AQ Test

Pages: 12
How accurate is the test? Could someone not autistic and someone autistic try it and test the accuracy.

My score: 29

A site for the test: www.wired.com/wired/archive/9.12/aqtest.html
I'm diagnosed with Asperger's but I've overcome a lot of my problems.
Results wrote:
Agree: 2,4,5,7,12,13,16,19,20,22,23,26,33,45,46: 1 point
Disagree: 1,10,11,14,15,17,27,34,36,40,44,47,50: 1 point
Score: 28
I can 'fake' social interaction very well but internally I apply to a lot more of these questions than I actually answered I did. In the past, I think I would have been much higher up on the Autism scale.
Last edited on
closed account (Dy7SLyTq)
so not trying to be stereotypical, but are you really good at speedy computations in your head and can you memorize long patterns of numbers? ive never met someone whos autistic so im curious how much they show on tv is true?
does number nine mean historical dates or like dating dates?
DTSCode wrote:
so not trying to be stereotypical, but are you really good at speedy computations in your head and can you memorize long patterns of numbers? ive never met someone whos autistic so im curious how much they show on tv is true?
Not in the slightest; on the contrary, I'm absolutely horrible at that. However, I'm extremely good at logic, patterns, and abstraction, which are more in-depth skills that they're not allowed to show on TV.
why cant they show that on tv?
Because 90% of the world's population would not be able to understand any of it, which would lead to them not watching it, which would lead to loss of advertising revenue, which would lead to loss of profit, which would lead to people getting fired. It's just against the rules. Showing that kind of stuff on television would be absolutely absurd.
Last edited on
I got 9.
And your diagnosis for Autism is...(boolean)
I've never been diagnosed, so that would be false or (bool)0.
23? What does that mean?
chrisname wrote:
I got 9.
LB wrote:
And your diagnosis for Autism is...(boolean)

Unless I'm reading this wrong the lower the score the less likely for autism
In the first major trial using the test, the average score in the control group was 16.4. Eighty percent of those diagnosed with autism or a related disorder scored 32 or higher.

I got 25.
¿why there are 4 options instead of 2?
Why not?
37 for me. Most people consider me awkward socially, and I can only carry on conversations if I am really interested. I can't pretend very easily to be interested in things that I am not... probably a bad thing, and I am trying to work on it. I often say words in the wrong order, or can't put words to my thoughts.
Those are just a few out of many qwerks I have.
On the bright side, I could learn really easily and actually get pleasure from learning. I wouldn't say that I am more or less intelligent than most people, just more 'lop-sided' in the areas of my brain development.

I haven't gone for a diagnosis of autism or aspergers. But I wouldn't be surprised if I were.
@naraku9333 that doesn't explain whether he was officially diagnosed or not, which is what I asked.

@chrisname How dare you show that c-style cast in here.
Last edited on
@chrisname: the score system only care about `agree' or `disagree', it makes no distinction between `definitely' and `slightly'.
27. But I never had an examination for autism.
21, im badly hyperactive which is on the autistic spectrum but im not sure how it works
Here's something else that might be interesting: http://psychcentral.com/cgi-bin/psychopathy-quiz.cgi
I scored 2 on this one.

@ne555
That is weird, I didn't notice that. I wish the questions on these kinds of tests would be more straight-forward, with fewer adjectives so I'd be more comfortable just saying "yes" or "no".
Pages: 12