General C++ Programming - May 2012 (Page 4)

I need a project, something to do.. Intermediate or so

I've been teaching myself (well, in the sense that I haven't had a teacher teaching me) so what I know may not all be...uh sequential? it has been about 5 month...
[1 reply] : Using a linked list create a finite representation of inifinity. Ches... (by edithsong)
use of operator() in a class or struct

Hi All, in some of the code that i am reusing. i was surprise to see operator() operator used in a struct. dose any one knows what this operator is and...
[4 replies] Last: The operator() is wildly used in STL, mostly as a function object .... (by therockon7throw)
Grading sheet

Please help me, i am a new student to software engineering, and i am given an assignment to to create a visual application to generate a grading sheet for stude...
[2 replies] Last: It is not a help, it is do that job for me! So what would you pay for ... (by therockon7throw)
overloading all <<oerators in ostream

Hi everyone, I want to overload all <<operators in a class which inherits from ostream (to do some action before and/or after printing). What is the best way to...
[3 replies] Last: It is not a good/smart idea to create/have a class inheriting from os... (by therockon7throw)
by mowicz
Writing to/loading from a file (VECTOR).

Hi there. I have a vector vector<Worker> workers; and a class class Worker { private: string name; myownenumtype something; ...
[1 reply] : Hi There might be 100 different solutions to your problem, I am not gi... (by therockon7throw)
Problem with (Interbase) Dataset

Hello everyone! I am using an interbase dataset to select and modify some account data. Well, the select Statement with parameters (datamodule->IBDSet_Accounts...
[1 reply] : The problem here was that :cuentasConac had a ' after the variable (..... (by Multiplex)
Problem with barriers on threads????

Hello i have to parallelize Wmith_waterman algorithm with threads and i wrote this one: #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <fstream> #include <cst...
[1 reply] : void *thread_function(void *argument) { struct ThreadArgument *arg = ... (by tetartos)
How to detect some system info at runtime?

Hi! I'm programming under Linux and I wish to detect the following info at runtime , but I need a cross-platform solution: > OS (Linux/Unix, Windows or ...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks! (by aeronmike)
hi everyone, help me to loop this program.

i am very greatful for this site because i know my question will be answered at last. i have been trying to loop a program for a long time. but it seems the loo...
[3 replies] Last: thank u very much! Coder777. the article have helped me solve it. you ... (by erasmusantwi)
Counting number of sequences

Hi. I am trying to make a program which asks the user to enter two numbers n and k and then counts the number of all possible sequences of k-terms in the set...
[4 replies] Last: So, for example, n=10, k=5, a valid sequence would be: 1, 4, 5, 8, bec... (by Gaminic)
Custom iterator not working

I'm making a class similar to std::vector but instead of storing the contents in memory, I'm storing them in files, since this can save me from using new and de...
[4 replies] Last: It's not mandatory to use std::iterator. It's just there to make it ea... (by Peter87)
Doubt in polymorphism

I have seen from a website that if we are two derived classes inherited from one base class and if there is function in base class that we want to call for both...
[3 replies] Last: Your example demonstrates inheritance only, and not polymorphism. 'mor... (by coder777)
Linked List Issues

Hi guys, I am opening up this thread because I am having some issues with my Linked List, especially after I delete some nodes.... If I delete a node, and late...
[1 reply] : The problem is head and last in your Node class. Since each node... (by coder777)
Need help with continuous updating input.

I am writing a program that takes pollutant concentration as input and produces AQI as output. The program is a very simple one, and I have beginner to intermed...
[1 reply] : i Linux there is a shell command called "dnotify". see manual http://l... (by vkrishan)
Removing redundancies from a text file

I have a text file in which there are numbers seperated by spaces stored in the following format: 1 2 3 1 3 4 1 2 3 2 3 4 1 3 5 1 3 5 Each lin...
[6 replies] Last: > How do I modify the program to work for sequences of arbitrary lengt... (by JLBorges)
Checking System

Hi Guys, I am trying to write a Program that will be usable on most OS's, but I was wondering, how do I make it so that it will check its operating system, tha...
[1 reply] : You can use Macros to check which OS is this... e.g #if defined __... (by Aity)
by Smarty
Updating C++ Programs After Release

I'm thinking ahead. So, I have this program, it has saved information, and I want to know how to update the program without deleting the saved information. ...
[2 replies] Last: can you use Inno setup to update? (by Smarty)
Calendar program

So, I'm really confused: I need to make a program that outputs a calendar for a given amount of days. The user inputs amount of days (28,29, 30, 31) The pr...
[3 replies] Last: You should look at the tutorial on this site for instructions on how t... (by firedraco)
Homework help

Hello everybody. I am new to C++ and this week I am stumped with my homework. My homework this week is about writting a program that calculates the cost of bab...
[2 replies] Last: I finally finished my code and I tested all the different cases. It se... (by oscarocampo)
by yatici
returning structs and manipulation

Can someone lend me a hand with this? I'm trying to return a struct. (technically two different data , not necessarily struct) so I have a few issues. First C+...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you. Have it working. (by yatici)
May 2012 Pages: 123456... 41
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.