General C++ Programming - November 2012 (Page 2)

simple text editor using doubly linked list adt

Hi everyone, this is the code i find on the internet about doubly linked list, i understand almost the code except void main(), can anyone explain for me the vo...
[2 replies] Last: col is an int defined globally at the top and it makes a really compil... (by Aramil of Elixia)
-1 -1 to exit

Hello all, I have been working on a program and had some help. I dont understand some of the coding now. The use of -1 -1 to exit seems to be the only thing ...
[no replies]
by butlej
Nested/While loops

I've never ever used loops before and I've been asked to create a programme where the user the user types in the time they want to take on their journey and the...
[no replies]
can you help me plz !!!

Hi , how are you all ? I have a Project to my University but I can't understand it, can any one help me plz to solve this project : ــــــــــــ...
[3 replies] Last: I assume you're exaggerating. After all, some bits are written in pla... (by MikeyBoy)
by amyx
How should I have solved this interesting problem?

Hello, recently, I was given this problem to solve. How should I have attempted it? Below is the problem and my thoughts to solving the problem: A security sy...
[4 replies] Last: You should be able to use the technique to reduce all rows except the ... (by kev82)
by DIL
program crashes.. anything wrong??

I made a program on Cramer's Rule but after taking input it just crashes ... Please Help if u can find out whats wrong with my code... #include<stdio.h> ...
[7 replies] Last: Thanks sir that was very helpful ... i fixed that problem you just poi... (by DIL)
C++ extensions

I was reading a book about C++ and it clearly states that windows is not case sensitive about .cpp or .CPP, but Unix and Linux are. Is it true that to make my...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=man gcc]file.c C source code that must be preprocessed. fil... (by ne555)
file problem

This is my create function in server program.It is receiving the object accurately cuz when I call show_details() it shows all the values correctly but is not w...
[2 replies] Last: sorry I didn't intended the code. account is a class that contains the... (by Pter0dactyl)
Please take a look. My first project

hey guys, this is my first post and i was wondering if you guys could take a look at the first c++ program i have written. all comments are welcome positive and...
[4 replies] Last: the project plays knots and crosses. the compiler is code::blocks the ... (by raghav4android)
multiple definition of `main'

Hi, I am working in topcoders arena an am getting the error Your code did not compile: errors linking: NameSort-stub.o(.text+0x750): In function `main...
[3 replies] Last: It worked.. Thanks... (by chauhanshiksha1)
Dev c++ compiler will compile but not run

Normally I use visual studio but recently found a tutorial I want to try that uses the Dev compiler. So I download from bloodshed and set up the hello world pro...
[5 replies] Last: no visual studios made a c++ compiler called visual studios (by Aramil of Elixia)
Infinite loop while printing the file contents

Hi, I have the below piece of code which reads a file line by line and prints the contents to another file. char finalLine ; ifstream inActive_pmc; inA...
[3 replies] Last: i dont know what it is but i was told it was better to use getline(inA... (by Aramil of Elixia)
by Wasps
Merging bytes.

Hi! I'm creating program, that gets bytes from server. I store them in array. When they are printed out 1 by 1, it shows line of unreadable simbols. So...
[4 replies] Last: i think it's about character set. before you can actually print out s... (by coder777)
by sabi20
working with C-Strings

what is wrong with this input validation loop. Once it goes in the if statement it doesent come out. int t = 0; while(chWord != '\0') { if(!isalpha...
[7 replies] Last: would it be simpler to do this input validation if the word was a str... (by ajh32)
how to add to the frequency of a word in a binary search tree

i want to be able to add to the frequency of a word in a text file. But as the function i have below finds a function i want it to add to the frequency each tim...
[1 reply] : Is the statement (in bold font) in proper logic? while(!found && te... (by tgiec)
by tomz6
Fastest/efficient library for (2D) graphical application in C++?

Hi all, I need to make a windows application nothing fancy - just simple menu etc. However, I also need to be able to draw pixel colors to the screen (per...
[5 replies] Last: GDI+ is windows native and efficient enough for this work. Open GL and... (by majidkamali1370)
by wiser
calling 2 arrays into function and returning multiple values back to main

The raw data consists of a set of points, each with two measured coordinate values. For example, one could measure the temperature and humidity at intervals thr...
[1 reply] : You can pass values from a function back up to the calling code as fun... (by MikeyBoy)
by areej
can you helpp me plz22

2. Write a C++ program that reads in the side of a square and prints the square out of asterisks. Your program should work for square of all sizes between 1 and...
[3 replies] Last: HellfireXP (35) mrs thanke you so so mauch i am very happy and i seen... (by areej)
by areej
can you helpp me plz !

1. Write a C++ program that converts uppercase letters to their corresponding telephone digits . The program should reads the letter 'A' through 'Z' and print t...
[8 replies] Last: thankes for all i very happy cuz that thankes agin (by areej)
Sockets and networking

I have looked for a few hours but i cant seem to find any useful tutorials on sockets and very few on networking (mostly useless short ones), maybe im searching...
[no replies]
November 2012 Pages: 1234... 51
  Archived months: [oct2012] [dec2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.