General C++ Programming - April 2018 (Page 3)

by vmay93
Random Heads or Tails

Do I meet the requirements for this assignment? If not, how can I improve the code or make it better? Please help. Here are the instructions: Write a program...
[8 replies] Last: One thing I noticed is that even if you enter 'N', you're not forced t... (by bradltr95)
Rotating square matrix many times!

Hello everyone! Here I have a code that rotates the square matrix clokcwise and I am trying to do that I can rotate it k times (k is inputed by the user). I tri...
[no replies]
C++ visual studio 2015 LNK2001 and LNK2019 errors when I build (Windows 8)

Hello everybody, I am getting these external errors, which I think (but not entirely sure) are related to some libraries I included into my C++ work and the lin...
[2 replies] Last: @tpb- i just added legacy_stdio_definitions.lib into the additional de... (by MBANS7A1)
Error: 1d return 1 Exit Status

#include <iostream> using namespace std; int frequency(int a , int n, int x) { int count = 0; for (int i = 0; i < n; i++) { if (a == x) count...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks :) (by adil12345)
Once info has been written into txt file, edit through command prompt

I've posted the same question on this forum before. However, I failed to reply early to a user that attempted to help out and I think the question has been lost...
[2 replies] Last: Alright, no moue movements or clicks. I've attempted to assign each st... (by GhettoBurger)
upper bounds and lower bounds

Hi guys I am reading the reference pages on cplusplus.com for lower and upper bounds,for lower bounds it says Returns an iterator pointing to the first element ...
[1 reply] : > I'm not sure what is meant by this The most effective way to incre... (by JLBorges)
Social Network in C++. Help!!

So basically i have a c++ project and my teacher has asked me to write a program that not only can do the log in and register part but even put the friend reque...
[9 replies] Last: I figured it out. I just tried it with a while loop instead of a for l... (by retrobvf)
Random number generation in Monte Carlo Simulation

Hi I'm trying to generate random number for Monte Carlo Simulation that follows normal distribution. Can anybody tell me why this gives me same present value ev...
[2 replies] Last: You've got an awful lot of integer-division problems in you monteCarlo... (by lastchance)
by Mk87
question

ll
[1 reply] : It's not clear what's going on. Inheritance/Global? (by kbw)
by stav
Stack vs Heap allocation?

Hi I was wondering whether it is better to store something on the stack vs on the heap? Consider the following code: struct config { int data = 43; }; clas...
[1 reply] : That is a red herring. #include <vector> int main() { std::vector<i... (by keskiverto)
Warning Message Print out Several Times from Wrong Input

Hello All, I am new to C++ and here is my code https://onlinegdb.com/SyYxPykTM I want to set a checker using "While Loop" on line 34 to filter out non-intege...
[4 replies] Last: I further tweaked my code like this after including a string function.... (by bennyipfar)
by stav
Making an INonCopyable class

Hi Consider the following code: #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <cstddef> class INonCopyable { private: INonCopyable() = del...
[3 replies] Last: I dont want you to be able to create a base object, only derive from ... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Mk87
call the output of matrix in the void function

[8 replies] Last: The common link that you are trying to glue between your two functions... (by Ganado)
by typi8
Array

Create a function call sumArray which will return the int sum of an array that is passed in. Note that a length of the array should also be specified. 
inp...
[3 replies] Last: PLEASE learn to use code tags, it makes reading your code MUCH easier.... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Can you Help a brother ? Prime Function

Hello Hello ! Is first time for me, I just sign in to this forum. Can someone show me the code of this in C++ : -I want a function which show me the first pr...
[7 replies] Last: What can I say, ...you helped me more then you know. I stop playing g... (by WalterCC)
Creating a class that takes in values like an array?

I know operator overloading can assign an object of data type X into another object of the same datatype. like int a=1; int b; b=a; My question is if it's ...
[2 replies] Last: You may be looking for an "initializer_list". #include <iostream> #i... (by tpb)
Need reference with Geometric Calculator-Using Functions

Hello, I'm having a little issue with my program, the assignment is to create a Geometric Calculator using Functions. I tried doing function "void menu" but can...
[2 replies] Last: void Menu() { if (1==1) /// why? { // ... The if stat... (by AlejandrOrt099)
by nearc
QuickSort

Hey, I need to program Quick Sort so it would sort 100,000 unsorted and reverse sorted elements, and time sort speed. The problem is- I am bad at programing, I...
[8 replies] Last: At this point, you are really over your head. Programming isn't someth... (by Duthomhas)
LINK : fatal errors LNK1561, LNK 2001, LNK 2019 with C++ code in VS2015 (Windows 8)

Hello everyone, I typed up some code for a light simulation in skin tissue. When I try to build it I get the LNK error. LINK : fatal error LNK1561: entry poi...
[1 reply] : Sorry I could not include all the code as it was over the 8192 length ... (by MBANS7A1)
HELP!

Hello everyone, I have this working program with operations on circular doubly linked list. But I have one slight problem, for example when there is only one no...
[1 reply] : In the future, you should make a minimal program that we can run, ... (by Ganado)
April 2018 Pages: 12345... 17
  Archived months: [mar2018] [may2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.