lazy article

Pages: 123456... 15
But I don't believe in any god(s). Does that mean I don't exist???

It's still murder. You killed a human being. That's murder, # kill intentionally and with premeditation; "The mafia boss ordered his enemies murdered"

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=define%3A+murder&btnG=Google+Search&meta=&aq=f&oq=
Can you prove you exist? If you can't prove it, does it exist?
Last edited on
make: head hurts. Stop.

By the way, "I think, therefore I am."
Last edited on
We can prove that we exist in this reality but we cannot prove that this reality exist.

We know how things are by of the way we experience them. Thankfully the ears and eyes of most people work in much the same way. This allows us to experience the same sounds and visions as those around us. It is in this way that you are god. Everything you see, hear, smell, taste, and feel are a products of your mind; your creation. No one else can experience exactly what you are experiencing. Because you are unique, your universe is uniquely yours. And yes, it does revolve around you.

But, you don't believe in god.
Last edited on
Well, this thread hasn't gone off-topic at all.

Actually, you can't prove you or anything else exists at all. The only things that can be proven to exist are your thoughts, and only because they have to exist to have them (just like, say, 43 has to exist to be known). You can't prove that they are your thoughts, though. You can't prove the existence of past thoughts, either, which raises the question of what a present thought is.
Thats creepy Helios. A few posts ago I almost asked how we got here from lazy articles. Its amazing how alike you and I are. (Sends a chill down your spine, dont it.)

You don't believe in God?

A lot of people don't. I don't.

Nor Gods. I have an intense dislike of religions, particularly christianity, particularly catholocism, most probably because my first school was catholic and for a month I had to stand in the cold during breaks where I blocked the sinks in school because I wanted swimming lessons. I was six years old... Then there was the time they suspected me of throwing rocks through windows. Recently I revisited that memory and worked out who it was who did it... but at the time I could only explain about how the pidgeons looked suspicious...

Oh well; now I have an excellent scapegoat for my social shortcomings :)
God and religion are 2 separate things. Its like justice and law. God is a really kool thing, religion is design to suppress individual growth and in slave the masses.
How do you imagine a God without a religion? or religion without a God?
religion is design to suppress individual growth and in slave the masses
Religion is a sort of set of rules. It is designed to help people comprehend the world. Yet it is the nature of humans to exploit others in any possible way.
I agree with that statement.

"God is a really kool thing."
Yes, because people (Christians and Muslims have been fighting for hundreds of years, as have Jews and Muslims, Christians and Jews, etc., even Catholics and Puritans have fought) killing each other over an unprovable figure that may not even exist is really cool.
People kill each other out of hatred and lack of understanding (or cuz its fun.) They summit to the will of other (their religious leader) and know nothing about any "god" that was not spoon fed to them by their religion.

Im not saying that god exists. Im saying organized religion is not the way to find god. When we cannot know if something exists or not we allow curiosity to guide us. The only way to find answers is to look but if all we do is stare into the same empty box for 1000s of years we will never have any hope of finding anything. The best we can do is follow the person with the best story about what might be in there.
Last edited on
You cannot blame religion for all the killing with religious reasoning. People will always find reasons to kill each other. In fact, as far as I know (I have doubts about muslims and their 'jihad', though I know little about Islam), no religion ever suggested killing anyone (in the begining, I mean).
You cannot blame religion for all the killing with religious reasoning.

Read that statement out loud. What your saying is that if religion is red, you cannot blame red for all red things. Should we blame blue instead? I guess if blue put a little more effort into things that are red there would be less red things. Yes, lets blame red on blue.

(Did that make any sence to any one but me?)

no religion ever suggested killing anyone

I make a point to avoid learning about Religous history so my list is very short. Please feel free to add more wars, massacres, and killings in the name of religion.

The Crusades
Witch hunts
KKK << thats a religion group aint it?
Suicide bombing

I have doubts about muslims and their 'jihad', though I know little about Islam

That's the point. The Qu'Ran is actually against violence. Al Queda are not real muslims. They're just killing people in the name of Islam.

(Did that make any sence to any one but me?)

Yes.

I can.
People will always find reasons to kill each other.

Yes, but why should there be that extra reason? Sure we will always find a reason to kill each other. But the fewer reasons the better...
What I mean is that if I started killing people who use linux, becouse I prefer windows, no one wold blame Microsoft for that (ok, some would, but still, a minority).

no religion ever suggested killing anyone (in the begining, I mean)
Note the parentheses. It is not written in the Bible or anywhere else, that one must kill to spread the religion. The things that are in your list are the results of what I expresed as
People will always find reasons to kill each other.
Also, atheists are not a whole lot better (I am talking about comunists).

But the fewer reasons the better...
No, I don't think there is any difference.
I'm a communist. By that I of course mean that I believe one day Marxism will work. For now, however, I recognise that humans are too greedy for it to work. So in that sense I'm something of a realist.

And Atheists are not much better, true.
For the love of argument,

Killing people is not necessarily a bad thing. Sure on the small scale when 1 person dies many suffer because of their loss. On a large scale massive killings help to slow down the growth rate of the human population. If there were enough killings to reduce the human population it would be a great effort toward ending world hunger, reducing pollution, and prolonging the lifespan on the planet.

I know how this sounds but lets not forget that humans are animals. When animal populations get so large that they run the risk of consuming more resources than whats available, measures are taken to reduce their populations. This is done out of the belief that it is better for some to die rather than for the entire population to suffer and then die.

(Im playing devils advocate here. These views are not necessarily my own. Please no person attacks or flaming.)

That is what I mean when I say that atheists are not any better..
(yes, I am an atheist myself)

A funny thing. There is another way to slow down the growth rate. That is wealth.
see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aging_of_Europe
Pages: 123456... 15