General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 10)

extra characters getting transferred while doing file transfer using sockets

I am transferring a file from client to server using C++ socket programming on linux. I have successfully transferred the file. The only problem is some extra c...
[7 replies] Last: ohk.. (by aditi88)
by Telion
Thread Pool Issues

I'm working on a thread pool library for personal use. It creates a static number of threads and then accepts tasks: nullary function objects that return anyth...
[2 replies] Last: It never occurred to me to count the number of active tasks. That cou... (by Telion)
Sum of digits of Three Digit Numbers

So I'm new around here (really new in-fact!) and am completely stuck on a problem on my homework. I'm new to programming too so don't judge. This is the p...
[2 replies] Last: You are asking if a number that has 3 digits or three seperate numbers... (by pogrady)
Vectors

done
[3 replies] Last: It's a pretty simple fix. Change the control expression of the loop(s... (by cire)
2d array to and from external file

Hello all! After many hours...I think I finally understand a hw problem. However I am having two issues..one is minor. Assignment: treat an image file as a...
[1 reply] : QuadTree(int imageData , int width, int height) is what you're look... (by helios)
Help with program, converting array stack into vector stack

Hello everyone, so a while back I wrote this program that solves post-fix expressions using stack arrays. the program works fine as it should have, but now I wa...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, I managed to figured it out, it was simpler that I original... (by lugiamaster)
NEED HELP!!!

I am new to programming and I have to write a function string middle (string str) that returns a string containing the middle character in str if the length of ...
[3 replies] Last: Place function header here MAIN call the function FUNCTION usin... (by Need4Sleep)
operator= from class to some other type

I have a simple question, to which I couldn't find a direct answer. If I have a class: template <typename T> class myClass { T x; }; Ho...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks a lot, man! That's exactly what I was looking for :) Cheers! (by TheDestroyer)
by wynnf4
I NEED HELP

Im fairly new to programming and im not sure what im doing wrong? No matter what input i use it always says incorrect. #include <iostream> using namespace...
[4 replies] Last: it didnt fix it. it still only says incorrect (by wynnf4)
by beakie
Qt - Unresolved externals, again, again

Getting unresolved externals for a basic example of opengl i found online? Code and include file descriptions attached... #include "stdafx.h" #include...
[4 replies] Last: @guestgulkan Thanks man, that worked for me too! (by beakie)
Triangles.

Hello, i have i homework assignment where is need to make this programm. I have coordinates(They can be anything you like) for two different triangles(It can ...
[8 replies] Last: No my lecturer at university definetly has not given me anything that... (by Emerican)
operator overloading

Hi.Here's my code: #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { int c = 0; cout <<c = 0<< ','<<c==0<< endl; cin.get(); return ...
[14 replies] Last: No. int is 32 bits on many 64-bit compilers. (by Peter87)
Random Numbers

// Includes #include "stdafx.h" #include <iostream> #include <cstdlib> #include <ctime> using namespace std; // Main Function int main() { srand(...
[4 replies] Last: Nevermind, fixed the warning, all i had to do was make it srand((unsig... (by Reaper1)
Implement Negascout with stack

I have added an AI routine to a game I am working on using the Negascout algorithm. It works great, but when I set a higher maximum depth it can take a few s...
[1 reply] : I have come up with a solution and posted the code here: http://game... (by notamonopoly)
Question about ports

Hello fellow programmers, I'm working on an application to intercept any connection made through the internet. Currently, I'm experimenting with firefox and...
[3 replies] Last: Right, I was already suspecting those ports might be local ports, but ... (by magnificence7)
Need help with c++

I am new to programming and I have a hard time writing some programs. I am currently stuck at this point. I will post the code that I currently have. This pr...
[3 replies] Last: You're very welcome. You were 95% there anyway. Good going! (by aztech)
Starting to understand pointers, just need a few clarifications

So I have recently been investing a bit of time in understanding pointers since they are a joy to my life. I have the basic idea of them and understand how they...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you guys so much (by VladTeppi)
How to check if a file exist or not

Hello, On the very end of my program, I have a code to close a temporary file("destinationFile.txt"), delete the present "OutputFile.txt" and then rename the t...
[12 replies] Last: @ Aramil: because fstream can fail for reasons other than the file no... (by Disch)
How do I get this program to work?

I am still new to C++ I am writing a code that will find the area of a pyramid Could you please help me understand why this program is not working? #inclu...
[10 replies] Last: its cout.fixed abnd cout.setprecision(2) : they are data members of th... (by Aramil of Elixia)
problem to lounge a program

//This program display the minimum and the maximum of 6 numbers #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { short int number, min=65535,max=0,...
[4 replies] Last: There is no need to set the values of min & max to any magic number i... (by cire)
September 2012 Pages: 1... 89101112... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.