UNIX/Linux Programming - March 2019

How to extract a .7z file within C++?

What library need I use? I searched me through the net, but I couldn't find out which dev-package I need, nor the API documentation.
[1 reply] : Took me all of 30 microseconds to find links: https://duckduckgo.com/... (by George P)
by zak100
Paralelizing Matrix Multiplication

Hi, I am trying to parallelize the different loops of matrix multiplication program using OMP but I am getting different results. Code for parallelizing all...
[1 reply] : Hi, I tried with a small 3 * 3 matrix, its working fine meaning that s... (by zak100)
optimize large nested for loops

I have a very large nested for loops, which is too much time to complete. ofstream file{"archive1.bin"}; text_oarchive oa{file}; struct pix{ int x; int y;}; ...
[1 reply] : > which is too much time to complete. How much time is "too much"? H... (by salem c)
by zak100
Segmentation fault in omp program

Hi, I am trying to compile the following omp program but its generating segmentation fault. //compute the sum of two arrays in parallel #include <std...
[2 replies] Last: Hi, Thanks. I reduced the size of N and it removed the error. God bles... (by zak100)
Computer specs that recommend for linux

It really depends on what you want to do and what software you want to run.
[1 reply] : In response to an original. Mar 23, 2019 at 8:28am UTC by Vindieselwa... (by salem c)
by zak100
Cannot Understand the Output of OMP Program

Hi, I ran an OMP program: #include <stdio.h> #include <omp.h> /* gcc -fopenmp prg1.c */ void main(){ //Write a multithreaded program that prints "he...
[3 replies] Last: > God bless you. Which one? https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_... (by salem c)
by zak100
How to speedup performance of Guassian Elimination Program using Threads

Hi, I am trying to run Guass Elimination program using 8, 4, 2, 1 threads but I am not getting good results. i.e 8 thread result is slower than the single thr...
[7 replies] Last: Forget about all that malloc and gaussEP error ridden code you crufted... (by salem c)
by zak100
How to compile OMP program in C-Linux

Hi, I have written the following omp program in C language. I am getting some errors on compilation which I can't understand. Somebody please guide me. #incl...
[3 replies] Last: Hi, I solved this problem: gcc -fopenmp prg1.c Zulfi. (by zak100)
by zak100
Timing code Printing Zero Values

Hi, I am trying to calculate the time for execution of my application. I think its giving me correct elapsed time because this value is not zero. However, some...
[3 replies] Last: The arguments are passed on the run command in gdb, not the command li... (by salem c)
by zak100
How to find out the number of cores or processors available in C

Hi, I got a following program to return the number of cores: #include <stdio.h> #include <libcpuid.h> int main(void) { struct cpu_raw_data_t raw;...
[1 reply] : Why don't you tell us what the error is? We can't control your comput... (by Ganado)
need help xmlrpc-c libraries newbie

Hi Guys, i am returning to C++ after a long time ~2003 and i am having difficulties configuring eclipse CDT to use the xmlrpc libraries. i have install xmlrpc ...
[1 reply] : i fixed it needed to put them in order xmlrpc_utils++ xmlrpc_client++... (by aliaj00)
by zak100
Why always getting same minimum value?

Hi, I am trying to find minimum value using threads. I am using rand() function but I am always getting the same answer. Following is my code which I retrieved...
[2 replies] Last: Thanks for helping me. Zulfi. (by zak100)
Ubuntu installation issues on MSI GF63 8RD

Hi to everyone! I'm trying to install Ubuntu 16.04 or 18.04 on my new laptop. I've made everythings, starting from the UEFI settings to GPT or MBR settings. ...
[1 reply] : You'd be much better off asking here -> https://ubuntuforums.org/ This... (by salem c)
by ujwala
SQLHSTMT with DB2

Hi All, I am using DB2. I want to know if there is any way/api to get the query string from SQLHSTMT handle passed to SQLEXecute(). Thanks in advance
[1 reply] : Double posted -> http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/general/251063/ (by salem c)
Library Files

I just got the book "Programming Non-Graphical Games in C++" by Vic Broquard. The first chapter has us create a Random Class Header & implementation file. In th...
[1 reply] : Did you even bother to do an internet search? Using DuckDuckGo and se... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
by Setat
Running benchmarks in a C++ based NoC simulator.

Hi, Could anybody help me about running real workloads in Noxim simulator (It's a Network-on-chip simulator based on "C++ , systemC") ? I would like to ru...
[2 replies] Last: yes, I have run Noxim simulator with synthetic traffic patterns (e.g.... (by Setat)
by maryt
multiple kills system calls into a proc

The father forks as many children as the parameter given from the command line.The children after birth are paused and the father awakens them by sending signal...
[1 reply] : http://man7.org/linux/man-pages/man2/signal.2.html A few things to not... (by salem c)
by zak100
How to Know Which Thread Is Executing A Specific Print Statement

Hi, I have created two threads and I am also using conditional variables. I want to know which thread is executing a specific print statement? // C ...
[2 replies] Last: Hi Thanks salem. Your solution worked. I have to use %lu format. pri... (by zak100)
by zak100
pthread mutex not working

Hi, I have created a C programusing pthread. #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <unistd.h> //Header file for sleep(). man 3 sleep for details....
[3 replies] Last: Hi your code is not correct which is define below: pthread_create(&th... (by shivkumar12)
memory mapped data not comming correctly

I have written a code where i am writing a map in a binary file and than reading it using boost memory mapping, but whenever i display the result it is not corr...
[6 replies] Last: It sounds like you're streaming the data. Would a pipe be more appropr... (by dhayden)
  Archived months: [feb2019] [apr2019]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.