UNIX/Linux Programming - January 2012 (Page 2)

How do I start programming in Linux?

I've already installed Linux Ubuntu 11.10 on my laptop as a dual boot, but now the question is how do I begin programming again in Linux? What are the tools I n...
[12 replies] Last: sudo apt-get install build-essential (by xander333)
by sagarG
Is this possible in C++ ??

Hello, Is is possible to print a message cout << "success" after successful compilation of a program..? I actually want to give user the options to do va...
[7 replies] Last: Please read something about Makefiles: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma... (by Ivan Sidarau)
How you got Student Projects

hello Friends got your project from here:- We welcome student for student projects and provide better opportunity for the student to boom his carrier, for...
[1 reply] : what type of projects a person can get prom there? please give a littl... (by Jamesadam432)
by caruga
Problem with select, stdout, SIGALRM

I don't know if this is the best forum for it, please point me to a good unix dev forum otherwise. FUrthermore it is probably, but not definitely, an issue wit...
[no replies]
Need VC++.NET/C++ Linux-Tuxedo developer

Cook Systems International needs a strong VC++/C++ developer to help us convert a VC++.NET application to C++ Linux/Tuxedo. Java and shell script a plus. Contra...
[no replies]
Auto-update a file that is being written to

Hey all! I am writing an application that will read data coming in through a serial port (RS232) and write that data to a file. This file will then be parsed...
[1 reply] : Parallel read and write are very common and well supported in Unix. re... (by Biju Scaria)
NCURSES ACS_* constants don't play nicely with mvchgat()...?

Hi all... first post. Whee. I'm trying to brush up on my C++ by writing a roguelike. I'm using the NCURSES ACS_ * constants for linedraw characters to d...
[2 replies] Last: (@TEDickey) That did the trick; thanks! I guess the connection betw... (by zerobandwidth)
CodeNavigator View source code in iPad just like Source Insight

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/id492480832?mt=8 Description CodeNavigator is a developer's tool for browsing source code using CScope. It can help you to...
[no replies]
by tsznxx
How to delete vector elements created by new

class BED { .... }; int main() { BED * tbed; tbed =new BED(...); // push element into vector. vector<BED> BEDList; BEDList.push_back(*...
[4 replies] Last: @Peter87: That is interesting. I will have to make note of that and... (by zerobandwidth)
inter-process or inter-program communication on linux?

this is a C question.. and this might not be a great place to ask, but i used to post alot on this forum, and i was hoping that you people would have the expert...
[no replies]
by Smoke
./Configure fails

Hi My configure command won't work, it gets as far as creating the two makefile (.in and .am) then stops. I dont really know how to debug it. What are the p...
[1 reply] : It should tell you what it can't find. (by Moschops)
by bueddl
[packet capturing] handling switching between network byte order and host byte order

Dear community, I'm currently programming a tool using libpcap. While capturing the network packets, I discovered, that there are some issues interpretating...
[1 reply] : I figured it mostly out by myself. I used a paralell working instance ... (by bueddl)
by dumela
g++ and command line questions

Hi, I am just wondering what the following would mean... My c++ code is to be compilable with g++ and needs to be executed with the following command line...
[5 replies] Last: I can't understand what you mean about the -f flag. Can you post the e... (by Galik)
File Management

Hi, I am new to C++. I got a project. It is a multi threading application. In this case my part is develop a log file creating library. I got some experience...
[2 replies] Last: There are very many C++ logging libraries. boost.log (a boost candida... (by Cubbi)
How to mix audio using SDL or ALSA lib?

i have played a ".wav" file (use SDL_mixer lib), but i want to play multiply pcm audio file (particular .wav file) at same time. How to do that? Please sugg...
[5 replies] Last: yeah, thank so much, i could played 2 .wav file at same time by loadin... (by binladenvn88)
Setting up Linux

Ok so currently I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I want to get Linux Ubuntu on here as a dual boot. I already have a free partition made on my HD (650 GB total HD,...
[16 replies] Last: If you have enough disk space for it and a modern machine, VirtualBox ... (by digarrett3)
C++ with internet input/output

I'm trying to write a program that will read text from a server page*, then use some of the terms from that text as search terms on a different webpage. I'll t...
[3 replies] Last: I sometimes use cURL: http://cplusplus.com/forum/unices/45878/#msg2492... (by Galik)
Programming NetWork camera

Guys need to do a project in c + + checking a camera network. I would like to better understand how this program works and need to do some network protocol to p...
[2 replies] Last: Actually I just need to recover the camera streamed over the network. ... (by SirSmart)
pow() error

I am having trouble with this bit of code: if((a < b < c) && (a % 1) == 0 && (b % 1) == 0 && (c % 1) == 0 && pow(c, 2) = pow(a, 2) + pow(b, 2)) With th...
[6 replies] Last: Yeah, I got it to work, but, as you could all see, it was really bad... (by Ben Duncan)
pthread_t question

Hi! Does anyone know how to check if a pthread_t is set to a valid value? e.g. I'd like to know certain thread is running or not, but hate to add another varia...
[4 replies] Last: The problem is no different from telling if a file handle (or anything... (by kbw)
January 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [dec2011] [feb2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.