General C++ Programming - November 2012 (Page 51)

Creating a windows application

How can one make a GUI such as that of Skype, Spotify, or anything similar? I know how to program (at a decent level) in C++, but I've always wondered what kind...
[3 replies] Last: I would use Win32 if I was you, and OpenGL would certainly be good to ... (by Callum5042)
Repeated Declarations

Hi all! Just a curious question I know that the first parameter of a for loop only happens once e.g. for ( int i = 0; i < 10; i++ ) { blah blah ...
[5 replies] Last: Everything is subject to the "as if" rule. The observable behaviour of... (by JLBorges)
pass 2d array to function

I want to pass int x ; to function void something(???){ } what should i put on ??? part?
[3 replies] Last: There are two possibilities. Either to declare the parameter as refere... (by vlad from moscow)
Trouble Understanding Dynamic Memory

Title. I've been trying to understand this better, and it's... kind of working. In my example I've been working on: Gun *rifle = new Gun(); std::cout ...
[2 replies] Last: Ok! That makes a lot more sense then. I've always misunderstood it as ... (by closed account 3872Nwbp)
by rwtig
System() Can't Open File

Hi, I am trying to use system("...") to run an executable that takes a file as an input i.e. system("...\\folder\\executable picture.bmp"). When I run the exe...
[no replies]
Using SVD from numerical recipes?

Hi all, I am trying to use the function svdcmp from the numerical recipes book. See code below. I am actually trying to perform a least square fit on a very...
[no replies]
Object as Member Variable

I believe what I am trying to do is called a "Member Initialization List", but I can't seem to implement it correctly. I'm using Code::Blocks 10.05 with g++ 4.7...
[2 replies] Last: Oh you're kidding. I could've sworn I tried that. Oh well. Thanks. (by closed account 3872Nwbp)
Reading a csv file

If I have the following in a comma separated value file, how could I check the value of each row's second element? // example of my comma separated value fi...
[no replies]
simple coding question

I'm trying to figure out what this code means. Here's the code I'll explain : void CvMapGenerator::setPlotTypes(const int* paiPlotTypes) { CvPlot* pLoop...
[2 replies] Last: ok thank you... :-) (by AeonFlux1212)
Stack questions

I need to finish "int evaluate(string exp)" What am I missing to return the proper results? For example I need (((1+2)/3)*(6-4)) to return 2. //The evaluat...
[no replies]
Switch to If statement

This is a part of my program, that queries the user If they want to see the process of sorting numbers in order of highest to lowest. The program works but the ...
[no replies]
Is it possible to acces the data from an object of Class1 using a function from Class2?

The full question would be: Is it possible to acces the data from an object(or multiple objects) of Class1 using a function from Class2 that also needs to acce...
[no replies]
November 2012 Pages: 1... 495051
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.