UNIX/Linux Programming - December 2013

how to rerun the command without last argument in unix

Hi, how to rerun the command without last argument in unix? It means I have passed 4 arguments for execution but next time I want re-run the same command with...
[3 replies] Last: man bash Word Designators : > echo foo bar gaz bah foo bar gaz bah... (by keskiverto)
Cross Compiler for Windows to ARM Linux

I need a cross compiler so I can compile my code on my desktop and move it over to a BeagleBone. I use Code::Blocks for development. The BeagleBone black use...
[5 replies] Last: Hello TexanMonkey, I also use the BeagleBone Black a lot. Linaro is m... (by HerrBrand)
file openen met een *

Hallo Heren, Momenteel ben ik bezig met het openen van diversen bestanden waarvan de gehele naam bekend en uniek is, echter wordt deze vervolgend door .rando...
[3 replies] Last: Hello gentlemen, My excuses for my very late reaction in the first pl... (by HerrBrand)
linucx c

how to open a browser and plot map values using linux c program?
[1 reply] : #include <cstdlib> #include <fstream> #include <string> #include <map... (by Lowest0ne)
permission denied (1,2)

Hi. I g++ my program. But when trying to execute ./a.out, I get: bash: ./a.out: Permission denied What's the cause for it? Thanks in advance
[22 replies] Last: I believe it depends on your umask actually. (by ResidentBiscuit)
Fork,exec wait and exit system calls

Hi All.. I read that fork intiates a process and exec executes it and exit exits the process and wait command makes the parent wait for the child's exit status...
[1 reply] : system calls such as that tend to be very well documented in the POSIX... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
malloc(): memory corruption (fast) after adding vars to object

Hi, I don't really know if this is a C++ or a generic linux (gcc) issue, so please excuse me if the question is offtopic here. I am trying to expand a...
[9 replies] Last: Hi triple5, Yep. I think you nailed it. ports.h is indeed used in se... (by krbonne)
Hiding names of functions in shared Library

I know that from definition of shared library striping/higing function names is imposible, but the point is.... This whole library is a hook to another progr...
[1 reply] : Declare things you do not wish to appear in the export symbol table as... (by Duthomhas)
Opening a new terminal window(GCC termios)

Howdy folks! New to this forum and this is my 1st thread so bear with me. I have a program that prints the Fibonacci numbers by an unsigned integer give...
[4 replies] Last: As I said, you would have to convert his code to use *nix functions to... (by Duthomhas)
C Unix Operating system project

Hey there i have a big C project for this year and i really want to pass it by. If any one interested in helping (of course he will be paid ) please contact ...
[no replies]
please help me to solve this project

Develop a java program that utilizes multithreaded techniques you learnt in the Operating Systems Lab. The following technical specifications should be included...
[no replies]
c++ for Veins-Sumo. Installing Sumo problem

Hi, i'm very new and i'm not sure if this is the right place to put this topic. Sorry if it isn't. I am trying to install Sumo-0.15.0 on my Mac. I am fol...
[2 replies] Last: I mean, even if i installed it, there is still that error.. (by danielecelsa)
by mqazi
Float to String Conversion

Whatever the size of buff, it always show 8 characters.why? how much size is allocated to buff ?? 2 bytes ? If we take one character of one byte than it should ...
[4 replies] Last: std::to_string by the dark lord! i didnt know this existed! cheers ... (by mutexe)
Please help me with the chat server

I'm trying to develop a chat sever, not just an echo one, but with rooms and nicknames and another things. I probably made a mistake in some function written fo...
[4 replies] Last: int add_connection (int server) { sockaddr_in client_addr; unsign... (by Serkyron)
by mqazi
Float to Mixed Numbers

why strcmp not comparing strings ? #include <stdio.h> #include <string.h> main() { float n = 0.5; float x = 0; char buff , b ; sprintf(bu...
[1 reply] : buff and b aren't large enough and are almost certainly being overwrit... (by kbw)
How to build/run a cpp file in Cygwin

Assuming I installed the packages in this http://cs.calvin.edu/curriculum/cs/112/resources/installingEclipse/cygwin/ page, what would be the command to build an...
[3 replies] Last: Solved, it was ./a (where a is the executable) I was doing something l... (by xeonn eighttwosize)
Should I just read a book?

I am getting nowhere trying to understand Linux programming on my own. Should I just get a book to study from? How did you learn? Where did you start? Did y...
[5 replies] Last: Try forming your lack of understanding into questions and then post th... (by closed account S6k9GNh0)
by mqazi
Sighandler doesn,t work

Hy friends, I've written this code, it receives signal but does not call signal handler, how can I fix it ?(edited) it should be implemented by using sigwait ...
[3 replies] Last: yes, I want to call it by sigwait function ... like I did in code and ... (by mqazi)
Standard Linux C++ API

Sorry, this may seem like a stupid question, but is there a standard C++ API I can look at online for Linux? Thanks!
[2 replies] Last: is there a standard C++ API Not really. The relvant standard is POSI... (by kbw)
by mifum
configure CodeBlock for PCL

Hi all, I installed PCL on my computer with Ubuntu 12.04 LTS folowing instructions find here: http://pointclouds.org/downloads/linux.html Then I followed th...
[no replies]
December 2013 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [nov2013] [jan2014]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.