Hacking.

Pages: 1234
Did you know that sometimes you can use just a simple phone to hack?

Sometimes, It's all about the phone.
closed account (3qX21hU5)
Did you know that sometimes you can use just a simple phone to hack?

Did you know that you watch way to many movies, and that is not how it works?
devonrevenge wrote:
Spellcheck is an imperialistic american culture imposing program

devon is an anti-American pro-British culture user incapable of changing the locality setting.
Aren't these just differences in spelling between American English and British English?

When I was in school it was, but not now. My son's spelling words were glamour, colour, and judgment. The American English is slowly adopting the British English.
Don't u kno tha is how ppl speak nao? Kids are starting to shorting words so they can text them faster on phones and other devices (Hell I even do it sometimes). I just find it kind of sad when teachers in school sometimes promote this kind of language. One huge pet peeve of mine is when people use "alot". I am not the greatest at grammar and stringing sentences together correctly, but even I can take the time to use a spell checker :(
What mentally retarded rejects and teachers do you know that use that sort of grammar or even allow the use of that grammar? 'u', 'ppl' are yahoo internet grammar while 'nao' is a foreigner's attempt at 'now'. Teachers don't encourage that sort of grammar, in fact, I know a few English teachers that will give you an 'F' if you do something like 'alot' even once on a paper. People that use internet grammar do so because they don't care to mess with proper English or are just trying to pump out their question as fast as possible.

Now what I'm talking about is that the organization that determines how the English language changes (ie judgement to judgment) has slowly been adopting the British way of spelling words.

Also, some spell checkers can be customized so that won't help any as they could add 'alot' to it as being fine and meaning the same as 'a lot'.
You would be surprised at what teachers teach up here. But yes I do agree with you on the slow change to a more British way of spelling.

Also, some spell checkers can be customized so that won't help any as they could add 'alot' to it as being fine and meaning the same as 'a lot'.

Ohh ya I forgot about that feature. I'm guessing it was originally meant for adding name and other stuff to your auto complete (Like user names and other stuff) but I guess it could be used that way also.

Speaking about "alot" has anyone read this guys blog http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/04/alot-is-better-than-you-at-everything.html? Gave me a good laugh and sorry for going off topic ;p
Speaking about "alot" has anyone read this guys blog

That guy is a gal.
closed account (S6k9GNh0)
Did you know that you watch way to many movies, and that is not how it works?

Actually... back in the 70s, there were stories of taking a Captain Crunch whistle out of a cereal box and using it to make free calls to anywhere. Of course, this no longer works...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cap'n_Crunch#Relation_to_hacking_culture
Last edited on
Oh gezz you are right cire. You know ever since I have seen someone post "her" blog I have been reading it and never once did I realise it was a women sigh. Shows how much I pay attention.
> the organization that determines how the English language changes
¿who?
devon is an anti-American pro-British culture user incapable of changing the locality setting.

True, the mystery of why i refuse to use spell check solved, finnaly.

EDIT: oh I did a lot of phreaking as a kid, I used to use a Dictaphone to play the beeps of specific coins at the right time, there was this one time it ran out of batteries and the operator got suspicious and the police came and checked the telephone box, that was all post 911 days tho, the sites we read about those things are all very illegal now, but the captain crunch thing is true and telephony and phreaking are still infinatley interesting, even in my part of london i see loads of obviously not engineers doing something un-official looking,

proly given themselves free internet by fiddling with cab boxes, no one will say anything if you park a white van nearby...should have reported them really :P
Last edited on
devonrevenge wrote:
the mystery of why i refuse to use spell check solved, finnaly.
Nice example ;)
Last edited on
When I said using phones to hack...just read the book "Icecore"
Topic archived. No new replies allowed.
Pages: 1234