General C++ Programming - November 2012

by dfith
double free in quicksort

in main() (m is 5 and x is an array of random ints) Quick Q; Q.Build(x, m); int* x4...
[2 replies] Last: Just the pointer. Also, the same pointer is used for implementations o... (by dfith)
Pointers and Functions HELP!!!

I have this assignment: Your task is to create the special functions used by this routine, which a...
[2 replies] Last: I went in and changed my parameters to arg1 arg2 arg3 and it still did... (by akemikanegae)
Array SEGFAULT problems.

Hello everyone, I am programming a 3d terrain generator, and I use an array to store block informati...
[2 replies] Last: Wow. Why I didn't try that is beyond me. Been a long day. It worked! T... (by Major Tom)
Am I using structures properly? Find my error

I am doing a homework assignment where I have to make a structure. I followed the directions word f...
[5 replies] Last: Ahhhh solved. Had it flip-flopped; // TODO (Objective 3c): Initiali... (by Reynolds773)
by amyx
Changing brightness of a bulb

Essentially, in my program, I need to make a bulb change brightness according to user input. There a...
[7 replies] Last: Yes, that's correct. (by ajh32)
Placing Enemies/Objects on Tilemaps

While working on a tilemap editor I wondered how do professionals include enemies/larger objects int...
[1 reply] : Bump It doesn't have to be professionals, but I would really like to ... (by James2250)
Sorting Algorithm

I'm new to C++ and I'm trying to write a program that sorts a list of times so they're in the most c...
[1 reply] : The subject area is "scheduling", and a lot of work has been done in t... (by normvcr)
OpenCV cvPOSIT(...)

i call the posit algorithm of the opencv library like it is explained in the example on their websit...
[1 reply] : I suggest you look for an OpenCV forum or email list. ImagePoints must... (by normvcr)
Implementing an Insert method to create a sorted array

Hi I am working on assignment where we have to Insert integers into an IntSet in sorted order, I thi...
[5 replies] Last: I guess that might help, thanks a lot guys it works now (by marcopolo)
Encryption Algorithm: Can't seem to figure it out

So, I'm writing a new encryption algorithm to encrypt text by creating a number from text (password)...
[1 reply] : nevermind, I figured it out. (by IWishIKnew)
Non-Lvalue in assignment error

I'm getting this error in the ending function of my program. The purpose of the program is to conver...
[3 replies] Last: Nevermind I have fixed it. Thank you very much Athar! (by weirdonez)
Updating a variable

Alright guys I'm making a clock and i would like to update the seconds minutes and hours without hav...
[1 reply] : There are some other methods listed here if you don't want to use syst... (by James2250)
C++ gameOfLife Problem

hey guys i can't seem to find out what is wrong with this code, it would compile, but it won't switc...
[1 reply] : Your countLife function is wrong. You have to count the number of aliv... (by toum)
Setters and Getters Questions

bool operator<(const SubjectCode& c) const {(name) < (c.name);}
[2 replies] Last: You forgot the return instruction. (by toum)
Need help with program

I really need help with this, i have way to much to do and i am just lost on how to write this progr...
[no replies]
Showing minimum array index problem

This is part of my code which finds the "shortest" length out of an array. It can find the minimu...
[1 reply] : Try storing the actual index of the shortest rather than the shortest ... (by LB)
Bank line simulation

[no replies]
C++11 Random library usage in lambdas

Someone recently asked how to generate strings filled with random letters, so I suggested std::gene...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks, Cubbi. For anyone wondering what std::ref() does (since it ... (by Catfish3)
Calculator with sin, cos, tan, please help!!

Hi!!! I have to create a calculator with +,-,*,/, +/- ,clear, sin,cos,tan,mod. I have working +,...
[no replies]
problem with binary input

Hi! I'm trying to read a file byte per byte.The file contains "0000 0000 0101 0000..." the code i u...
[1 reply] : ok i identified the problem.it was really stupid and i'm glad nobody w... (by MasterAsh)
November 2012 Pages: 123... 51
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.