General C++ Programming - October 2017

Vector iterator

Hi guys, I have a question about vector iterators. Maybe it's should be in a beginner thread, if yes I'm so sorry about that. I looking at the std::find_if fun...
[2 replies] Last: OMG .. shame on me.. ty for this quick answer (by Tony321)
by PG1
Help needed : getting LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "void_cdecl ..." error

Thank you everyone. We were able to progress. However I am unable to append file. I put the app while opening the filing but it is not happening still. Actua...
[3 replies] Last: Another error, on several lines (throughout the program): The logical... (by Chervil)
Saddle point- Class - Garbage value

Ques. To find saddle point of the matrix using classes Doubt. The function display giving garbage value of the contents of matrix. Why? Code : #include<iost...
[3 replies] Last: if that the case then all you need to do is not create a new variable ... (by closed account SECMoG1T)
Concepts online implementation

Have C++ concepts been implemented by any online compilers? If so, which one(s) and where can I find syntax details? Thanks.
[2 replies] Last: As noted in http://en.cppreference.com/w/cpp/language/constraints , Th... (by Cubbi)
Is there any function to see all member varibales and functions of a library class in C++

Hi ppl :) Is there any way to print available member variables and functions for C++ inbuilt classes, like string and vector. Something like dir(str) in p...
[4 replies] Last: Reference documentation for C++ Standard Library is a very good thing.... (by keskiverto)
static parseint

The program I am doing has to have a static parseInt(const string& s)in it I have tried different ways to do this but nothing work I get errors our teacher ga...
[3 replies] Last: a string is made up of characters. so if the user types in 1234 it is... (by jonnin)
Structure program not running correctly

Hey, have a assignment due tomorrow and i cant get my program to work the assignment is Define a structure called Class with name (string), units (int) and ...
[2 replies] Last: Is there a question in there somewhere? ... and i cant get my progra... (by doug4)
by bst
classes

nnk
[1 reply] : Please note that this is not a homework site. We won't do your homewor... (by keskiverto)
Linux SIGALRM

HELLOW, I need to do a program in c ++ under linux: alling the alarm function (sec) will bring the SIGALRM signal to the ordering party after a second. A pro...
[3 replies] Last: alarm() raises a software interrupt, or signal. You must install a si... (by kbw)
Error message

I am having a problem with one of my class excercises it is the last one I have to do. I get the message c2440 '?':cannot convert from 'overloaded-function'to '...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks (by comp121)
Not sure why this isn't reading from a file correctly

#include <iostream> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <sstream> using namespace std; class Inventory { private: string desc; // Description in...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you @Chervil! Thanks for letting me know what was wrong with it,... (by verdantgale)
reading 3 lines each time froma file

Hi, i have a file with 44 LINES, the content is: AAAAAAAAAAAAA 1111111111111 2222222222222 77777F7777777 FFFFFFFFFFFFF VVVVVVVVVVVVV XXXXXXXXXXXXX W...
[4 replies] Last: Keskiverto is 100% correct but I thought I'd add a little more detail.... (by SamuelAdams)
How to do numpy's dtype?

From what I've seen floats and doubles have different levels of precision based on what computer you run/compile it on. I've also seen numpy's dtype. An example...
[3 replies] Last: Numpy is open source, is it not? Therefore, you can download and read ... (by keskiverto)
Help with printing out indices of array!

Basically what I'm trying to do is create a search function that takes 1 parameter of type T, as the value the user is looking for in the SearchArray. I have co...
[1 reply] : index is not initialized. (by ne555)
PPP2 Chapter 19 Exercise 5 - Class Int

Exercise specifications: Define a class Int having a single member of class int . Define construc- tors, assignment, and operators + , – , * , / for it. Test...
[10 replies] Last: > What do I do to fix this? For the two ways in which this can be fi... (by JLBorges)
user-defined manipulator: Format

Stroustrup ["The C++ Programming Language, 4th Ed", pp 1097-1098] has provided an example of an interesting user-defined manipulator represented by the Format c...
[9 replies] Last: That the type itself (the user-defined manipulator) can be reused over... (by JLBorges)
Files in c++

Hi guys, I want to make a programme in which I want the programme to read from the file edit it using classes plz help thanx
[1 reply] : What have you done so far? What, specifically, are you having trouble... (by MikeyBoy)
I need help with the total.

Hey, guys I need help trying to total these three columns individually. Thank you. #include<iostream> #include<cmath> #include<iomanip> using nam...
[1 reply] : duplicate: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/223524/ Don't do ... (by TheIdeasMan)
OOP

///
[3 replies] Last: int numberCourseworks = 0; Module *module = new Module("<< OO Program... (by TheIdeasMan)
Find length of every word.

While bored of DBs and Oracle started practicing C++. Here is the problem: It's requested, they want me to create a char array, fill it with words (doesn't ...
[4 replies] Last: > accessing char arrays using loops seems to be the best way in c++ U... (by JLBorges)
October 2017 Pages: 123... 16
  Archived months: [sep2017] [nov2017]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.