Public wishlist for cplusplus.com

Pages: 1... 89101112... 16
@ SGH:
Signatures/Avatar/In-post Images Neutral

I'm pretty sure that's an overwhelming Negative, not Neutral.
In fact what do your Positive/Neutral/Negative tags even mean?
I think negative is a no no but neutral is no one is set against it, so its twickers prerogative.

Avatars and signatures are even more useless than some fun potentially useful thing one can link a home made program to and build new stuff like we can freely link up to the input stream to the site or sumthing, This way I can actually utilize my distraction to this place and make fun data management thing.

Im not saying im against Avatars and signatures I love frameworks wazzack and fredbill does cool pixel art, and there will be inane chatter about avatars, it would be fun...but more useless than the thing that actually is the data swamp.

You could build something that would know if your post had been
updated!

you could parse new things coming in for keywords!

^that sounds good, that is what the data swamp (more of a data river) could provide
Last edited on
@Catfish, It's how I think our community looks at those points.

Positive: Our community may like this thing
Neutral: Some may like, some may hate
Negative: Mostly hated feature

About Signatures/Avatar/In-post Images, I don't really think that's a bad point, it can even be a very limited feature.

@devonrevenge: I find it useful indeed, I made a page that used Steam's JSON code to find friends infos, the server/game they're playing on and their avatar and everything, just from my community numerical id, without the need to login (only if you have public infos and you know your NUMERICAL id). But I found out I shouldn't give my API key to anyone so I won't publicly post the link here, as it's againts Steam Web API ToS.

But I don't find that really useful right now, some issues are more important than that right now.

Unless Twicker goes around looking for staffers, maybe every staffer can take his very own issue and...
wait for it...
http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/243/561/afc.gif
Last edited on
Why is the number of posts next to peoples name, whats the point in that???

a rank or award like in dream in code isnt that unwise, say some one had a "gamesmaster" award for helping people with games, it would help people measure the value of your comment rather than making an odd assumption that the more you post the more you know.

Some one could reply differently if they knew that you had the "pro - maths" award or even a best languages bar in-between the name and the number of posts.

EDIT: hey my Ideas in Bold above are actually rather good AND original and perfect for uber coders and begininers alike

EDIT:Blue is very concervative, what if you want a brighter/mellow/gothic/gaudy/macho or more feminine look, easy do it with c++ skins! options to change it in you personal settings bit :D
Last edited on
The only reason I would think that we could include images is for math notation
like: http://upload.wikimedia.org/math/2/8/b/28b7115ef22d374d2819145944bfd16f.png

Right now we can certainly enter the symbols manually:

∑ √ ∏ ≈ ∞ ∆ ∩      
But it would be a real pain and time consuming to do this for a complex notation.
People use links to dropbox for images often enough, it could be abused by certain trolls too.
could be nice for conversation though, look at my holiday snaps check out my broken leg/new dog/girlfriend/car/tattoos
Last edited on
We can have a feature that we can specify in our profile page what IDE and OS we our using so that we don't have to specify it again and again when required. This will prevent instances when a person doesn't specify his/her IDE and the helper has to make a post to specifically ask for it. (But if someone uses multiple IDEs then he would have to specify it in his post which IDE is he currently using)
Last edited on
@Oria
Yeah, LaTeX tags would be nice, but it might not be easy to add.
What about a mobile app!:)
What about a mobile app!:)

Not sure if there's a point. Can easily use the phone's browser.
Let's not overburden twicker - small simple fixes first. Don't forget he's simultaneously updating the reference, maintaining the site, moderating the forums, AND working on our feature requests.
Last edited on
There should be a system which will force new users to read "Please read before posting".

I think these links should be included in the "Please read before posting"
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/oGLN8vqX/
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/jEywvCM9/
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/z13hAqkS/
http://www.cplusplus.com/articles/
Last edited on
I think there should be a "derailer" button along with a report button. Derailer posts should initially be collapsed. They should have a '+' button. On clicking the button the post will expand and contents will be shown and the '+' will become a '-' button.
Not sure if there's a point. Can easily use the phone's browser.

Browser can be slow though...like ebay to browse on a phone's browser is slow but the ebay app is much faster
Browser can be slow though...like ebay to browse on a phone's browser is slow but the ebay app is much faster

I guess maybe on an older phone... I cant tell the difference on mine.
eklavya sharma 2 wrote:
I think there should be a "derailer" button along with a report button. Derailer posts should initially be collapsed. They should have a '+' button. On clicking the button the post will expand and contents will be shown and the '+' will become a '-' button.
I think there's already a reddit for C++ ;)
or nested comments like stack overflow has, so if your afraid to derail you can have a little comment below a post

or how bout a "non-derailer" reputation trophy!?

LOL, a question of the week/month, Member of the week/month or topic of the week/month :D
Last edited on
stackoverflow already exists.

@all: Stop suggesting things that other sites have - other sites have them because they're other sites.
other sites dont have awsome skin packs, I will make one for myself and share it if someone or gsh can tell me where to start looking to learn how to do it :D

just blue is so concervative aint it, I want FLAMES
Last edited on
Pages: 1... 89101112... 16