How'd Trick or Treating Go?

Pages: 1... 6789
@BHXSpecter
Then maybe you should take a different approach to getting him to change his actions? Smacks on the hands clearly aren't working.

EDIT: Anyway, I have some research to do.

-Albatross
Last edited on
closed account (jwkNwA7f)
Yeah, maybe u should try giving me pumpkin pie and see if that works.

This has made me really want pumpkin pie. After I go, I'm going to see if my Grandma can make me one :D.

Note: I posted the last post on the previous page, in case no one notices since we are on this page now.
closed account (N36fSL3A)
@Everyone I already said I was wrong for what I've done. What really opened my eyes on I was doing something wrong was when Disch got angry. He never got so angry before, so that's when I realized. He's pretty level-headed.

Vandalism and Theft is not right nor ever will be.

Maybe I was back-pedaling a bit.

So jonhy and retsgorf297, thanks for defending me, but in the end I was wrong.

but actually there was nothing wrong with the posts that were reported.
Besides the last one that actually got crossed the line and got me banned. But that's another story.

----------

I don't think DTSCode has ever put words in my mouth before. He usually reads everything posted carefully. If he ever gets something wrong, he'll admit it was an honest mistake.

@Albatross

I'm not encouraging him. What he did was wrong and I think he knows it(if he doesn't than something is defenitily wrong with him). What I'm saying is I'm 12, he is 12 and retsgorf is 13. We are all sticking with him because we are the ones who are like him, we are the ones who can better understand what he did. It's wrong, yes, but I think you are all missing one thing. The saying isn't:

Threat or we go away

It is

Trick or Threat?

So if people don't give up candy, sure trowing eggs is off the tabble (at least for me) but they got to be expecting something
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
sorry alBatross. I thought u had said you werent in your welcome back thread. This is my last post on this thread. Im tired of a bunch of half assed arguments from 13 year olds with crappy defenses who are upset that no one will agree with them and have decided to call it attacking
Who you know what makes me sick about you "grown ups"? It's that lumpkin did something wrong and you all go ganging him. We stick up to him because althought what he did was wrong you aren't beeing less of kid than he was. You are all ganging him because you haven't got the guts to admit that it's normal for a kid of his age to do this and you did it to when you were his age. So if you're going to leave the thread because "a bunch of half assed 13 year olds" are upset then you're the biggest kid in this forum
I don't think DTSCode has ever put words in my mouth before. He usually reads everything posted carefully. If he ever gets something wrong, he'll admit it was an honest mistake.

Well, he has with me.
I am leaving this thread now because I have not gotten any work done today.
You know one thing? I just realized the reason this thread is the way it is, it's because we're 13. If Disch or any of the others did exactly the same thing, not even one of you would have the balls to gang him up like you ganged Lumpkin.

And just so I follow the crowd. I'm leaving the thread as well because it's already excevelly stupid
@Albatross
Yeah, I suppose you are right.

jonhy31 wrote:
You're ganging him up. You've all done it when you were younger

Actually I trick or treated for candy until I was 12. From 13 to 15 I played video games even on Halloween (Resident Evil and Silent Hill) and watching Friday the 13th, Nightmare on Elm Street, and Halloween movies. 15 on I set in front of a computer learning my trade.

Let me let you in on a little fact about me, I suffer from social anxiety disorder. I'm outspoken here thanks to the anonymity of the internet. If this was a public forum where everyone was in person and I was in person I guarantee I wouldn't even bat an eye, I would remain quiet and just lurk. I didn't have friends until high school and even then it was only three guys like me who loved video games like I did. I'm now 32 years old, and I sit at home every day on my laptop with my wife, son, and father-in-law. I go to my son's school for two hours and sit in the lobby programming. This site and my coding is my escape from my disorder.
Damn a lot has happened since my last post. Took me like half an hour to catch up. Shit got a bit serious, lol.
There are a few things I want to talk about with my unqualified opinion:
chrisname wrote:
There are dangerous drugs like cocaine
Although cocaine is supposed to be incredible. It's wildly dangerous unfortunately. I watched as my buddy almost died of an overdose -- and by 'watched' I mean doing everything humanly possible to not let him die in my arms. So yeah that's not something I'll ever do until I've reached 75 years old. (75 is my quota for life, after that I'm allowed to do all the things that I won't do now for the sake of staying alive).

Lumpkin wrote:
Vandalism and Theft is not right nor ever will be.
What about mutual vandalism or theft? which is an interesting philosophical question. I can name at least one other group on my Uni's campus that actively engages in mutual theft/vandalism with my group. They'll steal something from us, we'll play golf into their windows. And it stays minor -- no one's torching houses.
Maybe it's not the most healthy relationship, but we don't go around killing each other for it. Don't even get that pissed off really. We continually screw up something of equally important value to the other party. Dare I say, "fun and games?"
Although some might say an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind.
Mind you, this isn't meant to be a justification for vandalism. Just an argument to suggest that there aren't always black and white lines to some social issues.

And there are less harmful kinds of vandalism, like deer stacking on christmas, which I find insanely comical. If someone stacked my decorative reindeer I would get a nice laugh from it. Can you call the rearrangement of objects vandalism? I don't know the exact definition.
Last edited on
I would just like to say that I went trick-or-treating at 19 years old. Friend and I went with some very politically-oriented costumes that lots of adults found pretty funny. We had several people tell stuff along the lines of "Never too old to have fun". I feel pretty confident that at this point I won't be going trick-or-treating again unless I'm taking future kids I may have.

I don't think there's really an age limit to trick-or-treating as long as you're being respectable. It's the older people who have the resources to create some pretty awesome costumes, anyways.
@ResidentBiscuit
Article from 2010 about how some cities have implemented an age limit.
http://www.today.com/id/39832592/#.UncQb3VDtMc

Focus on Virginia, but points out other cities have done similar bans or have asked for similar bans. Virginia, some cities have a 12 year old cut off while others have high school age cut offs. With the fears from all the school shootings, I can see limits being put in place due to parents wanting to protect their children from older kids.
Last edited on by closed account z6A9GNh0
I don't think there's really an age limit to trick-or-treating as long as you're being respectable. It's the older people who have the resources to create some pretty awesome costumes, anyways.

ya, but most older people tend to go to parties on Halloween.

i think my last time was 15. . . which was pretty old

EDIT
just skimmed through the whole thread. looking at these threads is like watching a tree fall over, starts slow then goes waaaay off fast
Last edited on
closed account (owpE3TCk)
Who closed their account?
It was regefor or how ever their name was spelt.
Do you mean retsgorf297?
Yup. I don't know why, maybe he thought that we were mad at him or something?
Admin may have done it. He was always saying me and several others put words in other user's mouths, but I always challenged him to give proof and he never did. Admin may have just decided retsgorf297 was just trying to cause drama and grew tired of it. Either way, we all have better things to talk about, probably have projects to work on (like me trying to wrap my head around templates, linked lists, stacks and queues), and there are definitely users in other threads to help rather than speculate on who and why his account is gone. I think we have all wasted enough time on this thread and has hit the point that it is best to let it die.
How do you know about retsgorf?
Pages: 1... 6789