General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 11)

VPN

Hello, does anyone have good tutorial on how to create my own VPN app such as hamachi or garena (this one is better..) or something like that? so he wil lconn...
[no replies]
by Azuki
Why can I retrieve array which I have initialized in the same class?

I have initialized nM (an array of MagicNumber type) in the GuessMachine constructor using the setter in the MagicNumber, but when I refer to the array, it seem...
[1 reply] : In the constructor on line 4 you create a new array called nM. That is... (by Peter87)
General Multithreading Question

I have worked on multithreading (in Qt) but i lack an in-depth knowledge. I think that the run-time never duplicates an execution code. A function will remain i...
[4 replies] Last: alright ! thanks. (by ustulation)
Help with Japanese characters !!

Hello, im trying to use some japanese characters on 1 of my application, and if i go personally to the richedit and type down i have no problem with the system ...
[5 replies] Last: We need more info! A code fragment? Details about the warning? And?? ... (by andywestken)
Strange problem in C++

Hi. I created a program that creates a file and does not show anything in console. Program runs without errors but shows something in the console. What's the...
[6 replies] Last: oops ;) Thank you. Problem solved. (by majidkamali1370)
simple math code question

This is a homework question trying to create a program that prints out 3.0 * 5.0 ------ 15.00 Could you please tell me what is wrong #incl...
[2 replies] Last: #include <iostream> using namespace std; #include <iomanip> int mai... (by gtkano)
Help with proritized sorting

Hello, I would like to use sorted stl container with particular sorting policy: Element of the container is composed of several prioritized sub elements and the...
[4 replies] Last: Yeah thanks for the answer but for recursive definitiion of the policy... (by mp3butcher)
[std::set] lambda as less predicate

Why this doesn't work? auto less_fun = (const Pair& l, const Pair& r)->bool{ return l.second < r.second; }; std::set<Pair, less_fun> sn; o...
[7 replies] Last: > The sizeof operator does not evaluate expressions. Yes, it does not... (by JLBorges)
Program keeps crashing

Hello everyone! I'm having a bit of a problem with one of the classes I'm making. Here is my current code: void sequence::insert(const value_type& entry...
[8 replies] Last: I got it to work. I changed the for loop to this for(size_type i = ... (by TehBlue)
Problem Dealing Damage

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// // Program: un-named-game.cpp // Description: this program will send out a creature // and b...
[4 replies] Last: It seemed like it ran fine. Whats wrong? (by pogrady)
why do we use .F when we assign a float variable?

why do we use .F when we assign a float variable?. cant we do it without putting the .F? e.g. float t = 10.5F ; what does this F mean?
[1 reply] : Heres a old thread about this http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/... (by Angeljruiz)
Stumped! PLINKO!

Upon encountering a peg, a chip has a 50/50 chance of going left or right. During simulation, I need to report the location of the chip as it falls so like for...
[6 replies] Last: You shouldnt get people to do your homework for you. Atleast code it a... (by Angeljruiz)
C++ ADT incorrect output

Hello, in my program, my output in the summary section is incorrect and was wondering if I could get any pointers on which direction I should head? Basically, t...
[no replies]
Design approaches - 2D vector class functionality implemented by containing a 3D vector class object

Hello world! Working on some college-assignments, I've come to the point where I have a decent sized Vector3D class. I recently had to work on 2D, and thought ...
[6 replies] Last: Thanks for the feedback, ideas and help guys...much appreciated. I wen... (by darthvader4ever)
by ToniAz
Linear Algebra in C++

Hello everyone! I've been working on a project recently, and it's going smoothly, I hope I can finish everything by the next month :D My question: I want ...
[1 reply] : if you just need a few very basic linear algebra operations i suggest ... (by AleaIactaEst)
Use of static members of base class in inherited classes

Hi, I am looking for a little input on the following code structure. I have 3 classes: A,B,C. Class A is the base class, whereas classes B and C inherit from...
[1 reply] : Hi tbalestri, if you're using inheritance, you automatically have acc... (by AleaIactaEst)
by mono
Debug assertion fail!

Iam getting this error msg Debug assertion Failed! program: c:\users\blablabla Expresion:_BLOCK_TYPE_IS_VALID(pHead->nBlockUse) For informati...
[7 replies] Last: In your code, it is possible for the member used to be equal to cap... (by cire)
Problem aligning text.

Hey everyone, I'm fairly new at C++, and I'm sure this is a simple error but I'd really appreciate some help. Here's my code : cout<<fixed<<showpoint; cout<<s...
[1 reply] : Try this: cout << fixed <<showpoint<<setprecision(2); cout << setw(... (by blueberry)
Output Strings don't match but they do

I am working on a c++ project on the g++ compiler for linux. The goal is to create a phone directory with entries composed of first name, last name, and phon...
[2 replies] Last: Agh! now I feel really stupid... that would totally be where the new ... (by HaraiSuru)
Free On-line Class: Advanced C++

I am creating a series of video sessions to demonstrate medium-to-advanced C++ programming techniques that I've learned over the years. Lot's of the ideas came ...
[no replies]
September 2012 Pages: 1... 910111213... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.