General C++ Programming - April 2018 (Page 5)

by mchef
Reading Textfile into 2D array wordsearch

I'm having trouble reading my textfile into a 9x9 wordsearch grid. So far it just reads the textfile as 1 line. dictionary.txt: COMPILE COMPUTER DEBUGGING HELL...
[3 replies] Last: Having a separate row and column grid doesn't really make sense. You c... (by tpb)
by stav
Finding variable names at compile time

Hi I have a class called "ItemManager" that contains a vector of "Item" structs. The item struct contains various information about an item such as: string na...
[3 replies] Last: Something along these lines, perhaps: #include <iostream> #include <... (by JLBorges)
How to delete smallest node from a BST?

I have a recRemove function that recursively removes the given node. I also have a findMin function that finds the smallest node in the BST. I'm having trouble ...
[2 replies] Last: See http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/ about code tags for fo... (by keskiverto)
How Can Fix This Error With C++Builder

How Can Fix This Error With C++Builder(Tokyo)...E2285 Could not find a match for 'sort<_RanIt,_Pr> Source: Stack Overflow 4 Questions Jobs Tags Users B...
[2 replies] Last: PLEASE use code tags, it makes reading your code MUCH easier. http://... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
generate regular expressions from a list of strings

I am reading something from regex format, expands it and writing it out. This list can become huge while writing it out. While writing it out, I do not have ...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=dhayden]It looks like you're trying to output the set of string... (by tpb)
Once info has been written into txt file, edit through command prompt

So with the help of the guys here I've managed to create a vector that stores information into a txt file. The system function as stated below, Staff can 1) ...
[3 replies] Last: At this point would anyone mind, writing out the code. I'm burnt out a... (by GhettoBurger)
How to patch an error C1004: unexpected end of the file

Hello everyone, I am trying to create a GUI for an app, so I am following a tutorial on internet: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCnyqMWPkQk It leads me ...
[1 reply] : It's probably something in MyForm.h. Check the braces, etc, there. (by tpb)
by faeory
arrays

hi! can you help me with this program pls! write a c++ prog that: - declare an array named gamma of type char. - declare an array named vowels of type char...
[9 replies] Last: IMO these two are different scenarios: the size will get declared whe... (by keskiverto)
fill algorithm

Why does fill algorithm use so much memory ?
[1 reply] : Are you referring to floodfill? Like what's used in MS Paint or Photos... (by Ganado)
Circular doubly linked list from a text file

Hello everyone, I am having a hard time figuring out how to form a circular doubly linked list from a text file. I know I have to store the data from the text f...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, but now another problem, after reading the text file and choos... (by itfreakas)
memory usage

I have the following problem : Given an NxM matrix (elements 0 at the beginning),you read N , M , q and T and T lines as following : reading 5 integers l1,c1, ...
[3 replies] Last: It looks to me like there is about 4.25MB of RAM used by variables. 4M... (by dhayden)
Trouble understanding what this code does

Hello there, I am doing a program to check if a number is a palindrome or not.i have trouble understanding what the following does.it would be a great help if ...
[1 reply] : The answer is probably "42", because 1. The code sets value for variab... (by keskiverto)
macros - __VAR_ARG__: how can i get the arguments count?

using __VAR_ARG__, how can i get the number of arguments? see these to similar macros: #define ClassWithEvents(DerivedClass, MacroEventsUsed, InstanceName) \ ...
[2 replies] Last: thank you so much is what i need: #define ClassWithEvents(DerivedClas... (by Cambalinho)
how use constructor between class's?

see these 2 class's: class test { public: test(string strText) { MessageBox(NULL, strText.c_str(), "hey", MB_OK); } }; class tes...
[2 replies] Last: yes it's that i need. thank you so much for all. so the base construct... (by Cambalinho)
by Pink
Project due tonight, Error i dont know what it means, please help it is my first year

all of you who helped me >>thank you
[1 reply] : Use code tags when pasting code so it's readable: http://www.cplusplus... (by tpb)
Looping until a tolerance is met

Figured it out.
[2 replies] Last: You have no looping construct in your code. Over what functionality d... (by doug4)
Hardware question

Hi guys I am reading a book on operating systems and have a few questions to ask about hardware, so a computer consists of countless of logic gates(and,nand,...
[7 replies] Last: @OP, There are gates throughout all parts of a computer. However, th... (by doug4)
Cant Solve Seperate Chaining for hash map

I am trying to add a word into a node, into a map. insertAsFirst takes care of single linked list details, while i am doing what i know how to do to access the ...
[5 replies] Last: Without seeing your chainBucket header file or code for the chainBucke... (by doug4)
by Mk87
IMPORTANT

Hello
[1 reply] : Matrix is a function, so you need to pass arguments to it. The name "... (by doug4)
Help on Arrays program

Requirements for the program: Create an array of 30 random double values in the range of 50-100. Name the Array Grades. Fill the array with grades from x ...
[4 replies] Last: I addressed this in the last few lines of my post. (by dhayden)
April 2018 Pages: 1... 34567... 17
  Archived months: [mar2018] [may2018]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.