UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2012

Show Process!

Hello, I would like to show all Process on my App. on Linux. Later the App. said the User if come a new Process. I dont know how i start .... ChoRisk
[1 reply] : You know the program 'top' already does this, right? (by mik2718)
Try to break while-loop after some time

Hey all together. This is my first post, so i hope you can help me a lot :). English is not my first language. I got a while-loop and a time how long it s...
[1 reply] : You can get system time before you enter the while loop and test for t... (by elsaghir)
Ubutu , chaning the server .

Hi , I am trying to run my c++ code in ubuntu .. but it seems that g++ package is not installed . when i execute these command sudo apt-get -f install ...
[3 replies] Last: there is probably a network buffer overflow thus u should try to incr... (by polar)
Undefined reference to "sleep(unsigned int)"

I have a program written with Windows-only code that I'm converting to multi platform. I've taken the windows only function, Sleep(unsigned int millisecon...
[8 replies] Last: That's why you include <windows.h> and not <unistd.h> on Windows. sle... (by Athar)
Show Process!

Hello, I would like to show all Process on my App. on Linux. Later the App. said the User if come a new Process. I dont know how i start .... ChoRisk
[no replies]
by GnG
JSON + Socket

Hi all, I have to send an image in json format by socket, please, how can I do it? i'm really lost. Thanks in advanced.
[2 replies] Last: you can use base64-serialization for the binary data (the image) che... (by xcompile)
How to do this with array?

Hi, Total newb here, how would i do this not using a cin? the program must read 5 characters from the user and print them in reverse order?
[2 replies] Last: Why can't you use cin? ;_; If you need cin to read individual characte... (by Albatross)
serialize access to a shared resource (direct calls? IPC?)

Hi all, I'd like to see some advices to solve this problem: there are several processes, which all must share a single connection to database; all processe...
[1 reply] : If this is a heavyweight DB like MySQL or similar then the DB does all... (by mik2718)
log4cpp with eclipse

Hi I am new to c++. I want to develop a transaction management system. in that case i have to maintain log files. I got the an API for log file creating. It...
[7 replies] Last: Hi, Thank you both of you. I am still with my problem. I also think t... (by dushantha12)
by k0t4
Open file dialog for Linux

I'm trying to find a way to get an open file dialog to open in Linux. The main issue I'm having is that all of the file dialog calls I know of for c++ are cont...
[3 replies] Last: Athar, thank you so much. You just saved me a ton of time and one majo... (by k0t4)
regex in C++

Dear all, I was trying the following code to use regex in c++, but getting an error. Can someone please help me to solve this problem or how to use regex in c+...
[7 replies] Last: Dear Moorecm, Thank you so much for your valuable comment. I will try ... (by rahularjun86)
by vyrte
shared segment creation

hello! i'm writing a program using shared memory segment which i want to attach to other parts of the program.the thing is that my shared memory segment is rep...
[5 replies] Last: Hmmm, I've got different classes for encapsulating the shared memory s... (by mik2718)
Creating multiple python interpreter from C++ threads

Hi, I am trying to create multiple python interpreter using Py_NewInterpreter() function in C++ thread. When i run the code sometime it works but sometime it j...
[no replies]
by Torin
Problems with processing command-line arguments.

I'm a beginner to C++ and I'm trying to use if statements in a basic program to find out what command-line arguments were passed with the program. I have this: ...
[7 replies] Last: i didnt know that thank you that is actually really helpful (by Aramil of Elixia)
no match for 'operator=' in 'it.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator

I am using Code Blocks on Ubuntu and I am getting the following error no match for 'operator=' in 'it.__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator......... vector<vect...
[1 reply] : vector<vector<string> > SortVect; vector<vector<string> >::iterator i... (by Moschops)
Downloading a file

#define CURL_STATICLIB #include <stdio.h> #include <curl/curl.h> #include <curl/types.h> #include <curl/easy.h> #include <string.h> size_t write_data(vo...
[1 reply] : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1636333/download-file-using-libcurl... (by Moschops)
problems with std::ifstream in code block on Ubuntu

hell, I am new to code blocks and programing in a linux enviroment my issue is that my code worked find in VS 2010 but it does not work in Code Blocks runnin...
[5 replies] Last: I got it to work, for the code completion problem I updated to a night... (by rilesdg3)
Compiling g++ 4.6.2 for -std=c++0x

I want to start working with C++11, but right now I can't seem to find much in the way of IDE's that have the new standard. I would like to compile g++ 4.6.2 fr...
[9 replies] Last: These posts, combined with http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/317... (by ciphermagi)
code problem help really needed

having difficulty with my code , the user is suppose to input a character and then move it , up , down , ;left and right using the keys : i,j,k,l on the keyboar...
[3 replies] Last: http://cplusplus.com/doc/tutorial/control/ (by ciphermagi)
[SOLVED] How to restart a thread at midnight?

Hello, I am running Ubuntu 11.04. I have an application that downloads data from the remote web server. This web server shuts down for maintenance at mid...
[6 replies] Last: I'll use setitimer or sleep(60) in separate thread, I'll see what's ea... (by vincegata)
January 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.