General C++ Programming - April 2019 (Page 8)

error while building project

Hi, im trying to built my project and i get this errors: Error (active) E0020 identifier "__RPC__inout_xcount" is undefined Kits\10\Include\10.0.17134.0\um\S...
[11 replies] Last: I don't download unknown code, especially from mediafire or other non-... (by George P)
Use c# dll in c++

Hi i want use a c# dll in my c++ dll I create a class library and add the dll to refrence and use from base code: extern "C" __declspec(dllexport) char* S...
[3 replies] Last: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/cpp/dotnet/how-to-convert-standard-st... (by helios)
by NiceS
Got a logic error when reading data from a text file

My program is unable to take in data pass the first student and even in the first student it will only hold data until the ic column. Where is the problem in my...
[1 reply] : I can't see the file. Can you post the code here? (by dhayden)
Passing character array of variable length to constructor as parameter

Hey all, I've been working on this code for a while and can't find where I'm going wrong. We are to write a program which contains a class "Student," where each...
[5 replies] Last: Rule of three/five/zero states that copy constructor&assignment need a... (by keskiverto)
Please help me with following problem

I have been trying to do this practical, but the problem is I don't understand what/how am I going to programme this scenario, I am new in C++ programming langu...
[7 replies] Last: doh. (by jonnin)
by Hahap
C/C++ code review question asking during interview.

Hello Guys, Hope you are well. I am a C/C++ cross platform developer, working on Windows/Linux and Mac OSX for last three years. As I am not happy with my curre...
[1 reply] : I did well on those tests(probably answered 70% correctly) but not wel... (by jonnin)
by plexus
Proper usage of initializer

Hi all, here's what I have: struct foo { int i; std::vector<int> ints; }; Here's what I'm going to do with that: std::vector<foo> foos; f...
[2 replies] Last: So as an alternative you might want to use: foos.push_back({3, {}});... (by plexus)
Program needs a menu.

Need a menu for function line 78 that will displays 1-6 options. Please help. #include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> using namespace std; v...
[3 replies] Last: "What to do on certain input" is separate from "show menu". There are... (by keskiverto)
Synchronize only certain processors in MPI

Is it possible to use MPI_Barrier to synchronize only certain processors? I have all processors but one doing calculations within a for loop. I wish to have the...
[5 replies] Last: I only use MPI_Barrier when debugging parallel code, to confirm whethe... (by lastchance)
Recursion Problem

This is the 2D array board. Hi, I am a beginner in C++ programme and I am very confused with recursion. How to use recursion to write these two function w...
[4 replies] Last: Ah, good. Sorry for doubting you, and I am very pleased you got it fig... (by Duthomhas)
Help writing a program! PLEASE HELPPPPP

You have just gained an internship at a marketing agency. You have been asked to write an algorithm and a C++ program to calculate the revenue an agent will rec...
[4 replies] Last: Please use code tags when posting code. Edit your post, highlight the ... (by dhayden)
by t0123
helppp

How many natural numbers are 2 digit digits different
[4 replies] Last: thank you very much :) (by t0123)
TicTacToe vs computer

Im trying to code a Tictactoe game against the computer, my game works perfectly expect I can't get the computer to automatically place the 'O' marker. However ...
[4 replies] Last: It looks like you still haven't taken jonnin 's advice. Reread his c... (by dhayden)
by VV9164
Sort a list based on attributes of objects

Hello everyone, I have started learning CPP very recently. Sorry if the question is naive. Suppose I have indexes to the list of courses a student (from class...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the responses. @keskiverto, your response was the closest o... (by VV9164)
Switching between players.

Hello. I'm writing code for what is essentially the nim game, however i cant for the life of me figure out how to get my code to switch between players. I've ch...
[4 replies] Last: Line 4,14: mode() is a typed proc. The new value of cm is returned. ... (by AbstractionAnon)
by slei
Base class function name hiding, thoughts?

Hey, I'm currently unsure about using base class function name hiding, do you guys consider this as bad somehow? I'm currently undecided. class Base { public...
[4 replies] Last: I don't want to read too much into your contrived example, but since i... (by doug4)
Switches And Cases Issue

Hello all, I am writing a program that simulates an ATM. So it tracks account balances, withdrawals and deposits in a very basic matter. Everything works ...
[5 replies] Last: I was just messing with you. All the loop types can be interchanged;... (by jonnin)
by Flesh
Cannot set Precision using boost multiprecision (1,2)

I wrote a function using all the examples I could find on using boost, been using boost since it first came out, this app is a QtQuick Qml Felgo App, but that d...
[28 replies] Last: [quote=MikeStgt]Now to the single case here... I'm only talking in gen... (by closed account z05DSL3A)
by atatat
Looking for general tree implementation

I'm looking for well-implemented, suitable for high performance application, implementation of hierarchical data structure in C++. Generally it could be describ...
[3 replies] Last: Boost does everything . ;o) (by Duthomhas)
by zeddy
help! "clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)"

Program: #include <iostream> using namespace std; //prototypes void DemonstrateProc1(); void DemonstrateProc2(int num); int main() { cout << "?. E...
[1 reply] : So where are DemonstrateProc1 and DemonstrateProc2 implemented? You ha... (by AbstractionAnon)
April 2019 Pages: 1... 6789
  Archived months: [mar2019] [may2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.