How'd Trick or Treating Go?

Pages: 1234... 9
@Disch
But... but... people who have grown past their childhoods can be cute too! Just look at her:
http://admin.ap-red.com/resources/articles/10001mgid-uma-video-mtv.jpg
Isn't she cute?

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not non-children should be trick-or-treating.

-Albatross
@Disch I feel the same way. If they look older than like 13 I won't answer the door they can buy their own candy.
Lumpkin wrote:
I will trick or treat till I'm a senior.

Hate to break it to you... but you've got 2... maybe 3 more times left. After that the only trick or treating you'll be doing is either being the one handing out the candy, or walking with your kids to get them candy. In either case the candy is not going to you.

And if you do decide to go trick-or-treating when you're in your mid/late teens, then IMO you're either too oblivious to see that what you're doing is scumbag behavior... or you're so self-centered that getting free candy is more important to you than not being a scumbag. Either case does not speak well for you.

Old enough to drive = way too old to be going door to door expecting free stuff.

Granted you might not be quite there yet.... but you'll be there soon.

Albatross wrote:
But... but... people who have grown past their childhoods can be cute too! Just look at her:

Yeah... There's no denying that Betty White is absolutely adorable.

We'll have to agree to disagree on whether or not non-children should be trick-or-treating.

I guess so.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
[joke]I guess you're right. I'll just have to whip out eggs... [/joke]
Last edited on
Lol.

I did you go trick or treating?
I'm 21. I went trick or treating for parties. Find a party, show up, say "trick or treat" and hold up a case of brew.
So you went to parties without being invited?
Cheraphy wrote:
I'm 21. I went trick or treating for parties. Find a party, show up, say "trick or treat" and hold up a case of brew.
Plus one to that. Halloween was so awesome there are significant portions of the night that I don't remember.
Haloween's turned into one insane party for me. Although I sort of miss the candy.

EDIT:
Lumpkin wrote:
So you went to parties without being invited?
If you bring beer with you, you're generally welcome into parties (at least around where I'm from). Or if you have boobs, especially if you have boobs.
Last edited on
Or if you have boobs, especially if you have boobs.

Ahhh misogyny
So all fat people are welcome to his parties ;P
I do not discriminate. All people are welcome to my parties. If I threw parties. I've only recently started enjoying that scene.
I was refering to thumper. I should have rephrased to "uninvited."
Last edited on
Cheraphy wrote:
"Or if you have boobs, especially if you have boobs."
Ahhh misogyny

That's not exactly misogynystic, is it? It's sexist, that's for sure, but I would think that misogyny would be more along the lines of being turned away from a party (or being harassed in one) even if you have beer because you have boobs.

-Albatross
Last edited on
Durr. Brainfart. Used the wrong word. You are correct Albatrossaru
It's sexist indeed, but it's completely true. Boobs get special treatment, lol. I party with my fraternity a lot. I personally have no problem with bros coming around and partying, I'm just way more willing to let women come and drink my alcohol because lets face it, there's already quite a few guys there at the beginning of the night.
But that's not to say that I turn away every guy that comes around. If a dude shows up with a case of beer to play beer pong with, I sure as hell will let him in. It's the case contribution that makes me more willing to share my stash with him once he runs out.
Last edited on
Please don't turn this into another "is it just me" thread.
Back on the original topic, though.
I've got some fond memories of Halloween. It's my parents' anniversary, so we always went hard on Halloween. Decorations and costumes and such to enjoy the day. Was a nice time to spend with the family.
Thumper, do you have a big dinner or whatever?

I still can't believe you guys refuse to trick or treat.

@lumpkin/fredbill, you kind of grow out of it when you get bored of spending half your incoming wages on sweets alone, thats why we drink.

I enjoy a good 'no fat people party'

-Devonrevenge
Last edited on
Pages: 1234... 9