General C++ Programming - November 2012 (Page 50)

Porting Win32

Is it anyway possible to port Win32 applications into Linux? The reason being is I have made a few applications in Win32 and I don't truly want to learn anot...
[1 reply] : Most Linux users eventually become familiar with Wine , a Windows com... (by Duthomhas)
Custom Iterator Object

I don't know if anyone has had any trouble with creating an iterator object to go hand-in-hand with data structures (stacks, queues, etc.), and I thought I woul...
[2 replies] Last: This actually started out when I first started to program with data st... (by Dwibble)
Intermediate GUI coding

Hello, can anyone point me in the right direction of how I can code objects that are more advanced than standard buttons, labels, etc. I do not need the othe...
[2 replies] Last: I have found RAD-c++ to be a very easy way to make them in c++. I tri... (by codeman)
Why doesn't this works?

Whenever I call that function again, b.is_clustered always returns to 0 even though it is changed to 1 in the function. What should I do to keep b.is_clustere...
[2 replies] Last: How do I do that? Edit: I found it on another website. Thanks! (by InDustWeTrust)
by Alx101
Cannot assign map to functions in another namespace

Hello, i am trying to create a map i which i can store functions that i will call later in another class, however i get an error when trying to assign anything ...
[2 replies] Last: I know, but i want to be able to assign functions from other classes t... (by Alx101)
wxTextCtrl

Fellow Programers, I was recently dwelling into C++ programming deeper than I have ever explored before. In my trials, I came across a GUI helper classes, known...
[2 replies] Last: thank you very much naraku9333; It works fine now :) (by Pheonix94)
by bat
help with old prog

Hello, I am trying to get an old C++ program to compile.... it uses bits of Motif so I'm doing it with MinGW/g++ in cygwin with X11 routines installed.... that ...
[5 replies] Last: The generating of warnings is clear because string lliterals have type... (by vlad from moscow)
How to read data into an array?

I have integers in a file, like: 324524 32452 213432 How do I read it into an array int number; input.open(inputfile.c_str() ); for(int x=0; x < 65000; x...
[1 reply] : #include <vector> #include <fstream> #include <iostream> int main() ... (by LB)
Creating new objects

I created a class called bunny. The bunny object contains info such as name, sex,color,age. Each piece of info is randomly created when the bunny is initialize...
[6 replies] Last: With the help of the above comment I figured out that srand was in the... (by Imgregorywong)
I need help with some Windows Functions.

I can not find any useful examples of FindWindow, GetNextWindow, MoveWindow, EnumWindows allong with FindWindowEX, EnumChildWindows... I don't know what ...
[1 reply] : Look here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms6... (by vlad from moscow)
by Fazura
Tim Sort Algorithm & c++ Algorithm ?

Can anybody put up a neat implementation of Tim Sort in C++ and if possible algorithm link too . I searched net but could not get any understable result .
[no replies]
Merge and Sort.

How do you Merge a list of numbers in two files and input them in a third file witch has them ordered from smallest to largest.. I haven't learned about vectors...
[4 replies] Last: I figured it out thank you i used if-else statements and boolean expre... (by insane24illusions)
compiler error.. Short code 8 lines.

My error is cannot convert double* to double for argument one to double standard_deviation(double int) .. not sure what it is? double standard_deviation( doub...
[2 replies] Last: I found it thank you.. (by insane24illusions)
by Oleks
Reading parameters from input file

Hi. I am trying to write a class that will be reading input parameters for the code from a text file. Let's say I have variables x,y,z somewhere in my code, ...
[no replies]
File Handling with LinkList in C++

PROBLEM : I am trying to write (binary writing) an object of Doubly Linked List onto File & write from it too. I have to write object's complete contents, then...
[3 replies] Last: That would simplify things. (by cire)
by lmd141
Read input file

Hi there, I'm currently trying to write a piece of code that reads input from a .txt file. Here is the code: void readconffile() { strin...
[1 reply] : !MASS is not an int that can be stored in dummyint? (by cire)
Help Please

I am having a problem writing this C++ funcion can you please help me with the question below Write a C++ function void triplets(void) which computes and out...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/ Please read this. (by Code Assassin)
Endless loop problem

I'm sure this is something simple I'm just not seeing. Any and all help is greatly appreciated. The endless loop is in the last function called playGame. ...
[5 replies] Last: [quote=johnnydiamond08]The endless loop is in the last function called... (by ne555)
I can't get my emulator to work.

Hello there, first of all I would just like to say I'm very new to c++, so please give me a break if some of my code isn't perfect. I've been trying to write a...
[no replies]
Odd Conditional Operator Bug

This is my first post so bear with me. What I'm trying to figure out is why "cout << (result.IntCheck() ? result.Float() : result ) << endl;" calls a constru...
[4 replies] Last: cppreference has an explanation of the conditional operator's return t... (by Cubbi)
November 2012 Pages: 1... 48495051
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.