General C++ Programming - May 2015 (Page 3)

by yj1214
Am I understanding dll and lib files right?

In order to statically link, you need to compile your object file with the lib file. Then your exe has all the informations...am I correct? In order to dynamic...
[5 replies] Last: Game libraries such as Irrlicht don't requires to link with lib files... (by andywestken)
by esolve
how to differentiate static library/compilation with dynamic?

I want to compile a program with two libraries: lpcap and levent but it seems to me that the commands for static compilation and dynamic compilation are the sa...
[3 replies] Last: PS (Aimed at my future self, as much as anyone else...) In the MinGW ... (by andywestken)
Cannot Reading File

Hi, Last week, I bought shared hosting at asphostportal. Now, I have little problem. Could you help me please? I am having a problem in reading a file i tried...
[1 reply] : I believe the correct error checking syntax is ifstream inFile; if(... (by shadowmouse)
Sonic C++ programing

Admin Please Remove this topic.
[1 reply] : yea i do. But you should use OpenGL because DirectX is known for bein... (by poteto)
Class Call problem

A friend and I can not get this program to work. It is supposed to get the Passer rating of two players and then compare them. When we get to the second player ...
[2 replies] Last: Line 81 is reading the newline that you entered after the first player... (by dhayden)
Looping help

the first run is fine. But on the second run, it skips the "Student_Name". What is wrong with the code? #include<iostream> #include<iomanip> #include<s...
[2 replies] Last: It happens sometimes when you use getline() and cin together in a prog... (by newbiee999)

[1 reply] : you should give details on what you are stuck on. Nobody is going to ... (by erbisme4)
OpenGL Lines problem

Hello guys, I scripted a simple "room" generator, I only made the floor code but I realized that I have this problem, Could you tell me how to fix it? Thanks fo...
[1 reply] : my guess http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z-fighting (by ne555)
by Xerox
hi can anyone help me to complete the code for searching a name and update some record which is to be saved on a database?

#include<cstdlib> #include<iostream> using namespace std; struct newemployee { char firstname ; char las...
[2 replies] Last: I suggest that you store the entire struct in a vector. newEmployee i... (by newbiee999)
c++ best practices help

In Below program do you see any error or scope of improving the design? #include <stdlib.h> #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; ...
[4 replies] Last: Once you've followed the first suggestion you were given, you may find... (by MikeyBoy)
by hamit
Find a specific string from line and match it to whole document

i have a text file which is about 1000 lines. as an example some of the first lines are given as bellow. CallllStarted_Cap900 10.160.159.37 32514 unid to 10...
[4 replies] Last: You are not keeping track of which lines have already been processsed.... (by cire)
Why the size of array "g1" is 6 after strcpy ? It should be 9

#include<iostream> #include<string.h> using namespace std; int main(){ char g1 = "hello"; char g2 = "12345678"; std::cout<<"g1 size Before...
[6 replies] Last: Great !!! Thanks a lot everyone for your responses. :) (by ngoyal1987)
c++ temperature

http://i.imgur.com/IXVvC8I.jpg I am supposed to do an assignment but does anyone have any clue about it? i'm rather new to programming if you guys could give m...
[2 replies] Last: does anyone have any clue about it? yeah sure i'm rather new to pro... (by Gamer2015)
by Ozzy69
how mod Of 5%47???

What The logic?
[2 replies] Last: simply put: 5 / 47 = 0 5 - 0*47 = 5 -> 5 % 47 = 5 (by Gamer2015)
How do i get my information from my array to cout in a block formation thanks

// // main.cpp // Final // Created by Shea Oswald on 5/13/15. // Copyright (c) 2015 Shea Oswald. All rights reserved. // #include <iostream> #inclu...
[2 replies] Last: Xcode Automatically copyrights ik its funny. And by block formation i ... (by Sheaoswald11)
Counting words in a String

#include<cstring> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int word=0; char sent ; cout<<"Enter a Sentence:\n"; fgets(sent,200,stdin); ...
[2 replies] Last: 1. Code tags. 2. http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ (by R23MJ)
5 Volts reaction in code

Hello everyone! I have a question. I have code for LED stripes and I want to make i trick with power. When I turn On power (5 Volts) I want to see working first...
[3 replies] Last: I ll pay for help. I lost interest on that line, thanks When button... (by Gamer2015)
Error between Switch and For

Sorry if there's anything wrong i'm new on this... I've spent two days trying to find a solution to this error, and i can't seem to find one; so i have to make ...
[4 replies] Last: So how do i fix it I already gave you the answer: https://www.google... (by admkrk)
Output a .txt file

How can I show the content of a txt file in the console, just as it is in the file? I mean, I've already tried line by line, but I need to have some spaces. ...
[2 replies] Last: THANKS! I really thank you! It worked! And it worked amazingly! I sho... (by Osej Alhasad)
May 2015 Pages: 12345... 22
  Archived months: [apr2015] [jun2015]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.