General C++ Programming - July 2014 (Page 4)

Ignoring punctuation when copying cstrings

First time post so forgive me if there is some rules I don't follow. Now, I have an assignment in which I am to accept arguments from the command line and copy...
[6 replies] Last: Duoas, I know but this is for an assignment at school and we are requi... (by dfish565)
statement position

Hi. Here I have a code snippet. It's curious: cout << musicMap.size() << endl; //0 is printed while( word_music[i++] ) { word_mu...
[16 replies] Last: Let's simplify the snip char buffer ; char *ptr = NULL; ptr = new ch... (by ne555)
How can Build a program like UPX?

hi How can Build a program like UPX for compress exe files with Dedicated Algorithm? test this: http://upx.sourceforge.net/ download upx391w.zip and after e...
[4 replies] Last: If you are using Windows, there is no reason why Microsoft Essentials ... (by Duthomhas)
Twin primes program

This program prints out the total number of up to 100,000. What I'm trying to figure out how to do is to print out the number of twin primes up to 100,000. Is i...
[4 replies] Last: On the other hand you know that if primesCount is greater than one, ... (by handoftheking)
lexicographic order!

Hi guys. Ok so i have the following problem. I want to implement a lexicographical order of some characters entered from the keyboard. when i press "n" i want i...
[2 replies] Last: There are several problems. First off your program flow is wrong, yo... (by Codermik)
Structures and Arrays

Guys, I've been trying all day, and am lost. Please just point me in the right direction. Code first, explanation after. //Battle with Samer #include <io...
[5 replies] Last: oh.....cool. thanks! (by cavendert)
Need some help with a sortment

can anyone show me an input of an lexicographic order that stops when you insert "stop" from the keyboard?
[1 reply] : stop (by helios)
by the411
How to sort integers in a stack in ascending order

Hi, i am pretty much new in C++ programming and i have to do stack exercises. Can someone write a simple code of sorting the elements in ascending order in a s...
[6 replies] Last: You don't need more than one additional stack. (by Duthomhas)
by zxrp
Counting number of occurences of a word in a text file

I've been struggling with this for a while, I have to write a function that accepts a word (in my case the word is "the") and file pointer, and counts the numbe...
[6 replies] Last: http://rextester.com/MXBHP77365 (by Smac89)
by vlkon
Handling C++11 <random> - separate class and *.cpp file

Hello everyone, I wanted to ask for an advice about how to create .cpp file (new class) that will handle all the random number generators (<random> library) th...
[4 replies] Last: I think that you've got some typos. Missing semicolon on line 16 rand... (by ne555)
by judo11
How to count the students who got the highest and lowest score?

I can display the highest and lowest score but I can't display the number of students who got the highest and lowest score. int h=array ; in...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you sir I learned a lot from you. (by judo11)
by Mats
Pathfinding

I'm trying to find vertical paths of length n through a 2D grid of numbers. Paths may connect orthogonally or diagonally. An example grid and an example possibl...
[11 replies] Last: You can initially copy the data stored in the grid into arrays of x,y... (by keskiverto)
A code that doesn't work

Hello .My program doesn't behave as I expect it. This code doesn't prinnt 'c', why? char **word_music = new char *[strlen(audioBuffer)]; for(int k...
[4 replies] Last: cout <<strlen(audioBuffer); outputs 50972 and audioBuffer is defin... (by hooshdar3)
Unexpected Output

In my code below, if you enter an incorrect age, it starts the program over.. After you enter a correct input, it will output your name and age, then it will sh...
[3 replies] Last: a) ok b) i didnt say use the namespace called std. i said that specifi... (by Little Bobby Tables)
by Anns
Void pointer

Hi, I have a query regarding void pointer. Can any explain what happen when below snippet runs. #include <iostream> using namespace std; class base...
[12 replies] Last: Thanks. Here thing is that A.cpp includes B.h also. (by Anns)
Socket Programing

Is there a simple demonstration that someone could show me on how to take user input from a C++ program,open up a new browser window with google as its default ...
[2 replies] Last: I think we can cheat a little bit, use the specific URL instead of inp... (by lsk)
Binary search tree (Distance from node to root)

Hi, so, I need some help, I'm new to this BST thing, so, I don't understand most of the function regarding to this. I have my tree, and I need to find the nu...
[3 replies] Last: Kind of that, does it work as you want ? (by lsk)
Dynamically allocate array of strings

I know I can allocate it this way, on the stack: char* str ; for(i = 0; i < 5; ++i) { str = new char ; } But if I want to allocate array si...
[6 replies] Last: Another way is like this: int *data = new int [width * height]; int ... (by joe7)
'SFML/Audio.hpp' file not found ?

I am using SFML for the very first time, and I have no idea why I'm getting this error. I'm pretty sure I installed it correctly, so why is this occurring, and ...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you both so much. It turns out I had messed up a bit because I d... (by closed account j1CpDjzh)
by zxrp
Counting number of occurences of a word in a text file [UPDATED]

I have to write a function that accepts a word (in my case the word is "the") and file pointer, and counts the number of times the given word appears (case inse...
[1 reply] : That shouldn't compile. Fix that then try again. BTW, std::toupper() o... (by Duthomhas)
July 2014 Pages: 123456... 26
  Archived months: [jun2014] [aug2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.