General C++ Programming - November 2019 (Page 8)

What am I doing wrong with this inheritance

#include <iostream> using namespace std; class Teacher { public: Teacher() { cout << "Hey Guys, I am a teacher" << endl; } string collegeName = "...
[4 replies] Last: You shouldn't duplicate mainSub and name in the derived classes. #i... (by dutch)
Is this a function?

bool isValidPassword(string pass) { return pass.length()>=8; }
[4 replies] Last: Sure, why do you ask? #include <iostream> #include <string> using na... (by lastchance)
CURL giving me an error( SSH error ?)

ey guys I'm playing around with CURL,trying to download an image from a url but I am getting an error, the error I get is as follows, error SSL peer certifi...
[3 replies] Last: Right, the certificate is needed for actually making a secure HTTPS co... (by Ganado)
Errors by access on extern declared vector

Dear Community, I have a Problem to get access to a extern Variable. This is my Situation: I'm defined a vector about a self written class: #ifndef Data...
[6 replies] Last: Oh dear, I'm too rubbisch. The difficult things are all clear to this ... (by Mungo1981)
Stuck on User-Defined Functions

Hello! I am stuck on how to write a code. I have search my textbooks, googled, stared at it, all I understand is somewhere there needs to be an "if" function. ...
[8 replies] Last: @whitenite1 Thanks! That makes sense! @ everyone else: Well for some... (by JayCindy)
Modify a text file's name

How can I add some words when opening a new text file with the name based on the old text file? For instance: My input file is "player.txt" and I want ...
[2 replies] Last: This is what std::filesystem is for, but you could just use standard s... (by Duthomhas)
by helios
creating an operating system (1,2)

https://github.com/torvalds/linux
[20 replies] Last: [quote=helios]It's a shame nobody ever asks how to program a manned sp... (by George P)
Need help for homework!!

I'm trying to read the name and the scores from an input file. This is my code: struct Performer { string name; double scores ; double final; ...
[1 reply] : duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/264795/ (by George P)
Need help for code. I'm stuck

I couldn't read the file from a text completely. Can someone help me out? My code is like this: Performer* readPerfData(string filename, int &n) { co...
[6 replies] Last: duplicate post: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/264836/ (by George P)
Overload stream operator.

Having trouble figuring out how to overload the stream operator for this case in my assignment. What am I'm doing incorrectly? //OVERLOADING THE INSERTION OPE...
[3 replies] Last: In "Rectangle.cpp", not "Rectangle.h": std::ostream& operator <<(std... (by George P)
by PacR
Need help with program.

Hello this is a program that finds player id's inside npc_heroes.txt file and prints them out. Im having problems my program stops after finding few player id's...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you dhayden for your answer line 36 fix worked!!! (by PacR)
Dynamically creating an array of Ints

Im supposed to write code that will dynamically create an array of ints. The size of the array should be determined by the number the user enters. Therefore, yo...
[5 replies] Last: @Aneiron, Since C++11 array is the name of a new STL container, std:... (by George P)
November 2019 Pages: 1... 678
  Archived months: [oct2019] [dec2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.