UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2012 (Page 2)

Compilation errors with g++

when compiling with g++, does any one know of any way of making g++ output the line(s) of code the compilation error(s) occurred on? i can't find anything in...
[6 replies] Last: goodo yes i can run with that - cheers! (by Tristen e)
Simple server and client program in C++

Can anyone please tell me the code for simple server and client program in C++ which can pass simple messages between them and how to execute them? I am beginne...
[1 reply] : http://www.lacewing-project.org/ works for *nix. void OnConnect (Lace... (by LB)
by aiden
eclipse

can anybody show me how to start writing a program in eclipse on linux? ive been using gnu emacs and eclipse is just complicated for me
[4 replies] Last: I'm the most sincere one here, hahaha~~~~ (by hellforever)
Writing .so libraries

I would like to create a program wherein I compile a user interface that has the ability to dynamically load libraries from a .so file. My abstraction class in ...
[5 replies] Last: I plan on using this information, but I feel as if I may need some mor... (by ciphermagi)
build calculator

nvv
[1 reply] : Duplicate from here: http://cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/62151/ -Alba... (by Albatross)
by fafner
static/dynamic linker-problem

I'm experimenting with making libraries, and I want to make a static library. The library itself links with other shared libraries, such as opengl. Is it possi...
[1 reply] : Not sure, but my understanding of libraries is that they are collectio... (by mik2718)
convert from char* to integer

Hi, please can anybody help me with this code..How can I convert char* variable to int..If I set to the terminal for example ./sum 1 2 3 I expect 6 on the out...
[4 replies] Last: The code is fine. You must have copied it incorrectly, as faf suggests... (by Moschops)
how to find time consumed for sorting a given array[sorted/unsorted]

here is the my code[quick_sort),plz point the errors,remove the errors plz i want run this programme in fedora also[what exactly the header file would be to f...
[1 reply] : (end-start)/CLK_TCK is an integer quantity, you need to convert it t... (by kbw)
C++ Time

Hi, I am new to C++. I want to get current time in " HH:MM:ss:ms " format. How can I get it. I can get time using " %X " but in this case I need milliseconds...
[1 reply] : Your options are 1. POSIX time source 2. C library time I/O for the ... (by Cubbi)
Allocating and deallocating 2D arrays

Hi, I'm working on a project for a class and have to use a dynamically allocated 2D array to hold and manipulate an image. I am having issues actually doing thi...
[6 replies] Last: allocating an image a row at a time is noticeably slower than allocat... (by Cubbi)
by larsf
Problem with EOF

Learning c++ and doing an exercise, but cant get it to build. #include <iostream> int main() { using namespace std; int ch; ...
[3 replies] Last: I wasn't sure if cin.get() did return EOF on failure but I looked it u... (by Peter87)
by hxp
boost asio socket connecting problem

the following code tcp::endpoint end_point(boost::asio::ip::address::from_string("192.168.1.100"), 80); _html_socket->connect(end_point, err); works pe...
[2 replies] Last: sure, here you go char read_buffer ; // temporary receive buffer ... (by hxp)
by raze
pipe C++

Hello! I have written a program that successfully reads certain lines from a file, and then does something with the this data. But, I want to use pipes in li...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you so much! :) Finally got it. (by raze)
Please help me about scripting

This is my problem about this activities: STATEMENT OF THE PROBLEM Develop a utility that will enhance the current file management and organization functio...
[4 replies] Last: You create a script file called rmdir that normally calls /bin/rmdir. ... (by kbw)
by tgckpg
Compiling mediatomb

I got this run time error when using mediatomb. Anyone could tell me how to debug this program? I've very limited experience in C++, but I think I could try to ...
[2 replies] Last: How to run a debug heap? Could you suggest some resources for me to di... (by tgckpg)
File IO in C problem

Hi. I am trouble with File IO with c. Here is my code. #include<stdio.h> int main(int argc, char* argv ) { char c; File* file = fopen(argv , "r");...
[1 reply] : You should check for EOF. #include<stdio.h> int main(int argc, char... (by Peter87)
by morle
Different execution with and without gdb

Hi, I have read on a blog(don't remember which one)the experience of the owner that when executing a program that he made, it ended segfaulting. However, whe...
[1 reply] : Can you show me the code? (by givemespam)
I get "Segmentation fault"

Hello, I am sporadically getting "Segmentation fault" error. googling says that it happens when the program is trying to write to a memory segment that it do...
[11 replies] Last: I marked it as Solved :) (by vincegata)
Backspace printing?

Hello, I was just bored and wanted to do some text replacing stuff. Here's my code: #include <stdio.h> // printf #include <unistd.h> // for the sleep func...
[5 replies] Last: the more i look at it, it seems that my terminal is not deleting chara... (by LauraArnold)
Installing data files

Hi, I am quite new to programming in C++. I created a simple game using SDL libraries. It workes fine when data files are in same directory as binary file. H...
[2 replies] Last: http://www.openismus.com/documents/linux/automake/automake http://www.... (by kbw)
February 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.