UNIX/Linux Programming - April 2013

by beakie
Dependency Utilisation

Can anyone point me in the direction of learning how to correctly utilise existing packages in my c++ code? Say I wanted to call adduser within my code. I sh...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for your reply! I have been told on these forums in the past t... (by beakie)
Completed Game design advice

HI, I have a completed project of a checkers game. My module is a Design and Implementation module I am asking if someone can run through my code and see if ...
[no replies]
listing .txt files

Hey, guys. Doing some homework on some very basic Unix commands and getting really frustrated. I'm told to list all the text files in a directory using a relati...
[2 replies] Last: Well I thought they did. I execute them normally and they work just fi... (by Arbondawn)
by Yoda
Need help + suggestions on windows/linux dual boot

Mainly used to windows, but trying to learn programming in C++. Was wondering the best way to install a dual boot and what version of linux would be BEST to...
[7 replies] Last: well .tar.gz is just another compressed format, similar to .zip. in ub... (by drew887)
New to linux

I am starting linux. i am using Ubuntu, and when i compile m c program with gcc Hello.c it builds to a.out. what is this? an object file, how do i turn it to...
[6 replies] Last: Just type gcc -o Hello Hello.c into the terminal > (Not sure if Ubu... (by Smac89)
Serial Port problem

I am running Xubuntu 12.10 on Virtualbox and using Codeblocks 10.05 with gcc version 4.7. I am trying to write some code to read and write to a device on my ser...
[no replies]
Help with output delays

Hey c++, I'm trying to write a code so that text is outputted one letter at a time (every 50 milliseconds or so - think of the "pokemon" style text). I am usin...
[2 replies] Last: or you can keep it simple std::string str; std::cout << "Please ente... (by giblit)
by zener
Start and close a programm

I want to start and then to close a programm. I saw that i can use execlip to start but can i to close ? Thanks
[no replies]
Help with vector program

This is the program I am currently working on, unfortunately my code is not compiling, and I can not figure out what is wrong with it. Someone help, please! I h...
[3 replies] Last: You are also declaring the vector values twice. (by Zaita)
by monaj
Please help me with a c++ live project

Hi Friends, I want to go for a c++ experience interview but I don't have any live c++ project experience. Could you please give me c++ live project with a smal...
[2 replies] Last: If you don't know c++ you should not go for a job that uses c++. Maybe... (by giblit)
by xubin
detect key combinations in c/c++

Hi all How can I detect a key combination in a console application with c/c++? e.g ctrl+f4 or other combinations. Thanks
[1 reply] : One solution would be to use the ncurses library. (by IndieExe)
Pointer incrementing

Hi, I am trying to increment the pointer I send when creating a pthread but it doesn't compile. The increment is at line 30, its written in C. How can I get thi...
[5 replies] Last: I don't know why or how but it compiled, ran, and worked! (by farmergeoff2003)
by zener
Listening linux event

Hello,   am new to linux and I have the following problem: When I create a function or a thread with an infinite loop my program gets stuck inside the loop a...
[no replies]
ofstream stops working mid file

ofstream data("character.data"); data << "health{ "; data << maxHealth << " "; data << health << " }" << endl; bool quit = false; data << "attack...
[4 replies] Last: Did you check the file after data has gone out of scope? Otherwise try... (by Peter87)
Changing Timestamp

Hi, i m working on a project to simulate the behavior of touch command using c programming in linux. I can create the file easily but can't change the time stam...
[2 replies] Last: thank u (by akki199421)
Semaphores

Let's say a semaphore(bm) has been put to wait or sleep, after P(bm). This means that in my case its sem_op=-1 and absolute value of sem_op > semval. The curre...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! :) (by knowNothing)
Changing Memory Values (Mac)?

Hello, I am writing a trainer for a flash game, but I'm a little confused. Every single function/tutorial I looked at uses windows.h dependencies, which obvi...
[5 replies] Last: You may try and use Custom USB drives for this at http://www.usbpromos... (by terryss)
Serial Read Memory Corruption Error

Hi, I am not sure if this is a code or hardware problem anymore, but I'm hoping someone will have some insight. Bear with me for the long explanation. I ...
[1 reply] : I haven't read all the commentary, but did you really mean this? stat... (by kbw)
XOOPIC/OOPIC code

Hi All I want to use XOOPIC/OOPIC code written in c++ and available from http://ptsg.egr.msu.edu/ but I cant run this code.I am sure that this code is true and ...
[no replies]
What is strncpy

In this code the function strncpy accepts 4 arguments but in the reference here at cplusplus.com it only accepts 3? Reference: http://www.cplusplus.com/referen...
[16 replies] Last: Ok (by Anmol444)
April 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [mar2013] [may2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.