Windows Programming - April 2016

c# cannot convert from string to system.datetime

I am writing a Library management systemwindows form app in c#. I wrote a function to issue books and now I am trying to pass parameters to it when the issue bu...
[4 replies] Last: Thanks guys, I found my mistake. I was converting the time to short wh... (by Ismael123)
by rimz
Win32 API - Tab Control -- Help

Hi everyone, This is my first post here at cplusplus.com, ever; I'm just stuck tonight on my program a little bit; Wondering if you guys could help me o...
[1 reply] : You need to specify owner draw for your tab control and then you can p... (by Thomas1965)
Read keyboard-input from the Win32-Device-Namespace

Hi, I want to read from my Keyboard-Input-Device (Win32 Device Namespaces, \\.\). How can I decide which device is responsible for my keyboard. I can browse ...
[no replies]
by stav
functons with return types and something else

whats this thing where functions have a return type and then something else? like here with int and WINAPI ? int WINAPI WinMain()
[3 replies] Last: MSDN has the WinMain entry point defined as: int CALLBACK WinMain() ... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
FORM

Write your question here. <?php $errors = array(); $defaults = array('jmeno' => '', 'prijmeni' => '', 'pohlavi' => 'muž', 'stat' => 'RUS', 'va...
[no replies]
i need help with this code for my class

Hey for what ever reason i cant change anything in this code. i need to add an extra grade to the average and for it to say "Enter four grade for student numbe...
[1 reply] : Remove the last >> on line 18. (by hellohis9)
How to send files to another computer using Winsock2

^title I want to send a file to another computer using only WinSock2 does anyone know how to do this? Please give me all the steps to do it please im Using VC++
[4 replies] Last: Take a look at this: http://www.binarytides.com/winsock-socket-progra... (by coder777)
t_dclnt.fxp is not an object file

In Windows Explorer, when I double click on a dbf file (of form <filename>.dbf), instead of opening the file in VFP, I get a message "<filename>.fxp is not an o...
[2 replies] Last: For additional information click the following link: https://www.fixt... (by RRReese)
more flicker with owner draw button and backbuffer, help please?

hi all, i'm having trouble with flicker and an owner draw button. in the debugger i see the WM_PAINT msg comes before the WM_DRAWITEM. as the hdc is differen...
[2 replies] Last: thanks. i added case WM_CTLCOLORBTN: SetBkMode( (HDC)wParam, TRANSP... (by turnbui)
issues reading lParam

Hello all, im trying to read the message WM_SHOWWINDOW to know when my parent window is being restored after being minimized. But it appears that i cant read...
[6 replies] Last: should i be ashamed and keep searching ? ^^ Why be ashamed? To err ... (by Thomas1965)
Iterate Through Files In a Folder/Directory?

Hello -- I know how to read and write to files; however, might there be a way to iterate through the list of files in a folder so that I can pass each one as...
[1 reply] : #include <iostream> #include <vector> #include <string> #include <exp... (by JLBorges)
Unwanted console window visible

Hi, I'm using Netbeans 8.1 and have written a program to display some charts. The problem I'm having is this When I run my program, as well as the main w...
[1 reply] : You likely have set up your project wrong. I've never been able to ge... (by freddie1)
How to convert a char to an LPWSTR

So I have a char table like 'char name ;' and so the user is entering some stuff into it using cin and so I need to use that data to perform a function but the ...
[2 replies] Last: Alternatively you can use wchar_t name and use wcin; Is the function ... (by Thomas1965)
Two requests with one socket

Hello I have coded the whole structure of a Windows socket and am able to send one request. However, I want to send two. The first one is working, the second o...
[1 reply] : No one who can help me? Edit; Solved it, had to remove some spaces fr... (by Nielyboyken)
NULL

NULL
[6 replies] Last: If C++ "weirds" you out, the Windows APIs will do much worse. (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
Should I learn the Win32 API?

I currently am unemployed and need to gain experience in programming so that I can get another, better programming job. I was doing .net SharePoint stuff. I wou...
[3 replies] Last: [quote=gaxar77]Should I learn the Win32 API? Until MS removes the Wi... (by closed account E0p9LyTq)
NULL

NULL
[4 replies] Last: Thank You, but I am still very very very confused about assembly bas... (by integralfx)
How to get the File Handle from a file path

The title explains my problem I need to get the handle of a file using its file path like "C:/Desktop" that kinda thing im not interested in writing to the file...
[2 replies] Last: Thank you very helpful (by Sharpchain1)
by PacR
Red alert 2 clone inside .net

I have devised a challenge for my self to make a 2D red alert 2 clone inside .net. I want to use gif assets from cnc wiki ,but how do i control the animation ti...
[no replies]
Visual Studio 2015 "Sizeof" error

Learning C++ and windows programming. Received errors before debugging in the following example taken from "C++ Demystified": // ConsoleProject2.cpp : Define...
[4 replies] Last: sizeof is an operator. It's build into the language so you don't need ... (by Peter87)
April 2016 Pages: 1234
  Archived months: [mar2016] [may2016]

This is an archived page. To post a new message, go to the current page.