UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2012 (Page 2)

pthread_create invalid arguments...

#include <stdio.h> #include <pthread.h> #include <stdlib.h> void * thread1() { while(1){ printf("Hello!!\n"); } } ...
[3 replies] Last: change the function signature to void* thread1(void*) #include <std... (by vstomar)
Using #define

Hello, I created a simple file to calculate a bisection and I had problems with the #define. I used this structure: #define __e 0.01 // define o erro ...
[6 replies] Last: Technically, __e cannot be used in a portable program, with or witho... (by Cubbi)
File Browse

Hey! I am a college student trying to impress my professor with a final project where we have to save and open files from a HDD. Instead of having the user type...
[1 reply] : In OS X the file dialog is handled by NSOpenPanel and NSSavePanel hel... (by codewalker)
mysql++ linux

how to print the result of the mysql querry in c++ myc codes are : #include<iostream> #include<mysql/mysql.h> #include<stdio.h> #define DATABASE "vobd_db" usin...
[2 replies] Last: okay okay got it thanx (by pradeep rawat)
by athila
Security Data Input in C++

Hello Everybody... I'm trying to write a code for input a int data in a security way. If the user enter with a letter, an error message could be showed. ...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <string> using namespace std; int main()... (by dailei)
cout does not display!

#include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> //strlen #include <stdlib.h> #include <errno.h> #include <unistd.h> //close #include <arpa/inet.h> //close #includ...
[5 replies] Last: cout << "Something" << endl; which is really the same as: cout << "... (by Stewbond)
how decoding works in this code

Hi, i have this piece of code which is decoding function for rice algorithm. which i pass as input is a binary file, which is encoded. working of encoder: th...
[no replies]
PCC-S-02016, include file pathname is too long

Error at line 43, column 16 in file /u04/net/rtp-netapp1/vol/build/nwwls/devspac e/thirdparty/SunOS/5.6/rwav/ver09.1/workspaces/SOLARIS26/SUNPRO42/0s/rw/generi...
[1 reply] : Can you explain what you're doing. I feel like I just walked into a r... (by kbw)
by amwani
getline from file only works for somet string

Hi, I am trying to get string from textfile to be decrypted. The file contain special character after being encrypted. but the problem is, for some kind of s...
[1 reply] : As the file contains non-printable characters, you should open it as a... (by kbw)
2d array performance

I perform 3loop matrix multiplication with different 2darray definition (pointer 2 pointer,template and basic definition like float A ;) and measure MFLOPS of...
[7 replies] Last: I asked for difference between MFLOPS and elapsed time for computing ... (by Cubbi)
small project - looking for professional help

Is it possible to hire someone from here to help me on an advanced level C++ project on Linux? How much would ~4-5 hours of your professional consulting work...
[1 reply] : This would be better suited in the jobs section, and you may want to i... (by ResidentBiscuit)
by spirit
Compiling third-party source code that came without Makefile

Hello, Situation: I would like to compile some scientific third-party program under Linux using the GNU compiler suite. The problem is, that the source co...
[7 replies] Last: I usually write Java software under Linux and know little about Compil... (by spirit)
Req : Linux TCP/IP tutorial

hellow i try to learn about linux TCP/IP . anybody can give me an source example (server and client) ? from make socket , listening IP , and sending . ...
[1 reply] : There's nothing special about TCP/IP on Linux, it's basically the same... (by kbw)
by sanaz
HOWTO: Create C/C++ libraries in Linux (static and dynamic linking)

Hi people, I'm trying to compile the following code in ubuntu 10.04 #include <map.h> And i get this error: <map.h> no such file or directory
[1 reply] : You probably mean #include <map> (by kbw)
Error Allocating Data

Hi All, I have been using two different libraries that were created by my colleagues. Now the problem is that there are a few new (cv::Mat) and reserve (in std...
[2 replies] Last: [quote=navderm]Awaiting ! Sincerely, navderm Whay are you waiting ... (by guestgulkan)
pthread_create problem in POSIX, undefined reference to 'pthread_create'

Hi guys, I have this problem in my compiler, I'm using codeblock.. this is the code.. #include <pthread.h> #include <stdio.h> #define NUM_THREADS ...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I fix the code with c++ x.cpp -o x -lpthread...in the con... (by Nitros8891)
how to get binary in text file

Hi, i have this piece of code, the encoding function creates a file of binary 1's and 0's but since i am getting output in a text file, the result is shown as ...
[2 replies] Last: You should use fread() to read a binary file opened with fopen(). In ... (by kbw)
challenging 1-line question

I am using a function like this: double f (double M, void *l) { f_params &params= *reinterpret_cast<f_params *>(l); return (log(1./((interpol(M)) * params...
[1 reply] : Should be one of those: f_params Data; // Initialize Data f(14, &Dat... (by S G H)
Need Help urgently !!!!!!

Anyone can help me,i'll pay you Leave your email
[3 replies] Last: Sry, I only do programming in windows and I don't use bash but c++, bu... (by closed account ETAkoG1T)
by Copy
Trying to compile C++ with g++ in Unbuntu

Well, I've followed all the tutorials and it's still not working. I don't know where else to turn cause google isn't helping much. Tried figuring it out myself ...
[10 replies] Last: @halitciftcise Firstly you handle your directory to as home -> in co... (by TheIdeasMan)
December 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [nov2012] [jan2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.