UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2012 (Page 3)

Not able to set the MTU size of the ethernet interfaces using NETLINK sockets via NETLINK_ROUTE option

I have written a program to set the MTU size of the particular interface(say eth0 or eth1) to 1100. And the Request message is send from user space using Netli...
[no replies]
by cal1j
Best GUI for learning C++ in Ubuntu Linux

Hi Guys, I am a programming newbie taking a C++ course at my local college. I am interested in what the best GUI package is for building GUI's in Linux. Idea...
[9 replies] Last: mik2718 wrote: Everyone says Qt but it has this macro thing where yo... (by TheIdeasMan)
usleep(1000) is not working

Hello Everyone, My process was using 90% cpu so i have used usleep(1000). but after using this also nothing is happening my process is using same cpu. ...
[6 replies] Last: Write a more efficient program maybe? (by ResidentBiscuit)
undefined reference to functions in lib , but only in IDES

hi everyone. i have a strange problem with the linker , when im using a command line compilation in UNIX environment the compilation and linking works. im...
[3 replies] Last: If you receive linking errors, then you are not linking. Ask your IDE ... (by ne555)
by CMarco
Convert string

Hello to all, I have a string named str and I want to convert this string to an uint64_t name t. Can someone advise me. Regards CMarco
[3 replies] Last: Hi, I find this, works also: unsigned long strtoul(const char... (by CMarco)
Running program for every file in directory

I have just started learning Linux (Ubuntu) and I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question. I have a list of 500 text files, that end with...
[2 replies] Last: But in that case you need a file with the list of files that you want ... (by ne555)
Bash shell scripting

Ok not really C++ here, but I have this shell script assignment that I can't get to work. Just takes some input and throws it into some variables right now. Any...
[12 replies] Last: Don't use csh (or rather tcsh) for scripts. http://www.faqs.org/faqs/u... (by kbw)
pthread_testcancel() before and after read(...)

What is the significance of calling pthread_testcancel() before and after a read(...) call?
[3 replies] Last: They make it possible to terminate a thread without terminating the wh... (by Cubbi)
Socket descriptor values returned by socket()

Hi, Is the socket descriptor value returned by socket() constant for constant arguments? Or is it just an available descriptor value? Is there anyway thi...
[1 reply] : On UNIX/Linux it is usually the next available file descriptor the cre... (by kooth)
October 2012 Pages: 123
  Archived months: [sep2012] [nov2012]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.