General C++ Programming - March 2014 (Page 2)

Variable not being declared before initializing, but it is?!

I'm working on this program, and when i run it for 'p', 'P', or for a incorrect service code a error message pops up saying that "totalCost is being used withou...
[4 replies] Last: I'd probably validate the service code right after they enter it, befo... (by wildblue)
I'm so close! Help!

I'm stuck on just my last bit of code with this problem, its a basic cell phone bill program that computes your bill depending on what type of service you have,...
[5 replies] Last: Wow I had a feeling it would be something simple like that, thanks a b... (by rar0012)
by KREB
I'm trying to write a C++ that involves a loop but it not working right?

I'm trying to write a C++ program that will allow a user to input a number from the keyboard. Then using a loop, that will perform 10 times, multiply the entere...
[4 replies] Last: In that case, let me help you out: //#include <iosteam> #include <ios... (by long double main)
by CRooky
Output function issue..?

#include <iostream> using namespace std; // CalculateABS.cpp int main() { // prototype int calculateABS(int); int num1 = -4; int num2...
[14 replies] Last: Practice practice practice.... Oh, and don't forget some practice. ... (by Daleth)
Whats wrong with my code?

Can anyone spot check my code for any issues? The question is as follows: You have a summer job that pays $15.50/hr, the total tax you pay on your total inc...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a bunch for the help! (by rar0012)
by AceK
Can One application be developed in more than one programming language

Hi everyone, I've recently been asked to add new features in a GUI app that was developed using Delphi. The problem is that I don't know Delphi but I know C++ a...
[3 replies] Last: Don't take this wrong, but you'd be wasting your (and your employer's)... (by Duthomhas)
by merta
PROBLEM, PROBLEM, PROBLEM ...

The program use a circular linked list and data structures to store the tasks.  Every task should include a task name, a name for the person assigned to it,...
[4 replies] Last: Is there anyone who can help? (by merta)
what is the problem here

So i have a program that should spit out a list of letters and numbers depending on the word in the file. like if the first word is dog it should print out dd...
[1 reply] : You have a global "num" variable in there that is confusing you. You n... (by Duthomhas)
while loop

Why does the following code keep displaying "Please enter either A,B,C D,or F even when I do enter one of those letters? cout<<"Please enter Letter grade fo...
[2 replies] Last: The logic makes Sense! Thank you! (by alvinos1)
Pointers and their length

I'm trying to write a simple C program, though for some reason, I'm having a problem getting the array's size I know I need to use sizeof, but it doesnt work...
[4 replies] Last: For more on the size of arrays: http://www.cplusplus.com/faq/sequences... (by Duthomhas)
How to assign an array to every element of another array

Hello everyone, I have been given an assignment which I understand pretty well, but I have a problem, and haven't been able to find a clear solution anywhere. I...
[1 reply] : I'm not evil, but your program is horrible. You are trying to create a... (by iQChange)
whats my problem

I have a list of animal names and i have to output them in a certain list dddd ooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooo ggggggg ggggggg ggggggg because d is...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <string> #include <cctype> void line( c... (by JLBorges)
Reading from file using getline()

Hi, i got a file (teams.csv) which has the following content: id,name 501,Abilene Chr 502,Air Force 503,Akron 504,Alabama Now i want to read line by li...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> #include <sstream> #include <string> int main() ... (by JLBorges)
Import stock ticker and volume from a website

I need a line of code of retrieving data from a live website. I will look around in the mean time. libcurl??? If you guys know this simple code please help me o...
[1 reply] : > libcurl??? Yes. (by JLBorges)
can't convert to hex

I was assigned a problem involving using buffer overflow to access a different function than I was supposed to. I was able to figure out how to modify the point...
[4 replies] Last: The command I use to edit the file is printf ''AABBCCDDEEFFGG\x86\x64\... (by Gulopey)
Methods in C++

What are methods and the different types that exist? How to use them and why?
[no replies]
Problem with the overlap of input

Hello all! Im finished this piece of code and it seems to work without the while loop but I'm trying to loop this piece of code over and over without stopping i...
[1 reply] : The problem is in count . You are counting every character in s ev... (by cire)
new operator information

In the code below when I try to allocate memory using new it shows error cannot convert book * to book .I think I am doing something wrong. #include<iostream...
[3 replies] Last: Eclipse has a Windows client, why not just use that? Otherwise wxDev-C... (by Computergeek01)
Bubble sort

can someone help to bubble sort this one, thank you #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main () { int sum=0; int mean=0; int median=...
[3 replies] Last: @eLypots Just before you finish the program, use a for loop for (in... (by whitenite1)
Need Help With goto Statement

Hello, this is my first post on this fourm. I am programming my Pololu 3pi robot so when it loses the line it will slowly do larger circles until it reads the l...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks! (by pieceOfPi)
March 2014 Pages: 1234... 36
  Archived months: [feb2014] [apr2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.