General C++ Programming - January 2017 (Page 3)

Unit Converter Validation help

Hey, im new to c++. I had to make a unit converter to class. Im trying to add validation as a little extra challenge, but im having an issue. If i type in a cor...
[1 reply] : My variables are declared at the top, forgot to copy them in! (by floppyjellyfish)
Creating header files and includes

I'm attempting to create a function called Greetings, where I put it in a separate file. I followed a tutorial on youtube, but it kept giving me errors. Below i...
[4 replies] Last: It works now. Thanks. (by asilvester635)
Opening Files with specific file extensions

Hi all, I was wondering if there is a library or a function that could do the following. I want to read a file in from the command line argument but only ...
[3 replies] Last: I found my solution. Thanks for the help! I used a substr function to ... (by Pokekid)
Help Me Solve This Linear Search Problem

Okay, so i am a beginner and i am trying to learn solving some problem then i saw this problem on https://training.ia-toki.org/problemsets/35/problems/183/. Wel...
[9 replies] Last: That's good that you got it to work. what you told me before was abo... (by Chervil)
by waleec
how to ignore the rest of the string

I need a function that ignore reading the rest of a string  For example if a character is "/" I want to ignore reading it and what comes after it till the e...
[1 reply] : std::string remove_tail( const std::string& str, char tail_begin ) { ... (by JLBorges)
Look for experienced man in error handling

Hi all ! With the book of Alex Allain, I try to finish this file. I think I will never be able to solve that . May someone help me. Here is the code: /*somme....
[5 replies] Last: Your file works very well ! Thank you very much. Allain's proposition... (by sylvain)
How do I get moving dots to loop?

I am having trouble with my moving dot program. I have it to where the dots move to the right like they are supposed to, but how do I get them to loop back arou...
[4 replies] Last: I made a minor syntax error but I got it figured out! (by CopaceticCoffee)
Question about signed and unsigned ints in c++

What are the largest signed and unsigned ints in c++?
[1 reply] : signed: std::intmax_t (usually long long ) unsigned: std::uintmax_... (by JLBorges)
by VTBear
C++ Bank Account

I had seen this code posted before, but the resolution to the BankAccount.h was not posted. Can someone supply the finished work, I am not able to figure out wh...
[no replies]
how to determine compiler bit

I am building SDL in Eclipse and it has different build paths for 32bit/64. How do determine my current bit configuration in MinGW?
[9 replies] Last: g++ -dumpmachine still: mingw32 (by technologist)
Abhängigkeitsanalyse

Hey Leute, ich habe die Aufgabe bekommen, eine Abhängigkeitsanalyse von Parametern zu programmieren. Wörtlich heißt es da: "In dieser Übung soll eine Kla...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=google_translate]Hey guys, I have been given the task of progr... (by Chervil)
explain the nim game

alright so I am still pretty new at c++. I came across this and really didnt understand it fully. I was wondering if someone could comment it out or explain wha...
[3 replies] Last: Mainly the class and what's being called where from it (by g8whitebuffalo)
Recursion Practice Interview Problems?

Hey All, What are some good practice problems for recursion? My current list is: - Factorial of a number. This is everywhere; from Stroustrup to Stackoverflo...
[3 replies] Last: In a production setting, there's plenty of arbitrary precision factori... (by helios)
cursor problems //code blocks

hello all, I am fairly new to c++ but I am using code blocks as my IDE and on one of my projects the cursor will no longer click in between individual letters ...
[3 replies] Last: http://forums.codeblocks.org/index.php?topic=9505.0 (by Tate89)
string manipulation help, c ++

Hi, using the code below, what can i add to remove punctuation from user input, and print input back to the screen. #include <iostream> #include <string> ...
[2 replies] Last: The Zero Tolerance Approach to Punctuation: https://en.wikipedia.org/... (by lastchance)
by iPros
Need Help ASAP

I need to make a calculator in C++ that will accept up to 5 values, and can add, subtract, multiply and divide. I can't seem but want to make an infinite amount...
[10 replies] Last: @JLBorges thank you so much. (by iPros)
c++ list insert function problem

struct Vector3f { public : double x,y,z; }; std::list<Vector3f> const *Points = new std::list<Vector3f>(); this is my implementation of the v...
[1 reply] : i wanted to insert a new variable ... well, you can't because you ha... (by gunnerfunner)
Picking best possible number combination.

Hello, been writing a program for my university, on how to calculate best semester grades, in a form of a table, where they type in their info of : -how many s...
[1 reply] : Do you just want direction or do you have any real problem in your cod... (by Makkasa)
by jerryd
Multi-threading

forum, Windows 7 Professional, Mingw-w64 compiler. I'm having trouble getting multi-threading working. I'm using a very simple example off the inter...
[10 replies] Last: Hi, Should also have at least -Wextra -pedantic-errors compile opti... (by TheIdeasMan)
by Fitter
Switch default always triggers

I have inserted 'default' statements in my switch. void confirmCompletion() { if (radio.available()) { radio.read(&confirmation, sizeof(conf...
[2 replies] Last: You got it! Thanks. (by Fitter)
January 2017 Pages: 12345... 13
  Archived months: [dec2016] [feb2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.