General C++ Programming - September 2012 (Page 9)

No matching function for call to error

Here is my coding: factory.cpp #include "factory.h" #include <algorithm> #include <iostream> using namespace std; Factory::Factory () : nu...
[1 reply] : Here is the function declaration void Factory::orderItems (Item* item... (by vlad from moscow)
Increments with overloaded operators

I have a class called Date that accepts three integers: day, month, and year, which are validated (no months with more than 31 days, Feb can have 29 days on a l...
[10 replies] Last: Whoops again. Missed that one. Thanks, Disch. (by AdamBomb89)
VGA Register values for int 10 mode 00-13h?

Anybody knows to what the VGA register values are set for ALL (00h-13h) video modes (c++ lookup table if possible? Containing all register values (byte) for all...
[6 replies] Last: @Duoas, it seems you're right. I hope Turbo Pascal 6.0 still works und... (by superfury)
80186 emulator debug error

I've build a simple 80(1)86 emulator, but it seems to have some difficulties. I've tested the jump1.bin&jump2.bin (See http://superfury.heliohost.org/cplusplus/...
[no replies]
Visual C++ Compile Error

Every time I try to compile this very very simple code #include <iostream> using namespace std; int main() { cout << "Hello World!" << endl; r...
[2 replies] Last: Yeah, modoran is right. Your code is fine. Te problem is in your proje... (by NanoBytes)
Multiple Arguments with Default Argument

cout << "Hi everyone!" << endl; // :) I want to use multiple arguments with default arguments together in a same function, can i do this? because both needs ...
[2 replies] Last: Tnhx for the answer. I ll try.. (by hellraiser)
by li jun
the copy constructor's running

When I run this program, some thing happen that I can't understand, especially this sentence: Person s=fun(p) in the main function, please tell me the details o...
[4 replies] Last: Person s=fun(p) calls the copy constructor and not the copy assignme... (by clanmjc)
interesting!

Hello. suppose I have a declaration: char *s=""; Now the statement: cout << !(*s); couts 1(true);while cout << *s; prints nothing;Not even 0(f...
[10 replies] Last: влад! Please always posts in english.Google translator is not a go... (by hooshdar3)
MinusMinus

Hi. having a definition: char *s="74\11203"; what does cout << s-- << endl; do?Thanks in advance!
[2 replies] Last: Decrementing the pointer doesn't result in undefined behavior. Thinki... (by cire)
issue with simple inheritance

Why doesn't this work???? #include <iostream> using namespace std; class xyz{ int x; public: xyz(int y) { x=y; cout<<"c...
[2 replies] Last: To expound further, the compiler cannot generate a default constructor... (by cire)
Unresolved Overloaded Function Type

Here's my class: class Animation { std::list<AnimationFrame> frame; AnimationFrame currentFrame; void CheckFrames(); public: void ...
[1 reply] : You shall write sf::Sprite newfly = logfly.Output () ; (by vlad from moscow)
C++ search, delete/undelete, update functions

//------------------------------------------------------------------------------ #include <cstdlib> #include <iostream> #include <iomanip> #include <co...
[1 reply] : Your search function doesn't return immediately. It (recursively) cal... (by cire)
Tutorial

This example didn't work for me in the sites tutorial. When I debugged it, it would say: Please enter an integer value: I would enter an integer, press return...
[4 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1988/ Read this, which is s... (by TheIdeasMan)
std::binomial_distribution

I don't know what binomial numbers are, and can't get straight answer using google except some maths formulas witch i don't understand. So i think, for me its b...
[2 replies] Last: That's the answer i was looking for. Straight and simple to understand... (by morando)
enumerations

Hi. suppose I have these definitions: enum flower{violet, linda, mina}; flower f; what is wrong with the instruction f=3 ?Thanks in a...
[3 replies] Last: Thank you all. (by hooshdar3)
How socket, port and bind() behave?

I have some questions about C++ socket programming(Linux). please help to dig deep 1.Are there one file descriptor per each port in OS level. 2.How do multi...
[1 reply] : Those are loaded questions and you're better off starting with some ba... (by soranz)
How to show large icons in Qt QTreeWidget?

Hi, I want to show large icons on items of type QTreeWidgetItem added to the QTreeWidget object. When I try creating a sample in Qt Designer , it easily sho...
[no replies]
Someone please help! Another program

I have posted the paramaters of this problem. I have everyting working except for the part where the program has to only output 4 factors per line. I have worke...
[1 reply] : You are going pretty well. your for loop has no curly graces and your ... (by buffbill)
by li jun
some questions of complex

Please read this program When I run this program, I find that the result of the sentence:a=*p+*++p is out of my expectation, I think the result is that a.real...
[2 replies] Last: a=*p+*++p The result of this expression is undefined. To make it defi... (by helios)
Seating Assignment Problem

Hey all. I have been going crazy these past few days trying to figure out this seating assignment problem and was wondering if someone could help me. Instruc...
[no replies]
September 2012 Pages: 1... 7891011... 32
  Archived months: [aug2012] [oct2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.