters in a while loop

The goal of this program is to add the units_sold and revenue for books with the same ISBN. Unfortunately, for this program, I haven't figure out a way to compa...
[4 replies] Last: @Mikey, In my first sentence, I discuss the scope of the program. It a... (by dwsmith)
help! C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?)

I am not sure what the problem is. Any help would be appreciated. I got error C2447: '{' : missing function header (old-style formal list?) #include <stri...
[7 replies] Last: seatingChart and grades Hmmm, void displayArray1( string , int ... (by keskiverto)
Will pay 50.00 if you can write a quick code for me

Hey guys, i'm in an intro to c++ class, I have a code that's due wednesday, but I have a test wednesday. So I can either write this code, or devote the time to...
[2 replies] Last: can i ask you the reason whyd you returned to school? anways we dont ... (by xenovia12)
I have little confusion in traverse method

Did not get how we can assess private data by using dot ? As is happening in following code, please tell me, why is it ? #include <iostream.h> #include <s...
[1 reply] : Due to the keyword friend . This allows the friend function to access... (by coder777)
Program stops working

Hello everyone My program stops working when I enter the number of rating stars when adding an item that is option 2 in the Main Menu. Would someone help me w...
[4 replies] Last: //********************************* // Libraries used for the program ... (by BishoyGabriel)
ATM Project balance overage

So my code is working fine I simply need to implement a new function to limit how much can be withdrawn from account1 to account 2. Also to limit withdraw amoun...
[no replies]
Constructor Parameter Forwarding

Hi :) My problem is this, and my apologies if the subject line doesn't describe my issue properly but it's the only way I could think of to describe it. M...
[2 replies] Last: The compiler is only allowed to make implicit type conversions from 1 ... (by Gamer2015)
Over 80

Hello, I need to print all input lines longer than 80 characters. So if I understand it right, shouldn`t the pseudocode be something like that? 1. move i...
[5 replies] Last: Forget what I posted above. I see no need for copying here. I can`t re... (by pacman169)
The most occurring number in array(structure)

I cant find out whats wrong with this part of my program, i want to find out most occuring number in my structure(array), but it finds only the last number :/ ...
[1 reply] : This code is working fine for me. Are all your inputs correct? #inc... (by BlatantlyX)
by ssml
Can't get the final score I want

I'm trying to output this: Rank 1 422.30 Chen Ruolin 19 China Rank 2 366.50 Brittany Broben 16 Australia etc. (up to Rank 6) But when I try to debu...
[no replies]
by Kennay
Problems with my array lab

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main() { int sumArray; //1 int arr = { 5, 6, 4 }; ...
[1 reply] : What is your problem and please tag your code. (by CroCo)
Random letter generator help

I im developing code to generate a letter randomly but in the same code i get the same letter. The point of the code is for a game i want to have a number amoun...
[1 reply] : Hi, I don't know if I understood your problem correctly: do you want t... (by minomic)
April 2015 Pages: 12345... 28
  Archived months: [mar2015] [may2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.