General C++ Programming - March 2013 (Page 41)

Need Help

I have a problem in a class and have no way to even begin the project. I need to implement a C++ program that asks the user for four floating-point numbers. The...
[1 reply] : no way to even begin the project. Please, it would take a half ho... (by cnoeval)
Multilevel Container

I am trying to come up with a way to make use of a "multilevel dynamic" container. I am parsing a file to grab some pieces of data. Lets say the first field ...
[1 reply] : Think I found what I needed but if anyone has any suggestions then pl... (by airsoftsoldrecn9)
Need help with pixels.

I am using the SDL library, and came across a way to access pixel data. I am fairly new to using pixels so i need you to explain to me a few things. //A poi...
[3 replies] Last: I don't think the pixel format for w in your code can have any transpa... (by Peter87)
by bennyg
I'm a Beginner!! Help!!

I have to construct an "Itunes database capable of holding 10 song/album/artist records. I also have to allow the user to be able to change any field in the rec...
[no replies]
I Challenge You!

Try to make the best version of this! Well, credit goes to Bazzy, I think I could use some of the stuff you could place on here, the results may be interesting....
[6 replies] Last: It's a prompt, even I am working on it.... (by greenleaf800073)
Confusion about Pointers :S (and other dilemmas)

Hi there, I have a couple of questions I'd like to ask about the usage of pointers. I wanted to experiment a bit with SDL but noticed right away that the SDL_Su...
[16 replies] Last: OK, so SDL_Surface may only be created in such a way that SDL_FreeSurf... (by LB)
trying to make a program that user inputs range and base and then program prints out base to all exponents in the desired range

#include <iostream> #include <math.h> using namespace std; int main () { double base, range; cout << "Enter base" << endl; cin >> base; cout << "Enter ra...
[7 replies] Last: yes thanks for all your help (by fresheze13)
Error

Can Anyone please tell me where I went Wrong. #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; class date { public: int day,month,y...
[3 replies] Last: #include<iostream> #include<conio.h> using namespace std; class date ... (by points2008)
Template classes

Anyone know how to add a template class to my code below? Got this so far with loads of errors #include <iostream> #include <cmath> #include <cstring...
[9 replies] Last: It does, but from his initial code he seems to be trying to do specifi... (by yelnatz)
64 bit compiler for gcc/g++ that came with DevCPP (2005)

Hi guys I foolishly (due to inexperience) did a project (with 30+ programs) using the compiler that came with DevCPP. The compiler allowed code like... in...
[3 replies] Last: I really recommend you go back and fix these issues. I really suspect ... (by jlb)
by RD7
search and find the shortest queue and search after some condition

I am trying to implement a Task scheduler where i have n number of tasks. The Idea behind my task scheduler is that in a loop of queues of a vector, task should...
[1 reply] : so overall, i want to find the shortest queue, add the next 5 tasks to... (by RD7)
by coder1
abort()

hello, i was writing a program about substrings and when i compiled it it said : R6010 - abort() has been called here is the code: # include<iostre...
[3 replies] Last: no problem, typos happens to everyone (by coder777)
Dynamic memory help!

I have had some problems with dynamic memory in the past, what makes sense to me often proves to be wrong... The error is that on runtime a window pops up talki...
[13 replies] Last: Whoops, did some experimenting forgot to change it to one :P It shou... (by Peter87)
More people know C then C++ ?

I came across this at GNU website: http://www.gnu.org/prep/standards/standards.html Section 3.1, second paragraph: C has one other advantage over C++ and ...
[2 replies] Last: One interesting thing worth mentioning here; in contrast, GCC has rec... (by activecat)
cannot find C:\MinGW\lib: Permission Denied

I downloaded Code Blocks 12.11 , then downloaded the MinGW compiler and also SFML. Then I moved the (SMFL) folder from (SMFL../include ) to (C:/MinGw/include) ...
[no replies]
Static std::pair in function

Quiz: what are the values of p.first and p.second ? #include <utility> void f() { static std::pair<int, char> p; } ...
[4 replies] Last: oh i thought you know the answer and you just wanted to make a quiz ou... (by Darkmaster)
by Skynet
Making word changer discussion

http://faculty.utpa.edu/rtschweller/CS3333/CS3333S2013/hwk/wordConnect.htm This is my topic that I have to work on. I have an idea more or less how I want to...
[no replies]
class and object

i need help in to write the class definition for class called complex.\complex numbers have the form realPart + imaginaryPart *i where I is the square of (-1)...
[1 reply] : What have you tried so far? We could easily give you the answer in < ... (by Stewbond)
HELP!!!

create a program that display all the fibonacci numbers and display the 21st digit using array. here's my code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; ...
[2 replies] Last: i believe you are overthinking the problem. Maybe something more like ... (by Yanson)
rand() in attempted roguelike?

I've been trying to create a roguelike, and I was trying to create randomly generated rooms like in Rogue. I'm seperating my map array into sections and giving ...
[3 replies] Last: Oh, I get it! Thanks! (by kyranstar)
March 2013 Pages: 1... 3940414243... 51
  Archived months: [feb2013] [apr2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.