General C++ Programming - May 2012 (Page 6)

by Dehaku
Only using headers? (1,2)

I've been messing with C++ for over a year now, And I've only used a single file for my projects. I plan on making quite a large and long term project, and mod...
[21 replies] Last: Hmm... Some of that doesn't make any sense to me, but it has given me ... (by Dehaku)
need to improve random function

Hi guys, So i am using this random function: static int randomize(int pRango) { int random; srand(time(NULL)); random = rand() % pRango; ...
[3 replies] Last: oh man! /facepalm! THANK YOU GUYS! YOU ARE AWESOME. (by jmaltube)
Maths problem

Hello, I can't figure out why this code isn't working as I think it should do. I want to load variables to the heap while displaying the percentage loaded. Here...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very much!! Solved it replacing cout << (i/MAX_VARIABLES)*... (by Antares)
using arrays as variables to store large numbers??

i am working on an algorithm where i need to store numbers in range of 10-70 digits.moreover,only simple arithmetic functions will be used on them.i cannot use ...
[4 replies] Last: yay!!!!!!!problem solved!!!!!TTmath FINALLY WORKED for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!... (by utkarshsinghal)
"Stack Folding Problem"

I have been assigned this home task to Google and study " Stack Folding Problem " in my Data Structures and Algorithms course. I have looked for it on Google...
[3 replies] Last: "code folding" is typically the code word for an IDE technique that sh... (by Duthomhas)
Check if two strings S1 and S2 are anagram.

Hi, I'm trying to solve few problems related to strings, In most of the cases, I know how to go about it(algorithm), but I don't know how to implement it using...
[2 replies] Last: > 1. Arrange each string in alphabetical order and just compare them. ... (by JLBorges)
polymerphism

Hi, can anyone please let me know what compiler do in the code below? class Base{ public: virtual void funtion1() { std::cout << "Base::...
[1 reply] : > Or please give some reference http://books.google.co.in/books?id=hL... (by JLBorges)
Index-based algorithm design

I was wondering if ya'll could help me out here with improving an algorithm I've developed. The problem I'm trying to address is memory usage while avoiding ext...
[1 reply] : Consider using a sparse vector / matrix library. SparseLib++ http://m... (by JLBorges)
Tab space

Hi I would like to know how the tab space is compared in the c++. I would like to implement my own tab space using c++; Ex ; main() { std::string ta...
[1 reply] : In C++ you use the character '\t' to represent a tab inside string lit... (by firedraco)
by Reyvan
Help Me Voting program C++

I just want to adding "How Many Candidate" .... that we can choose how many candidates we want .... #include<iostream.h> #include <conio.h> #include<stdio.h> ...
[1 reply] : #include<iostream.h> #include <conio.h> #include<stdio.h> int main() ... (by Reyvan)
Abort Error

/* Program to create student record using primary key index usn */ #include<iostream> #include<fstream> #include<unistd.h> #include<sstream> #include<st...
[1 reply] : That function attempts to extract non-existent characters if the passe... (by webJose)
(help) thread stopped

#include <iostream> #include <conio> #include <string> void main () { string data_pemenang ; int tahun, liga; clrscr(); data_pemenang...
[1 reply] : I see code but no question. I'm not going to guess what you need. Sp... (by webJose)
Password Checking C++ Help VISUAL STUDIO 2010

My code runs on codepad http://codepad.org/dDI3fx92 but I get 1>MSVCRTD.lib(crtexew.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol _WinMain@16 referenced i...
[2 replies] Last: thanks, main always work without a return value for me. (by tripline)
memory simulation

hello everyone, i have a school project : memory simulation using a simple software,written in c++ if anyone gives any idea or suggestion about how to begin...
[3 replies] Last: My memory is not so good any more. Maybe you could simulate that? ... (by AbstractionAnon)
Polymorphism

Hey all, It's been a while since I found a problem in C++ that I couldn't solve on my own, but I'm working on a sort of "interactive fiction" program for class...
[3 replies] Last: If you know that foo is always a Location*, then you can use static_ca... (by kbw)
thousand separator-help

I have a very complicated code, with many outputs which are print out on a text file, now I want to use thousand separator for numbers? how should I do this?
[4 replies] Last: Keep in mind that messing with locales is a system-dependent thing, es... (by Duthomhas)
by mx760
Recursive singly linked list removal

I sort of understand the use of &(*front)->next which would mean the address of the actual front pointer's next node, I'm not sure. Also, the function works t...
[5 replies] Last: Thanks anirudh sn for the reply. It's working now, but I'm cursious ... (by mx760)
Quick noob question heh

if i have int iStalkRange = 40; and then i do like int plusAttacklRange = iStalkRange + 1 || iStalkRange + 2; means plusAttackRange can be 41 or 42? or sho...
[9 replies] Last: Ah, alright. That's just simple subtraction: const int stalkRange=2;... (by Athar)
Simple question about # of digits.

I'm modifying a project that I'm working on to give the user more control. One of the parts of my project involves using pi (3.1415926535 etc). I would like...
[5 replies] Last: Because this is just a dummy program representing a single problem in ... (by crystalgem)
Linked List

Good morning and I thank you in advance for the help. I am have major problems with the List function getNewNode and also the Node for the first and last. It ...
[2 replies] Last: I am sorry for getting sloppy with the code. I started concentrating ... (by garyfri)
May 2012 Pages: 1... 45678... 41
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.