UNIX/Linux Programming - February 2012 (Page 3)

by morle
Different execution with and without gdb

Hi, I have read on a blog(don't remember which one)the experience of the owner that when executing a program that he made, it ended segfaulting. However, whe...
[3 replies] Last: I don't know but my thought was that the debugger slows down the progr... (by Peter87)
Set the variable via terminal -need help

Hi, I just started programming in linux today and I have problem with this simple source code. can you please help me, how can I change this code to do this on ...
[1 reply] : http://www.site.uottawa.ca/~lucia/courses/2131-05/labs/Lab3/CommandLin... (by Moschops)
[SOLVED] Which Thread library for secure argument passing ?

Hi all, I am a thread newbie. I read several tutorials and I experiment. pthread seems to not be secured with argument passing. Here is my test code : ...
[10 replies] Last: Thank you very much for the clarification and help. (by lalebarde)
developing a shell

Hi all, I am going through Unix(by Sumitabha Das) and C++(Robert Lafore).In order to get through the concepts in a better way I would like to develop a ...
[no replies]
I cannot undestand thic c++ code

Dear All, I am seeking the help of people who know c++ . Could anybody explain to me what is going on here ? ( i am tryin to learn ...
[7 replies] Last: oh I see ! thank you :)) (by knowledgeseeker11)
How can I add heartbeat functionality to asynchronous sockets client.

Hello, I have the sample code from chapter 16.2 of Sockets book by Richard Stevens which is an asynchronous client that reads/writes into sockets/stdin/stdou...
[5 replies] Last: Thank you again! (by vincegata)
"object of variable size may not be initialized"

here you see following listing in C : #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <stdbool.h> #define addr 4194304 /* for-loop mit addr adresse...
[9 replies] Last: guys: he redeclared x so if on line 16 he just had x = true then it w... (by Aramil of Elixia)
by Null
Can't compile wxWidgets on unbuntu

Hello, I am trying to compile wxWidgets on Ubuntu but when I run 'conifigure' it tells that GTK is not installed. When I tried to compile a test program I got ...
[3 replies] Last: I have another problem: when try to run a program I get the following ... (by Null)
by gomsi
how to use INT32 abc using typecast

i have to display INT32 abc from a file ...i dont know what is INT32 type and how to show its output?
[2 replies] Last: You probably mean a 32 bit integer. C99 defines a type for that, int3... (by kbw)
How to do graphics programming in linux?

I actually need to try to rebuild my project which was in CPP on windows platform,to Linux platform. The problem is that I am not able to get corresponding ele...
[3 replies] Last: And this is one reason for which I still use Windows. What, graphic... (by Athar)
Void* arithmetic

Hello everyone, For a school project I am working on, I must use an array of unspecified objects: void* voidarray; In addition to this pointer, I need an...
[5 replies] Last: Char pointers are a great idea, since each char is a single byte. Than... (by NewProgrammer)
how to limit execttion time of a function

I am trying to run a compiled c program from my program float execute(char filename ){ float run_time char str ; strcpy(str,".// "); strcat(str,fi...
[3 replies] Last: Google. There's a bunch of threading API's out there, though most of t... (by hanst99)
by isnork
Topic with GNU debugger

Hi, I was trying to debug some code with GNU debugger: // more things before unsigned int size( coll_ets.size() ); unsigned int inner_size( 0 ); ...
[5 replies] Last: Hi! I was compiling with: CXXFLAGS = \ -D_GNU_SOURCE \ -DCPLUS... (by isnork)
how to install eclipse c compiler?

may i know how can i enable eclipse classic to use c/c++ programming as there are only java after install? and any recommend g++ compiler in linux??
[1 reply] : What? I think this is what you're looking for, though I have problems ... (by hanst99)
can´t insert symbols in linux??

iḿ new to linux and wanna try on c++ programming, but i can´t insert ---> " propably thus i can´t cout sentence in c++, when i press the keyboard i will get...
[1 reply] : It's hard to understand what you are saying. Are you saying that you c... (by Peter87)
by outer
Execute Shell Script with button function

hi, I have created a little GUI with QT Designer/Creator. Now I want to execute a Shell Script by pushing a button. I have already connected the button to a me...
[4 replies] Last: Thx for the answer - the given documentation is very interesting thoug... (by outer)
How can I get the application name?

Hello, I have a global function that I use in my applications and libraries to output error messages to cerr: void sys_err(string str) { std::cerr << loc...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you! (by vincegata)
February 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [jan2012] [mar2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.