UNIX/Linux Programming - May 2012 (Page 3)

by dadabe
Compiler bug in g++ -std=gnu++0x

This bug isn't important, because normally nobody would write such code. But maybe a bug should be corrected. I don't know, whom to contact for fixing. Maybe yo...
[7 replies] Last: Thank you CodeMonkey. Then I will do it (by dadabe)
by woogi
Problem with Code::Blocks & wxSmith

I just installed Code::Blocks and wxSmith from the repository. I placed a couple of buttons on a form and tried to run it and got the following error: firstA...
[1 reply] : You need wxwidgets development files and all its dev depedencies (like... (by modoran)
segmentation fault - char* to int

Hi All I am trying the below code in Linux platform using GNU compiler - g++ . It got compiled and generated executable. However I got "Segmentation fault" err...
[2 replies] Last: Your code makes an int, 23458, and then creates a char pointer, pointi... (by Moschops)
rouge-like game not working

Ive been coding this all night and for the life of me i cant get it to work, it gets stuck in a loop. /////////////////////////////////// // Console app...
[2 replies] Last: Updated and made all map variables arrays added SFML to handle PNG til... (by TheRocketRocketMan)
Is there way I could make my own header files? (1,2)

Hi, I was wondering if linux has a method to create your own personal header files like the stdio.h. Maybe somone might know a word to describe the keywords tha...
[23 replies] Last: Well that is nice, that means every single one of my books are wrong. ... (by BHX)
by sam32
[C++]getting segmentation fault while trying to call a function in the start routine of pthread_create

Hi All, I am working on a benchmark application and trying to make it multi threaded. I have spawned threads from a function called by main(). The start routi...
[1 reply] : extern "c" { void* run(void* arg) { CFileOp* trans = static_cast<... (by guestgulkan)
by vyrte
list hosts

hi to all! Is there a way to list all hosts of your lan? any help is welcome!
[6 replies] Last: This might help: http://www.beej.us/guide/bgnet/output/html/multipage/... (by Errigour)
sniff memory of another program

Hi, I'd like to write a program that sniffs out specific memory values of another program that's currently running, and then stores and writes those values t...
[no replies]
by R0mai
Total CPU usage for Linux

I'm looking for a way, to get the total CPU usage from C++. Similar to what a task manager would show. I found a program which does that in Windows: http://e...
[5 replies] Last: Hmmm....never thought much about CPU usage until you made this thread.... (by BHX)
by ENG H
problems at a half-duplix shared-memory based chat app

Hi there ... I'm trying to build two process that uses Shared memory to exchange messages... what I'm doing as you will see , is requesting for a shared memor...
[1 reply] : You can't do that. If you're going to use shared memory, you can only... (by kbw)
I dare you to find what is wrong. It wont compile. Please i dare you!

My code will not compile. How do i get the string to work correctly? I am used exactly what my professer put on the board. This program should be compiling. I...
[4 replies] Last: And that's generated from the code you posted? I don't think so. You... (by kbw)
by azdem
Compiling PCIe driver source code

Hi All, I want to compile the source code, given on http://li5.ziti.uni-heidelberg.de/mprace/pciDriver.tar.gz using the given makefile, instructed as on t...
[4 replies] Last: Thank you very much for your reply. I have the library files (.a and ... (by azdem)
C++ and mathematical expressions

I have an practical due tomorrow and I was wondering if anyone could help me I cant seem to find the right way to start with this question, I know that I should...
[8 replies] Last: thanks it helped allot. (by Shadow222)
Shell Script Doubts

Hello please kindly solve these doubts i have about the following scripts Script 1 //Shell script that accepts arguments and prints them in reverse order// e...
[9 replies] Last: @ne555 Hi thanks for the reply "¿why are you doing that? It's your p... (by Shynash21)
May 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [apr2012] [jun2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.