UNIX/Linux Programming - November 2013 (Page 2)

line oriented command mean

hi all; can someone explain what the meaning of the "line oriented command" is? like fdisk command in linux and how about "cryptic" meaning?
[no replies]
by Ceset
sdl not found

hi everyone i have a problem with linux sdl2 (and i never tried sdl 1.2) usage dont know if it is installation or sth else cmakelist cmake_minimum_requi...
[9 replies] Last: $ wget http://www.libsdl.org/release/SDL2-2.0.1.tar.gz $ tar xvfz SDL... (by ne555)
by logy91
LINUX shell Project

Hello I have been given this project by my OS doctor I have no experience with LINUX nor UNIX and I do not know where to start Create a new file shell.c ...
[1 reply] : This has nothing to do with Linux or Unix as such. A command prompt i... (by keskiverto)
Piping with 2 processes in c++

I am writing a program that is supposed to run 2 unix commands using 2 separate processes and using pipes i send the output of 1 into the input of another. I ha...
[5 replies] Last: not sure what you are doing but have you considered popen? You can pu... (by mik2718)
compilator Ubuntu

What compilator should I install for the most new standards of C++ programming. Now I have the new version g++ installed by command: sudo apt-get install g++, ...
[15 replies] Last: Thank you very much. Now everythink is OK ;) (by Tomasz92)
Unable to catch EOF in ARM systems

Please refer to http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19838702/in-c-how-to-detect-eof-in-arm-architecture for the problem.
[1 reply] : If you unplug the USB while it is in use then all bets are off. You'll... (by Duthomhas)
LInux PC to FPGA communication

Hi, I wrote a TCP IP client using stream socket and tried to communicate that with FPGA server. But the communication is not happening. At the same time from...
[2 replies] Last: #include "Hmi_Lan_Interface.h" void* Transmit_Data(void *DataParam) {... (by salinysanke)
Program goes into infinite loop. Please help

Im writing a program that prompts the user for 2 commands. Each input string should be a UNIX command, with arguments allowed. For example, input 1 could be "l...
[no replies]
by algo89
How to run cpp file on Terminal?

I have a C++ program in a cpp file and would like to run it on the terminal in Unix (Macbook user). I have very little Unix experience, so could anybody please ...
[3 replies] Last: Better then using terminal. says who? i have used a number of ides ... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
libcsdbg: a C++ exception (and generic) stack tracer library

I want to inform you about an open source release, libcsdbg that is easy to interface at your code and gives you an easy, transparent way to create/output excep...
[1 reply] : Hello again I want to inform you about the new release of libcsdbg, h... (by tasos42)
How to include headers by their path in the file system

Hi, I'm new in this Forum and hope I've chosen the right topic. I've recently started programming in C++, because I have to use some program-packages from c...
[1 reply] : c++ uses relative paths not absolute ones. ie if you have your project... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Compiling for linux

I'm running windows and i would like to compile for Linux is there a way to compile on windows or do i have to compile on Linux. If so can you help me setup a V...
[6 replies] Last: If his code is at all demanding to compile, it won't go well in a vir... (by closed account Dy7SLyTq)
Connection time out in socket programming

Hi everyone, I wrote c# server socket program in window and c client socket program in Linux. Between them I connected with crossover cable. And when I run my s...
[3 replies] Last: send(sockfd, "hello", 6, 0); http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?qu... (by kbw)
by mqazi
select function

#include <errno.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> #include <sys/time.h> #include "restart.h" int copy2files(int fromfd1, int tofd1, ...
[2 replies] Last: The select() on line 53 blocks on the file descriptors (FDs) set in li... (by ShodanHo)
UART Serial Connection

Hi, I am trying to implement a code that is able to receive input from a serial communication. I believe that it is possible to do this using fstream, but so fa...
[1 reply] : It's been a number of years, but on Linux I have not used std::fstream... (by ShodanHo)
Connection refused in socket programming in c

Hi everyone, I am writing socket programming in c in Linux. I wrote client and sever programs. But when I run it, server is ok. But client showed that connectio...
[8 replies] Last: When I wrote a c# server program in window and c client program in Lin... (by sanda199)
by agt
Clang fails to compile c++

Hello Everyone. Recently I decided to give the compiler clang a try after hearing about it. I installed the entire LLVM toolchain from the official (LLVM) Sa...
[3 replies] Last: Finally solved clang -stdlib=libc++ -std=c++11 -lc++ <sourcefile> -o ... (by agt)
Error with std::out_of_range, Can someone help?

Here is the console: varr HelloWorld, Hello, world!; prnt HelloWorld; quit terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::out_of_range' what(): basic_...
[3 replies] Last: My guess is that one of the: argv.substr(i, 4) argv.substr(x) statem... (by ShodanHo)
Linux C++ Daemon

Hi, Im writing a daemon that gets the data from the mysql and processes each. in Daemon it runs incomplete(Deletes From database but not do other things). wi...
[1 reply] : Sounds like an DB permissions problem. You need to confirm the user a... (by kbw)
Multithreading race condition issue

I have an issue with my code ... my below code is createing databases(database here is a kd tree) and indexing one image per database. i have two classes LastD...
[no replies]
November 2013 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [oct2013] [dec2013]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.