General C++ Programming - February 2014 (Page 32)

strptime missing from reference section

Is it just me, or is the strptime function really missing from the reference section of this website? Is there anybody whos job it is to add an entry for this f...
[2 replies] Last: I understand. Thanks for clearing that up. (by krafczyk)
Need help with Array problem.

I am trying to write a program where the user inputs the length of the array. Then based on that length, the user is asked to input the elements for several di...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you for answering. I just searched dynamically allocating an ar... (by arby1901)
by kienme
linked list: struct pointers as parameters

Hello people, I am making a program to add nodes to create a linked list, and to display it. At first when I ran the code in the main itself, there were no pro...
[3 replies] Last: I really thought that passing pointers necessarily meant that they we... (by TwilightSpectre)
Data Structures Help for Simple Pong Game (c++, opengl)

Hi guys. :) I'm a game design student and we're working on this simple pong game in c++, opengl... I wouldn't be asking here but our professor can really be... ...
[2 replies] Last: Probably he wants you to make it into a struct, and then create the in... (by TwilightSpectre)
by Lothp
Peg Assignment Help

I have been stuck on this for over a week trying to just get the basics of this to work. I'm having real trouble getting the constructor to work properly or eve...
[6 replies] Last: Under the section // see pegs maybe, how would you use the << operato... (by Areiana)
Help with a doubly linked list

Hello everyone, it's been a while since i've been on here! Anyways, I'm having one heck of a time with a doubly linked list; specifically reversing the linke...
[5 replies] Last: You don't actually have to care. As long as you have functions to prop... (by Duthomhas)
by MAAASD
string & in order list & files

Hello all, please check my code below the problem is, i don't know how to get seqNum and segData from the array of characters. I'm sure that the list works fin...
[4 replies] Last: @Cire Yes finally i figured out what you said, and i've used memmove ... (by MAAASD)
removing comments from program

I am following one of exercises in book. The first solution I am looking at is here: http://users.powernet.co.uk/eton/kandr2/krx123.html Basically it remo...
[1 reply] : Yes the program has a bug in it in that as soon as it encounters a " ... (by Smac89)
by MAAASD
split string into two arrays

Hello guys, i hope you all fine. suppose that i have an array of characters containing data in this form int@other_data how can i get the int part alone and...
[4 replies] Last: Please guys check the problem in details here http://www.cplusplus.co... (by MAAASD)
Mathematics program!

I am doing an assignment that needs me to program a total of 8 math operations, but I can only use 4 inputs. I searched everywhere and I am stuck because I dont...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <cmath> using namespace std; int main ()... (by closed account 1wA05Di1)
The this pointer used in overloading unary operator

I am having problems with the overloading operator functions return value the *this value why does it not return the this value without the indirection wouldnt ...
[2 replies] Last: In a non-static member function of Digit : this is a pointer - a ... (by JLBorges)
Difficulty Deciding

I have enough money to buy a book that ill need know but I cant decide, I want to make a 2d game that will eventually be commercial but I dont know if I should ...
[5 replies] Last: ok thanks for the advice, I understand what your saying im ordering SF... (by lolikilu14)
Making a type "tuple_like"

There's quite a bit of code to give a context of my situation that can be found at https://bitbucket.org/DarkHeart/opengl However, the problem can be reduced t...
[5 replies] Last: I think I edit-ninja'd that reply....but I really like your approach b... (by closed account 3hM2Nwbp)
predicate specified directly into STL algo call - Codeblocks

hi there, i have a question about this interesting "lambda" facility which i guess is not supported by my current codeblock version (which does not yet suppor...
[14 replies] Last: thanks Duoas, Make sure to go to Settings --> Compiler --> Compiler... (by ardengo)
*HELP* C++ Console Game

Can you tell me what is wrong with this, making myself a game...sorry for lack of detail, i just had to get this up quick. It will run but none of the content w...
[17 replies] Last: @Avilius There's a difference between "argument" and "argument". In ... (by lockandstrike)
In c++, what can we do to format the output just as we want?

Hi, For example, if my output is: - King of Spades Queen of Hearts Four of Diamonds Nine of Clubs Three of Diamonds Deuce of Spades Ace of Hearts Then, what...
[7 replies] Last: Hey cire , thanks a lot. It really helped me. (by Silver Falcon)
by indot
Change string elements according to user input

hello, i have here is a simple program that has initial string values. the user must first pick a location of the color and after that, change it to whatever he...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, i changed it to a 1d array but if i removed the pointer, i kep... (by indot)
Help, can't get rid of simple errors.

I've been working on this program for a few days now, and I'm just stumped at this point on how to go about fixing my errors, it has to do with the constructor ...
[2 replies] Last: there is indeed a: istream& operator>> (istream& in, CName& obj); o... (by SeaLabEZF)
Enet Help

So I've just been messing with enet trying to figure out how to make a server and client for a game. I'm having problems whenever the server receives something ...
[2 replies] Last: I'm using a library callled Enet. peers and event is all Enet stuff. e... (by Bingocat4)
programming practice and principles chapter 13 exercise 2

The exercise is: "Draw a box with rounded corners. Define a class box, consisting of four lines and four arcs." I'm not sure where to start with this. Can...
[1 reply] : Since no one else is picking this up, I'll take a stab. I'm not set up... (by Duthomhas)
February 2014 Pages: 1... 30313233
  Archived months: [jan2014] [mar2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.