UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2012 (Page 3)

sockets question

Hi, all - I'm really new to sockets, so please forgive me if this question is painfully simple. I've written an app that, among other things, accepts a telnet...
[8 replies] Last: And here's the section of the code that calls the above functions: ... (by mzimmers)
Error text on console screen

hello i got a problem , error text on console . Linux debian 6.06 in virtual box , the IDE is codeblocks the pict http://i.imgur.com/U2ZWc.png t...
[7 replies] Last: I hope you didn't use halitciftcise's solution. It's corrupts the hea... (by kbw)
Check if a file extension exists in a directory

I am working on some code to talk with a printer. I am communicating with the printer through a tcp socket and am sending and receiving commands. The part I am ...
[9 replies] Last: Nevermind, I got it. I need to re-initialize my stringstream variable ... (by zonxwedop)
Break a look cycle within a phread

Hi. I want to send a signal to a pthread so it can break the cycle it is performing. void sig_func(int sig) { break ; } void *pThread_func(void *arg) { s...
[7 replies] Last: But Cubbi... That's exactly my problem! I want to stop the thread to e... (by amariano)
by Kny069
How to compile for i486

Hi, I've made an easy C++ program and compiled it with my desktop-pc (i686). The program runs on that pc. Now i want to run the same program on a mini-pc ...
[1 reply] : Have you checked on their forum? I would have thought that cross comp... (by kbw)
Getting all global variables from compiled file (linux). How to separate static from const?

So, I have something really strange here. For example I have 2 .cpp files, one of them containing const std::string DICTIONARY_DEFAULT = "blah"; const st...
[no replies]
non uniform text file parsing

hi, i am trying to parse a collection of text files that look like following. there a number of them but not all are structured exactly the same way.if i f...
[1 reply] : Looks like that would be a pretty straight forward job for boost spir... (by Cubbi)
usage sample<options>

Hi, forgive me if the question i am asking is too simple or obvious, i am relatively new to programming. i am trying to use an open source library found by goo...
[1 reply] : Did you try: ./sample -c -k 4 -i input.txt -o output.txt Just a bi... (by TheIdeasMan)
Daemon to log keystrokes?

Hey. I want to log all keystrokes by a script running in the background. I know that this is possible as LogKext is built in C++ and does it. I took a look a...
[no replies]
December 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.