General C++ Programming - February 2019 (Page 6)

fprintf vs storage in matrix

Hello, I'm writing a numerical code and I need the results in a .dat file. My question is: Is it faster to fprintf at each loop iteration or storage the results...
[5 replies] Last: You could also recast a pointer to the double's bytes and write it in ... (by jonnin)
by H00G0
Anyone having this issue with VS 2017?

Hey guys! I'm currently using Visual Studio 2017 and I've run into a bug of some sort. For some reason when I change some values in header files, they don't ...
[18 replies] Last: you can build a little tool (depends on OS what is needed) to update t... (by jonnin)
by nmn8
help write c++ code

For this assignment, we want to process WORDS in input files and, potentially, change some of those WORDS before printing them out. For our assignment, a WORD ...
[4 replies] Last: I remember when I was in this position a year ago. I came to this site... (by nicholasjb1996)
Unix C++ Compiler Error

im trying to compile a c++program in unix enviroment at HPUX box via c++ Compiler, but im hit with below error. Im not sure where it goes wrong as using the sa...
[5 replies] Last: After I changed TiXmlText to TiXmlElement, I don't get any error but t... (by chamcham)
Struggling with matrices in OpenGL

Snipping this as I've changed the code; See my next big post please
[7 replies] Last: Just throwing this out there: I understand that you want to avoid GLM ... (by Ganado)
State diagramm

Hey Guys have I solved task right ? https://www.directupload.net/file/d/5363/ygp59kzc_png.htm I know that I have to make a arrow on state C when I have to r...
[2 replies] Last: Can you really not read it ? (by Rocky35)
Move constructor not being called

Hi, I have this code: class ClassA { int* p = new int; public: ClassA() = default; ClassA( ClassA&& other) { p = other.p; othe...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you Peter87!! (by JUAN DENT)
Error C2360

#include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <string> using namespace std; std::string numerals = "MDCLVX"; int main() { int choice; bool On ...
[2 replies] Last: The missing format makes it hard to read your code... Actually you ne... (by coder777)
initial value of reference to non-const must be an lvalue

Hi, I have this simple code: int g(double x) { return std::floor(x); } int&& i(double x) { return g(x); } void Do_Type_deduction() { auto& li =...
[6 replies] Last: [quote=mbozzi]Edit. See what Scott Meyers has to say about it: He's w... (by Cubbi)
Target specific functions with intrinsics

Hi, This is a GCC question more than C,C++ so if its the wrong place please suggest a better place to ask :) I have several functions using SIMD intrinsi...
[no replies]
How to output Matrix here???

//Solving System of Linear Equations using loops #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<math.h> using namespace std; int main() { int r, c,...
[5 replies] Last: Hahahaha, that's great!!! Thanks for that, I just make double Mat an... (by emjaypee)
by nmn8
help my C++ code with error: no match for ‘operator++’ (operand type is ‘std::vector<char>’)

#include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <fstream> #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <map> typedef std::vector<std::vector<char> > Lin...
[3 replies] Last: The std::map stores its elements in std::pair so you need to pass a st... (by Peter87)
by faeory
reading and parsing a text file

Hi! can someone please help me with a code that reads and parse this text file: (A,B)=1 (A,F)=10 (F,C)=15 (E,D)=4 (B,E)=7 (F,B)=2 thank you!
[1 reply] : Perhaps something like this. #include <iostream> #include <sstream>... (by dutch)
Referencing an object in another class

So, this is actually for my Vex V5 c++ programme, but the vex forums keep denying my account for some reason so I have come here instead. I am trying to create ...
[2 replies] Last: If I understand correctly, Motor is an object apart of the vex class (... (by PapaGeki)
by faeory
System Partitioning Operations

HI ! can someone please help me with this assignment?! the assignment is about developing a system partitioning program (in C++) to partition operations to mi...
[no replies]
Accept only input chars I want

Hello, I'm fairly new to C++ and I'm constructing a program that defines a FSA, its states, accepting states, alphabet, and state transitions. The program will ...
[1 reply] : With C-style strings: #include <iostream> #include <cstring> bool ... (by dutch)
foo() precedence over foo(...) for foo() call?

I thought that I could rely on the fact that when foo() and foo(...) were available a call to foo() would be unambiguous because foo() would take precedence ov...
[11 replies] Last: I think f(double) and f(int) can confuse the compiler as well, for a f... (by jonnin)
Class Diagramm

Guys here is again a task in German where I had to make a class Diagramm . The task was: I think it s easy to understand : In the following class diagram...
[1 reply] : ¿what's the meaning of the dashed lines? (relationships between handy... (by ne555)
Use Case

Have I solved this task right Guys With a use case You should use the software of the control unit electric escalator design. The following Information was ...
[8 replies] Last: Trying to "translate the translation," here is what I came up with: Y... (by dhayden)
const wchar_t* to wchar_t* error

Hey, i always have problems with those wchar things. Hopefully someone of you can help me with this. I got the code from here:https://easyhook.github.io/t...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both :D @coder777 works perfectly @helios: i'll take this ... (by CppPrgm)
February 2019 Pages: 1... 45678... 11
  Archived months: [jan2019] [mar2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.