General C++ Programming - July 2016 (Page 4)

by dinex
Segmentation Fault11 caused by istream?

I am still new to C++. I am working on a program to read a set of list. I know a segmentation fault can be caused by accessing an array out of bound, but the co...
[1 reply] : Accessing an array out of bounds causes the program behavior to become... (by helios)
illegal function?

There is a function that prints a value in the second constructor of class Time: Time(int alpha, int omega) { int result = alpha * omega; std::...
[1 reply] : Is this illegal to perform functions within a constructor? No, callin... (by helios)
How to read in newline without using .get()

Just wondering if there is a way to get something similar to this working without using .get(): //... while(cin){ char ch; std::cin >> ch; if(c...
[4 replies] Last: That is very interesting information, and I appreciate the insight. I'... (by TinyTertle)
Invalid types 'int[int]' for array subscript

Hey guys! I'm with a little problem... This code works like this (it's in portuguese and I couldn't translate it --> I'm in a hurry!): you put a number and choo...
[3 replies] Last: bem vinda (by shadder)
Binary Tree Issue with Insert Function

Hi Everyone I'm losing my mind trying to find out what is wrong with my Binary Tree Class. when I go to insert a node into the tree the entire program crashes. ...
[3 replies] Last: @closed_account: Okay, done. (by Arslan7041)
by nappa
array help (1,2)

Hello Ive been working on a program that inputs vendor names into an array to be displayed later on and the problem I have been having is that the user has to d...
[37 replies] Last: @nappa I modified my earlier solution a little bit to your desire. So... (by Naughty Albatross)
Menu driven program that allows user to maintain a collection of integer values through the following menu options

(P)rint should print the collection (A)should prompt the user for the value to add to collection (duplication not allowed), (D) Delete value from collection(...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=TheIdeasMan]Just a note for the future :+) There also shouldn'... (by Naughty Albatross)
by elay
codeblocks cpp file content deleted

does codeblocks backups all your code files? when i open my codeblocks project after restarting my computer some of my cpp files get emptied.
[4 replies] Last: So does that mean you have found where/how you can recover? (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
glewInit() not working

Currently I am trying to create a template project for Visual Studio but glewInit() doesn't seem to work for the life of it. When I use glGetError() I get 1282....
[3 replies] Last: You say "but" as if the documentation linked didn't spell it out for y... (by cire)
forcing constructor to use a default parameter

Hi, I am trying to initialize the second constructor by forcing the constructor to use just 1 parameter instead of 2. I expected 3,8 to be passed from Foo goo....
[2 replies] Last: line 10: makeNestedloop needs a return type. Since you're not return... (by AbstractionAnon)
Generate Unique Ids

Generate Unique Ids FormStrings(unsigned int id, string bigText) { //create small strings from bigText say string1, string2...string k for(int x = 0; x< ...
[1 reply] : When I created my pokemon game (small school project) I seriously cons... (by shadder)
by smesj
Help with recursion and linked list

Hey guys, I'm stuck... I am trying to write a function that recursively deletes elements from a list with odd numbers //remove nodes containing odd values fr...
[7 replies] Last: Yea Arslan its for an assignment on recursion so I'm forced to use it.... (by smesj)
Question about static, extern and #pragma once

what is the difference between #pragma once and the static keyword? aren't they both doing the same; telling the compiler that there's 1 definition of the ...
[2 replies] Last: static and extern define storage duration and linkage characteristics ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by Raizel
How do you display the month of the min value in an array?

hi there,im just wondering how do you display the month of the min value in an array. E.g: void dispMin(void) { char input; float Min;; int j; ...
[3 replies] Last: Maybe telling the question will help ? Qn:Display 3 least minimum wate... (by Raizel)
by Aidin
Date class problem

Hello , Recently I was creating a class called date which has some function. one of these functions add certain number of days to date . My problem was findin...
[3 replies] Last: You are welcome. :) (by Thomas1965)
Problems with injecting a dll system-wide

dfsfds
[6 replies] Last: google page cache? (by Chervil)
Funtion displays nothing

I made a function to display a menu of options for a player to choose from in a console RPG, but for some reason when it calls the function in the code, the scr...
[8 replies] Last: It is NOT possible to compile the code you have posted here. It doesn'... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
by TejaS1
Reading file to class variables

Hi I've been trying to read elements of a file to my class variables but it's giving me a read error. Would be great if someone could look through my code, I ma...
[2 replies] Last: Does that help? :) (by Naughty Albatross)
Help Please!

Indicate what relational expressions are false: "John" < "JOHN" "Tim" < "Tom" "349" > "54" "Mary" < "MaryEllen" "Scott" < "John...
[4 replies] Last: If you were going to write a program to solve the question what would ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Calling a Class in Main function

I made this code in main function. #include "stdafx.h" using namespace std; int _tmain(int argc, _TCHAR* argv ) { cout << "Name: Daniel\n" << "SSN: 9999 ...
[3 replies] Last: Lol just Had to include <string>.... silly me. But it worked!!!!!!! Ty... (by luckytiger)
July 2016 Pages: 123456... 13
  Archived months: [jun2016] [aug2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.