General C++ Programming - July 2014 (Page 3)

Best way to handle c++ and python program

I want to write as much of my game in python as possible, using c++ to handle graphics and low level stuff. What would be the best way to handle this? Can I r...
[3 replies] Last: Well, presuming you're smarter than the rest of us... There is no ef... (by Duthomhas)
Compler Fun!

So i am going to need a symbol table for my compiler but i have just discovered that an array is limited to about 0xffffffff elements and i am going to need mor...
[10 replies] Last: Just because you have 8GB of memory doesn't mean that the operating sy... (by TwilightSpectre)
Structs and Arrays

If i want to input (FROM A FUNCTION) information into a struct: * How do I define/ call/ prototype that function. * How do I check if that array inside the fu...
[1 reply] : > Many ways. Like, void fnc_name(struct& XXX); > What did you mean ... (by lsk)
Write hex in text file to other file (1,2)

I need some help getting hex from a text file and writing it to a different file. I made a program to dump hex from files into a text file and now I need it to...
[23 replies] Last: try this: string strFile = "Test\\Hex.txt"; string strBinFile... (by SIK)
I need help with this program

// Test12.cpp : Defines the entry point for the console application. // #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <iomanip> usi...
[3 replies] Last: I declared mystery but, pow and sqrt was considered an error and it c... (by Goinpostal1)
The new operator and 2-D array

Hey, so i came across this code and i hoped someone would explain it to me. int*val,r,c; cout<<"enter dimensions"; cin>>r>>c; val=new int[r*c]; for(int i...
[2 replies] Last: You can actually work with array . But I personally prefer the "1D ... (by vlkon)
My version of a Caesar Cipher works, except for one final problem.

Hello, First off I'd like to say this is my first post on these forums so I apologize for any formatting errors I make. Feel free to critique me on those error...
[9 replies] Last: Thanks for the response AbstractionAnon. I should have mentioned this... (by Kerchnasty)
Problem with GUI text boxes

Hello Cplusplus, I'm currently writing a program and a problem has occurred. My problem is that I have multiple if-else statements, which does test some con...
[3 replies] Last: myesolar: Thanks for your advice. It is right that Bloodshed does not ... (by AlexanderCI)
Last piece, looking for statement help

I'm so close. I have everything working up until my input. Code first, explanation to follow: //Battle with Samer #include <iostream> #include <string> #...
[7 replies] Last: ......................that was it..........for some reason, was mental... (by cavendert)
Multithreading

I need an easy example about multithreading . I want to input 2 numbers and ı want; first thread to find first numbers square, second thread to find...
[7 replies] Last: thanks it helped alot (by pachanga1992)
Text Adventure Confusion?

I tried creating a function that checks input so that I wouldn't have to write a billion if statements, however I don't quite understand how I'd plug the next p...
[6 replies] Last: Ohh, I see what your saying now. So I'll make a function with all the... (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
Generalising condition in if statement

I want to write an if statement which has condition like if(i%1==0 && i%2==0 && i%3==0 && i%4==0 && i%5==0 && i%6==0 && i%7==0 && i%8==0 && i%9==0 && i%10...
[2 replies] Last: Unrelated note: // i = number to check // n = Number of divisors ... (by Disch)
nest if statement with AND Problem

Having trouble with code not wanting to read my IF statement. Want to know why.. any help is appreciated. #include <iostream> #include <string> using name...
[3 replies] Last: You helped out greatly thank you very much... (by cereal8282)
using wordnet in C++

Hi. How can I use WordNet through a C++ program? What do I need to install and how? Thanks in advance
[1 reply] : Wordnet documents a C API here: http://wordnet.princeton.edu/wordnet... (by AbstractionAnon)
ARRAY PROBLEM

int main(){ int card ,number; //MY Question is about this line . cout<<"Number ="; cin>>number; for(int a=1;a<=number;a++){ card =a; cout<<card <<endl;} ...
[1 reply] : Use a vector: http://www.cplusplus.com/reference/vector/vector/ ... (by AbstractionAnon)
C++14 vs Python

Hi friends, I have a small query, am a Python programmer, also done some programming in C/C++ previously. Now am getting attracted by the latest c++14 features...
[8 replies] Last: Awesome answer, thanks Albatross for walking me thru the performance s... (by sansoftaus)
Uppercase/lowercase?

hi guys! ok so i have this statement - while(strcmp(x ,"Stop")!=0); - is there anyway to compare x to all the possible forms of "stop" (Stop, STOP, sTop, etc)?...
[4 replies] Last: Note that _stricmp is a non-standard function. (by Peter87)
Masking Password Entries in Xcode C++

I'm making a Project on a Travel Agency and I need to hide the password entered by the user! I am working on Xcode 5.1.1 -> Command Line Tools -> C++ on my MacB...
[10 replies] Last: As per the OSX documentation, it getpass() should work as expected. ... (by JLBorges)
Good HTML Gui Creator for C++ APP

Iam a newbie to c++ , and I just wanted to know is there any way by which we could design GUI for C++ Applications with HTML and CSS ? Any Help would Be Gre...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/17517249/how-to-build-native-c-apps... (by Little Bobby Tables)
Program that executes a command computer to computer

I'm currently making something with C++ for a computer at my house. I have a program in which I let run minimized and hidden on my home computer which will save...
[1 reply] : Your office PC program needs to be a "server" which can accept and aut... (by Duthomhas)
July 2014 Pages: 12345... 26
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.