UNIX/Linux Programming - April 2012 (Page 3)

Need assistance with fgets

I'm building a shell (as an exercise for school), and I receive a segmentation fault when I use fgets as following: int main() { char userCommand ; list<va...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks for the help, but I found the mistake in a location further in ... (by yshicht)
check out buffer

how can I check that all signs have already been sent from UART buffer?? cheers
[no replies]
Differences between extern and static variables.

Hi, What's the difference betwen an extern and a static value? What's best used? Or it's better in case of extern, only defining an global variable and inclu...
[9 replies] Last: Ok. Thank you very much :D (by lestatgirl666)
Installed Linux, now what?

Ok so I finally went and installed a dual boot of linux and windows. Now what? What are some cool things I can do/install on linux?
[17 replies] Last: Eh well I found a fix to it. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Linux issues :(

Ok so I installed Linux Ubuntu on my laptop. I was trying to do a dual boot installation, but I think I messed up and overwrote my partition with windows. I hav...
[6 replies] Last: Yea the partitions for windows no longer exist. Linux has most of my h... (by ResidentBiscuit)
pthread_cond_wait logic question

I'm working on a class assignment and looking for hints to help sovle my logic issue. The code is supposed to create a number of threads that each output and...
[1 reply] : Well, I solved my issue by moving the "I am eating" output out of the ... (by whjones3)
by atjm88
imclearborder() in C++

Hi, can anyone tell me what's the C++ code inside imclearborder in Matlab? I need the code inside as to continue my project, but then I've try to search online,...
[1 reply] : It's closed-proprietary, you can't see the source outside of disassemb... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
ftp help

Im making an online compiler, but i am having trouble connecting to my webserver. how do you use the bash ftp command to connect to a webserver? its ftp.mirrors...
[2 replies] Last: i didnt understand any of that im sorry. i mean i have seen http but h... (by Aramil of Elixia)
just need some ideas

hi everyone i need to make a new comand for linux for my homework, but need to be something new, however all of my ideas already exist, and i'm at 2ยบ semester...
[1 reply] : hi, missing command for linux? seems to be a hard work to find... try... (by shadow123)
Boost::Asio on Mac OS

Hey guys, I'm trying to use the Boost library on my Mac. I cannot use the binary version downloadable from the boost.org webpage since its generating some so...
[1 reply] : Depends on the compiler.. If you're using clang or gcc, -l<library nam... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
Can I have two apps exchange messages over stdin/stdout?

Hello, If I implement two apps using asynchronous I/O ( select() ) so both apps will write into stdout and they will read each others output, is going to work?...
[14 replies] Last: kbw - thanks a lot for your time! (by vincegata)
Pass user parameter to signal handler in linux

Hi In my program, I want to use signal handler so that if signal alarm is sent to the process my function is to called.till no everything is ok.but I want to p...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your quick reply I do not know why I do not want use "Globa... (by nima0102)
hacking contest help

my friend and I decided to have a hacking contest against each other. we are going to get some old computers and wipe them with a unix/linux terminal of our cho...
[16 replies] Last: im sorry i thought i had put that we were doing this over the summer a... (by Aramil of Elixia)
Multimap Issue in runtime

Hi i am using multimap for inserting the values, the code which i have written seems to be working fine in AIX, but when i tried to run the same code i am getti...
[1 reply] : CASEvent* startEvent; // everyone gets a default start invalid poin... (by ne555)
April 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [mar2012] [may2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.