lazy article

Pages: 1... 34567... 15
Thats part of the problem.
The "greying" of Europe specifically refers to the increase in the percentage of Europe's elderly population relative to its workforce

More people that are still alive and needing valuable things like air, water, and food to survive. When will this madness end? World War 3?

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."
Albert Einstein.
How do you imagine a God without a religion?
Deism.

or religion without a God?
Uh... Buddhism? Shinto?

I think you people are confusing religion and dogma.
Killing people is not necessarily a bad thing

But then you have suicides as a direct result of the killing. However I do agree. Hence why I think abortion is fine. People get too worked up over dead stuff. When you die, you can't feel pain or anything any more. Therefore, surely death is better? Tying in with my "beliefs" (if you could call them that) there is no afterlife... so... death would be better. I still want to live though.

A funny thing. There is another way to slow down the growth rate. That is wealth.

You need only look at the populations of LEDCs such as India compared to MEDCs such as Germany to realise that.
Populations:
Germany: 82 million. India: 1.15 billion.
GDP Per Capita (average income (gross domestic product per head)):
Germany: $34,000. India: $2,600.
When you die, you can't feel pain or anything any more. Therefore, surely death is better?

That makes sence but can you prove that you will feel nothing after death?

For 10,000s of years people have believed that they will continue after death. If it were a smaller group of people, I could see it being little more than a way of coping with the fear of dieing. This belief seems to be universally present throughout the human race. No intellengent person can rationally dismiss a belief (unproven as it may be), that is so widely accepted but so many different cultures in so long a time, without some conclusive evidence.

My personal belief is that if it cannot be proven or disproved there is little reason to argue about it. I accept all possibilities as possibilities and look forward to a time when it become possible to look beyond the door and understand what is on the other side.
You are now aware that modern automatic doors are magic and actually teleport you across them.
Your kidding me? I knew they were magic but when did they start teleporting? Why has no one told me about this? All this time I have been needlessly walking 2 steps across the door way!

These door, is there a reason they only teleport you such a short distance? Walmart is a big store. One might walk a mile or 2 while shopping there. Teleporters would make it a lot easier.
More people that are still alive and needing valuable things like air, water, and food to survive. When will this madness end? World War 3?
No need to be so dramatic. I assume that similar tendencies will be seen in third world countries eventually. That means reducing human population. We don't need to explicitly kill anyone.

@helios
Deism - well, one of the difinitions of 'religion' google gives me is
a strong belief in a supernatural power or powers that control human destiny.
Buddhism - I'd like to consider this more of a phylosphy.
,though these things are difficult to define exactly.

edit:
You are now aware that modern automatic doors are magic and actually teleport you across them.
what are you people talking about?
Last edited on
@hamsterman: You know you are only supporting your opposition, right?

You said:
or religion without a God?
, then helios said the Shinto is a religion (without a god) and then you show that is a religion...?
oh...
that happens to me from time to time.
I'd butter cut it out..
"You are now aware that modern automatic doors are magic and actually teleport you across them."
what are you people talking about?

If you get lost, please re-read the entire thread.
Last edited on
All this time I have been needlessly walking 2 steps across the door way!

Well, all doors are really portals. In French, door is "porte". When you walk across a door you're actually walking through a compression of matter which allows you to move from one side of the door through to the other. On that note, may I just mention that the rooms in a given building are not necessarily connected. The door is a portal - you step into it and out of it at the same time, as soon as one part of your body touches the nm or so of compressed matter it is "teleported" to the other side -- it's not real teleportation, it's just that you're disregarding the matter in between.

Prove me wrong.
it's just that you're disregarding the matter in between.

What are you talking about? I have complete regard for the matter between. In fact as I walk through a door way, no matter where that door may be, I interact with every molecule of matter in my immediate area.
Well, all doors are really portals. In French, door is "porte". When you walk across a door you're actually walking through a compression of matter which allows you to move from one side of the door through to the other. On that note, may I just mention that the rooms in a given building are not necessarily connected. The door is a portal - you step into it and out of it at the same time, as soon as one part of your body touches the nm or so of compressed matter it is "teleported" to the other side -- it's not real teleportation, it's just that you're disregarding the matter in between.

And in Spanish, "puerta"
In Latin, "porta"
In Italian, "porta"

It's obviously been known by other cultures for some time. I wonder what other secrets they've been keeping from us English speakers.
Last edited on
Hurr durr. "Portal" and "door" are synonyms.
Last edited on
Hurr durr

Alright, calm down.

"Portal" and "door" are synonyms.

Depends on the context. As I was speaking of magic, they are not quite synonyms.

What are you talking about? I have complete regard for the matter between. In fact as I walk through a door way, no matter where that door may be, I interact with every molecule of matter in my immediate area.

No, you don't. You see, doors are actually a way of moving between two points in the universe. Rooms connected by a door are not necessarily connected at all -- the door simply compresses the matter in between such that you can walk the distance without ever noticing.
Depends on the context. As I was speaking of magic, they are not quite synonyms.

Well, they are synonyms, it's just that in the "magic" sense, it is used figuratively.

EDIT: We should start calling them "portals" to sound smarter. Maybe even "portae".
Last edited on
Trust me, I will.

And BTW, there IS a religion that originally told people to kill: Norse and Vikings. I win.
Rooms connected by a door are not necessarily connected at all -- the door simply compresses the matter in between such that you can walk the distance without ever noticing.
But if I grab a sledgehammer and start banging against the wall, I'll eventually come out somewhere. Are sledgehammers and similar tools actually space-bending devices, and if so, why don't they have the same effect on people?

Finally, were you all dropped on your heads as babies? I mean seriously. Doors as interdimensional gates?
Finally, were you all dropped on your heads as babies?

The fun doesn't stop there... =D
I mean seriously. Doors as interdimensional gates?

Yes, and everything is made of really small strings.
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 34567... 15