UNIX/Linux Programming - October 2016

I/O Loop using Fork() and Pipe()

Hi, everyone, I'm working on a college assignment and I'm having a bit of difficulty getting it to work properly. The assignment calls for us to write a C++ pro...
[1 reply] : Solved it! #include <sys/types.h> #include <sys/wait.... (by Yomaster)
by hyxzc
I can run through in the window xp, but all the answers in the Linux is error

#include<iostream> #include<cstdio> #include<vector> #define mp make_pair #define LL long long #define maxn 200000+100 using namespace std; vector<pa...
[3 replies] Last: http://www.cplusplus.com/forum/beginner/1/#msg6681 (by kbw)
by seelis
Understeaning Socket and chat basics

Hi, I tried to create my little chat bash (following this tutorial for sockets : http://tldp.org/LDP/LG/issue74/tougher.html) And i have a problem when I ...
[2 replies] Last: You have a number of errors, some more significant than others. First... (by kbw)
Generic Makefile/Project

I've been working on a development environment architecture. I am targeting a posix-style environment, but want it to work on Windows as well. I am having tro...
[3 replies] Last: Remember to declare DEPENDENCIES as phony or it won't work properly. (by kbw)
by nsi
my timer works in VS but fails using g++

Dear programmers! I am having an issue with writing a timer in gnu. My code is: #include <iostream> #include <cstdio> #include <cstdlib> #include <cmat...
[3 replies] Last: Thanks very much! (by nsi)
How to stop execution for a specific time ?

How can I stop the execution flow at a specific point for some time (I need a few seconds) ? I need this for an interactive story telling game, running at conso...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you, Peter. (by nuderobmonkey)
std::asnyc vs std::thread

Hi, It seems that std::async can be replaced by std::thread in C++11, why we need std::async? Thank you - j
[1 reply] : std::async() provides a simple (the simplest) abstraction for a task... (by JLBorges)
using assert

I am trying to make test cases for a program that finds and prints the prime factors of a number. So, 100 would print out 2 2 5 5. I have the program written bu...
[1 reply] : One way would be to create a function like this: #include <iostream>... (by Thomas1965)
Refactor tool for Ununtu terminal

Is there a refactoring tool I can use on a terminal? One that works well with CMake projects?
[no replies]
Running c++ code in xubuntu

1. First question, I want to use control keys to end my program but don't know how to code it. ex. Pressing ctrl + v will end the program. 2. I want to put e...
[1 reply] : 2. I want to put each function in a separate file. How do I go about ... (by Repeater)
by zxcvbn
MSP430 programming under Linux - mspdebug fails to connect to programmer

I am trying to program the MSP430 (on an MSP-EXP430F5438 evaluation board http://www.kynix.com/Parts/3596582/MSP-EXP430F5438.html) under Linux using gcc-msp430 ...
[2 replies] Last: Are you sure your device is actually connected to /dev/ttyUSB0? (by jlb)
Vectors to print a persons information

Hi, I have written part of this code but I am having trouble with some things that I dont know are missing. The requirement of the code is below: Your progra...
[9 replies] Last: Test Run C:\Users\mpark\Desktop\People\bin\Debug>People.exe personsIn... (by mpark4656)
Making a shared object.

I'm having troubles creating a simple so, and I can't figure out why. I've spent a few hours reading, but no one ever seems to explain the basics. Could someo...
[4 replies] Last: Way to go! I use both cygwin and Linux at home -- did you get this ru... (by koothkeeper)
Bubble sorting an array, calculating medians, and outputting the array.

I'm quite new here and having a hard time wrapping my head around the subject. Basically, I need to take input from a data file, bubble sort it into an array in...
[2 replies] Last: you can try use the file operations functions in fstream module, htt... (by vincentps)
using rand()

I am trying to generate a random number from a user inputted range. I am having problems with it going out of bounds. Here is my function. What am I doing wrong...
[4 replies] Last: Your way was telling the program to generate a random number between 0... (by TwilightSpectre)
My own version of Linux

I want to make my own version of Linux and i have tried to learn c++ in the past but never really did any work with it i was hoping to make a game out of it but...
[7 replies] Last: Here is something to read if they teach that in the south. http://arst... (by SamuelAdams)
How to become systems programmer?

I'm a 3rd year computer science student interested in pursuing my career as systems programmer.I'm just worried that I may not find any jobs in this field.I'm ...
[2 replies] Last: en you can have a try in China^_^ (by wuqiangheng)
File and vector

Here is the updated version. Im posting the code below. Hi, I have written part of this code but I am having trouble with some things that I dont know ar...
[2 replies] Last: First, please post code with code tags. See: http://www.cplusplus.com/... (by keskiverto)
Reading in scores from a file

I am having trouble figuring out how to read in scores from a file. The first line of the file has three integers, each indicating the number of quiz grades, h...
[1 reply] : How are you storing your grade information in your program? Will you s... (by closed account 49iURXSz)
How to fix this php server erorr in oscommerce

I am running an osCommerce app on Hostforlife.eu. I'm not a php expert though. I recently found that some admin pages give errors. I narrowed the problem down t...
[1 reply] : Note that this website specializes in the C++ programming language. In... (by closed account 49iURXSz)
October 2016 Pages: 12
  Archived months: [sep2016] [nov2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.