General C++ Programming - September 2017

loop

void math(array ) { for (int i = -10; i > 10; i++) { cout << array ; } }
[3 replies] Last: What if one of the array elements is null? (by Peter87)
How to use Github

Hi, I've visited that site and I should say it looks very sophisticated and complicated to me. The newcomer doesn't know how and where to start taking advant...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you. I have a gui app that incidentally if I can publish it on ... (by Frank14)
I have a problem and require assistance

So I'm trying to make a banking project and I have the user deposit or withdraw, I tried looping it so if they want to continue, they can choose to deposit or w...
[1 reply] : The code only asks if the person wants to deposit or withdraw outside ... (by wildblue)
Homework Help

My assignment is to read a file, skipping the first two lines, and given three commands START, DATA, and STOP, I must calculate total distance traveled and the ...
[4 replies] Last: You think to complicated. How about this: while (in >> command) ... (by coder777)
by sry90
hangman game direction?

Hi, everyone, this is my first time posting here, so I apologize if I get the formatting completely wrong. I have to write the hangman game for a homework as...
[1 reply] : I think you should first forget about the code and write down in plain... (by Thomas1965)
Changing The format of a date

I need help with changing the format of a date like this (1/1/2008) to Jan 1, 2008 and 01/01/2008. In my code I have a two functions for the class called dat...
[2 replies] Last: Let std::strftime do the heavy lifting. http://en.cppreference.com/w... (by JLBorges)
trying to figure out why my function isnt working

So ive been working on this for a couple of hours and i hit a couple speed bumps but nothing major. when i got to the " string calculateLetterGrade" i thought i...
[7 replies] Last: Yeah just noticed your reply. Im new to programming and we were taught... (by Fillip F)
Use an array to call a defined variable

I had managed to get a variable to print out a #defined definition, but than I accidentally deleted the code and can not figure it out. I am hoping that someone...
[6 replies] Last: Ok thanks I will look into that. (by TheMips)
Displaying most and least common letters

Hello, I have to display the most and least alphabetic character from a file. I decided to break the program into pieces so I could understand each process ...
[2 replies] Last: To the computer, letters are just numbers. cout << (int) 'a' << " " <... (by newbieg)
Slow matrix multiplication

Hi there I was just trying my matrix class to perform a 1000x1000 matrices multiplication, and I have observed that the command C=A*B runs is TREMENDOUSLY slow ...
[19 replies] Last: If you just want results, that eigen looks like a very good option. ... (by jonnin)
Text File Matrix into 2d Vectors

its done no need
[1 reply] : Use getline(...) in the first loop and stringstream in the second: s... (by coder777)
How would I implement coordinates and moving through the maze after user selects starting location?

Alright so I've been making some good progress with the program I am working on and wanted to know how would I set up the coordinates the maze can be solved onc...
[1 reply] : Please use code tags: [co de] Your code [/co de] Read this: http://w... (by coder777)
problem with my code

hey guys!
[2 replies] Last: Thanks bro!! Saved my life (by haddaauk)
Code keep getting exception thrown error.

been trying to run this code which i had some help cleaning up but now it wont run at all and i keep having this "exception thrown" error. the error that com...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks alot i was so confused why it wasn't running it anymore was ge... (by Fillip F)
Connection between 2 programs

Hi there, i'm new. There are a way to connect 2 programs without sockets. this 2 programs run in the same machine, so is possible? Thanks
[3 replies] Last: http://beej.us/guide/bgipc/output/html/multipage/pipes.html (by JLBorges)
Interest coding program?

I was giving the task to make a program with these instructions: Use cmath with the pow function to find the amount when $ 1000 is deposited at 2% compounded ...
[5 replies] Last: A is what you're calculating - I'd think you'd want to output each of ... (by wildblue)
Need help with my code

I need help with my code but I don't want to make it public, My loop is not ending and I need to figure out a way to change or add something to my program that ...
[3 replies] Last: @Abstraction - Yep, I sure am, thank you for letting me know. I didnt ... (by kenandcrys)
demo error code using unique_lock

// condition_variable example #include <iostream> // std::cout #include <thread> // std::thread #include <mutex> // std::m...
[3 replies] Last: > std::unique_lock<std::mutex> lck(mtx); This statement will lock t... (by JLBorges)
Timing in C++

Hi all, In section 26.6.1 (Timing) Stroustrup in its book ( Programming Principles And Practice Using C++ 2nd Edition May 2014 ) declare this code: #include ...
[5 replies] Last: My guess is it's #included in a Stroustrups facilities-library-type fi... (by closed account 48T7M4Gy)
Programming Error C++

Problem: This program will create a number translation class which will be used for writing checks. Design a class called Numbers that can be used to translate ...
[10 replies] Last: 1.Severity Code Description Project File Line Suppression State Error... (by jlb)
September 2017 Pages: 123... 11
  Archived months: [aug2017] [oct2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.